Can GH 'enhancers' burn out your pituitary?

Ase

Awards
I'm considering using pGHt but I'm comparing it to the prospect of just using real HGH. Let's assume the GH releaser actually works. A lot of the products that help you secrete more of your own GH tell you that it's not a matter of production but just a matter of release. Something tells me this can't be true. So if a product like pGHt 'forces' GH production, won't the pituitary get tired from this after awhile?

Also, I was taking DHEA for a month or so because I had low levels according to a few tests. Two days after I discontinued DHEA my levels were low but month after stopping my levels never looked better. They say there's no feedback loop for DHEA but I wonder if I didn't reset some kind of baseline or at least helped by giving my adrenals a break which is something that I'm told can happen with HGH -- that if your levels are low you can cycle for a bit and expect naturally higher levels as a result. At the very least you won't be exhausing your pituitary by using real HGH.

Thoughts?

designgray

designgray

Awards
Sorry, I'm of no help. :blink:

But I just started PGHT also, so I am intrested in hearing an informed and intelligent discussion on this topic. :study:

Thank you.

Viking22

Awards
I believe pGHt is reccomended as 5-on, 2-off for that purpose.

I believe they also reccomend taking every 5th week off as well.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I find that the question is a very valid one.

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
I think it´s like masturbating too often and then having no shot left for the real thing... in other words ... no, it´s not gonna happen.

Supression of the pituitary hormone release by exogenous addition of relevant hormones that will add to the negative feedback slope, yes, but "exhausting" the ptiuitary. No. Like training too much and wasting heart-beats? -nope.

there´re some cases in which the pituitary begins to work again, when gh is being admistred in age dependent growth hormone deficiency.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i havent heard anything or seen any research on the subject, but the fear of damaging my pituitary's ability to release GH naturally was enough to get me to stop using GHRP-6.

i was afraid long term use would desensitize my pituitary to non-suraphysiological levels of my natural GHRP.

i stopped using regular PGH once someone brought up a study claiming GABA decreased gonadatropin output (hence lowering testosterone levels).

I used PGH during the only post cycle therapy ive ever run that has failed to bring back my natural production.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
i havent heard anything or seen any research on the subject, but the fear of damaging my pituitary's ability to release GH naturally was enough to get me to stop using GHRP-6.

i was afraid long term use would desensitize my pituitary to non-suraphysiological levels of my natural GHRP.

i stopped using regular PGH once someone brought up a study claiming GABA decreased gonadatropin output (hence lowering testosterone levels).

I used PGH during the only post cycle therapy ive ever run that has failed to bring back my natural production.
Interesting observations and warranted concern.

Ase

Awards

What do you mean "I used PGH during the only post cycle therapy ive ever run that has failed to bring back my natural production?" You mean all your other cycles of GH made you produce more on your own? Or you didn't recover after cycling GH? I'm unclear.

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
The thing is, that with stimulating something, you don´t abuse any organs or such thing, you just simulate a production, which is great, for training results in bigger muscle and more hormones to achieve them.

In regard to admistering the
hormone that should be produced by a gland, the gland will seize its own production, because of the negative feedback produced by the syntethetic hormone, i.e. when one uses speed, mimicing the epinephrine, norepinephrine, and dopaminergic functioning, the kidney will stop producing those hormones and will shrink, in the worst case.

When admistering hgh, the pituitary gland will seize its own production, to produce it, until a stronger stimulus will overcome the feedback-loop, this is in this example hard and very long training, exhaustion, long lasting hunger/calories depletion, injuries, heat or cold, or aromtazing AAS, some amino acids... .

Best example is the nature, of how things work, so if you stimulate your own testosterone-production by i.e. aromatase inhibitors or FSH or Human Chorion Gonadotrophine, your testes will grow bigger and produce more sperm and testosterone.

