acetic acid

thegoodlife

Awards
Hey guys I'm having trouble finding some acetic acid to purchase so that I can reconstitute this IFG powder, and in no way am I going to use bac water and freeze it as some people suggest as this is just not feasible for me.

I found some acetic acid but not sure if this is suitable for reconstitution and injection purposes:

Acetic Acid, 6%, 16oz
Chemical grade: Aqueous solution
CAS: 64-19-7
Formula: CH3COOH

I'm no chemist so I dont' know.

Can anyone tell me if that is ok, or where I can get some AA.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
You mean your source does not provide the proper AA solution?

What you should do IMO is use distilled white vinegar.
In a 1cc syringe, draw up 0.12cc of distilled white vinegar and 0.88cc of distilled water.
Remove the needle, put a 0.22µM sterile filter, add a sterile needle, and filter that into a sterile vial.

Well you could also use a 3cc syringe with 0.36cc of AA and 2.64cc of water.

You're set.

thegoodlife

Awards
Ok, this sounds easy enough. The only question I have is where to get the .22 sterile filter and needle.

Is it ok to buy the distilled vinegar and water from the grocery store?

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Ok, this sounds easy enough. The only question I have is where to get the .22 sterile filter and needle.

Is it ok to buy the distilled vinegar and water from the grocery store?
If you can find distilled at the grocery store, yes. Vinegar = OK.

Some research outfits specialize in kits, conversions, homebrewing and stuff. They have the filters, syringes and needles. Pick up a bunch of small slin syringes at the same time, you will save.

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
researchsupply.com has it already in the correct mix and it is only $8 per bottle.