You cannot exhaust your pituitary gland, cause that´s not the nature of how things work, although it might be worth to be concerned, for a minute, data suggested gh-releasing factors to be promising, mesaured work load more promising than resting in a injury of i.e. bone fractures or cartilage-damage.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What do you mean "I used PGH during the only post cycle therapy ive ever run that has failed to bring back my natural production?" You mean all your other cycles of GH made you produce more on your own? Or you didn't recover after cycling GH? I'm unclear.
i used pgh during a steroid post cycle therapy. it was the only time i have ever not recovered my natural production of testosterone during PCT, and yes i was using serms

Ase

Awards
i used pgh during a steroid post cycle therapy. it was the only time i have ever not recovered my natural production of testosterone during post cycle therapy, and yes i was using serms
Sorry to hear that. Are you saying that you are still low on T? Did you get tested to know for sure? What kind of side effects did you suffer as a result?

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
The thing is, that with stimulating something, you don´t abuse any organs or such thing, you just simulate a production, which is great, for training results in bigger muscle and more hormones to achieve them.

In regard to admistering the
hormone that should be produced by a gland, the gland will seize its own production, because of the negative feedback produced by the syntethetic hormone, i.e. when one uses speed, mimicing the epinephrine, norepinephrine, and dopaminergic functioning, the kidney will stop producing those hormones and will shrink, in the worst case.

When admistering hgh, the pituitary gland will seize its own production, to produce it, until a stronger stimulus will overcome the feedback-loop, this is in this example hard and very long training, exhaustion, long lasting hunger/calories depletion, injuries, heat or cold, or aromtazing anabolic steroids, some amino acids... .

Best example is the nature, of how things work, so if you stimulate your own testosterone-production by i.e. aromatase inhibitors or FSH or Human Chorion Gonadotrophine, your testes will grow bigger and produce more sperm and testosterone.

You cannot exhaust your pituitary gland, cause that´s not the nature of how things work, although it might be worth to be concerned, for a minute, data suggested gh-releasing factors to be promising, mesaured work load more promising than resting in a injury of i.e. bone fractures or cartilage-damage.

I hope you are right because I've been using HCG. However, the pancreas has been know to shut down from over-stimulation - hence diabetes.

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
I have used PGHT and burn out of my pituitary seems like a concern. Also I noticed reduced sex drive after two months of PGHT use according to the bottle, BUT my drop in sex drive might have also been attributed to stress. I’m currently back on PGHT but I’m going to dose a squirt every other day and see what happens. The deeper more refreshing sleep is well worth it for me. But if my sex drive takes a dive I’m stopping for good. Her is my log. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/52767-pght-log.html#post628880

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Hey Bart, your age may also have something to do w/the reduction of sex drive. Being stressed in your 30's will do it to the best of us.

Ase

Awards
Hey Bart, your age may also have something to do w/the reduction of sex drive. Being stressed in your 30's will do it to the best of us.
But aren't we supposed to be more resilient than other people in their early 30's by virtue of not only lifestyle but increasing GH in one way or another?

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I have used PGHT and burn out of my pituitary seems like a concern. Also I noticed reduced sex drive after two months of PGHT use according to the bottle, BUT my drop in sex drive might have also been attributed to stress. I’m currently back on PGHT but I’m going to dose a squirt every other day and see what happens. The deeper more refreshing sleep is well worth it for me. But if my sex drive takes a dive I’m stopping for good. Her is my log. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/52767-pght-log.html#post628880
I am into my second month of PGH and I notice reduced sex drive as well. I am a big fan of Maca and I have been off it for about a month now. When I take Maca, I notice a difference for sure in my sex drive. I am going to hold off on buying any more PGH for the time being. I sit around sometimes grabbing my junk thinking "What's going on here, am I shut down and from what?"

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
But aren't we supposed to be more resilient than other people in their early 30's by virtue of not only lifestyle but increasing GH in one way or another?
I don't necessarily know if that's true as stress can affect people in different ways, however you may well be correct. I wish BodyWIzard would chime in on this as his results using hex seems to be the opposite IE: performing at a more youthful level in the bedroom. Maybe there is truth about gaba being the culprit.