IGF-1 Long R3, inject in abdominal area Sub-Q or IM?

  1. IGF-1 Long R3, inject in abdominal area Sub-Q or IM in muscle worked?


    Simple question. I have seen posts referring to both but whats the consensus?


  2. IM bilaterally in the muscle you just trained immediately after your workout.

  3. ^^ Not necessary. It does not matter where you pin it, IGF-1 will go from the injection site into the bloodstream, and then circulates systemically and works at the areas you just trained which have up-regulated IGF-1 receptors. I do both depending on what I feel like and what else I'm pinning where. If I'm running slin and GH, I'll likely pin the IGF-1 IM. If I'm pinning a few different anabolic steroids IM, then I'll pin the IGF-1 subQ.

    If it makes you feel better you sure can pin the sites you train post-workout, but at my size there's lots of sites I can't reach on my body (i.e. lats, opposite shoulder, etc.) Also, if I can avoid the pain of bilateral injections in sites such as calves and bi's i'd like to. Also, unless you only train one bodypart per session, you're looking at many injections according to the dogma of site injections (if you do chest and bis you're looking at 4 pins after a workout).
    •   
       


  4. I lift full body, but I also do a lot of cardio and stuff that's somewhere in between as far as intensity goes. If I just got done with a bunch of calisthenics and cardio and I worked my entire body with a workout that wouldn't encourage muscle growth then I pin sub-q just for the recovery aid. If I just got done lifting or I can tell that one specific muscle group got really worked then I'll site-pin bilaterally, usually side delts, tris or bis.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Rocky82
    ^^ Not necessary. It does not matter where you pin it, IGF-1 will go from the injection site into the bloodstream, and then circulates systemically and works at the areas you just trained which have up-regulated IGF-1 receptors. I do both depending on what I feel like and what else I'm pinning where. If I'm running slin and GH, I'll likely pin the IGF-1 IM. If I'm pinning a few different anabolic steroids IM, then I'll pin the IGF-1 subQ.

    If it makes you feel better you sure can pin the sites you train post-workout, but at my size there's lots of sites I can't reach on my body (i.e. lats, opposite shoulder, etc.) Also, if I can avoid the pain of bilateral injections in sites such as calves and bi's i'd like to. Also, unless you only train one bodypart per session, you're looking at many injections according to the dogma of site injections (if you do chest and bis you're looking at 4 pins after a workout).
    Rocky every single post I see of yours, you refer to your size.. you're making me jealous.

    Also, can you prove that it really doesn't matter where you pin? This is debated everywhere with quite a bit of brotelligence thrown into the mix.

    What you said makes sense, but seeing as it's "hotly" debated, there really should be some proof to back up such an adamant statement.

    Anyways, you're big.. I get it. I'm jealous.

  6. LOL relax ubi. Im in offseason shape right now and can barely see the outline of my abs. For me that's 275ish at 5'10". As far as the IGF, I don't know of any PROOF that subQ is just as effective, but I like to use insulin as an analogy, laregely because IM vs subQ is a question of the compounds stability and bioavailability (meaning the more robust compunds can go IM but the more fragile ones subQ). If you use slin subQ, IGF should be no different. Again, I have no proof but I've done both routes with the same success. Perhaps more important would be the lack of proof of the superiority of site injections.

    FWIW, I dont know how you feel about Dave Polumbo and his expertise on the subject, but he advocates subQ IGF pins.

  7. Is there any alarming reason that anyone can think of that would prohibit me from wanting to try doing ONLY SubQ abdominal injections?

    The reason is simply because it is easier.

  8. Well played Rocky.. You make good points.

    If there is a chance I keep it from going systemic, then I will try with all my power... hence why I keep with the IM route.
  9. igf


    Quote Originally Posted by Goat
    Is there any alarming reason that anyone can think of that would prohibit me from wanting to try doing ONLY SubQ abdominal injections?

    The reason is simply because it is easier.
    It's the same. Although the site specific growth is something to consider with IM. (I'm not 100% convinced of this.)

    I don't see injecting with an insulin pin is any easier into fat than it is into muscle?! In fact IM seems to burn a lot less than SubQ...

  10. Quote Originally Posted by J-Will
    It's the same. Although the site specific growth is something to consider with IM. (I'm not 100% convinced of this.)

    I don't see injecting with an insulin pin is any easier into fat than it is into muscle?! In fact IM seems to burn a lot less than SubQ...
    true IM hurts less. thats why it cant be the right way . no pain no gain. jk but seriouisly subq is the way to go. hgh is shot that way and i guess insulin as well.
  11. Gh


    Quote Originally Posted by dynomite
    true IM hurts less. thats why it cant be the right way . no pain no gain. jk but seriouisly subq is the way to go. hgh is shot that way and i guess insulin as well.
    GH can be taken both ways, with GH though it is painless sub Q so there is no reason to go IM.
    Also GH can be taken IV...

  12. the more i read on this board about igf the more i realize that we dont know anything about it. even the self proclaimed gurus on the subject

  13. Quote Originally Posted by dynomite
    the more i read on this board about igf the more i realize that we dont know anything about it. even the self proclaimed gurus on the subject
    Welcome to the world of bodybuilding...there's about a million times more misinformation out there than well-advised info.

  14. true dat

  15. will you get more localized fat burning iq like you do with gh?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by longtom74
    will you get more localized fat burning iq like you do with gh?
    No...adipocytes do not possess IGF-1 receptors, and even if they did, IGF-1 is anabolic, not catabolic. IGF-1 exerts its "fat-burning" effects indirectly via increased nutrient absorption and utilization.

    And by iq i'm assuming you mean sub-cutaneous

  17. Thanks, and yeah I was tired when I wrote the reply

  18. Thats a great reply Rocky...I will have to steal that one day...heehee. I've tried explaining to the boys here in Minnesota about the differences of fatburning between gh and Igf and you have basically summed it up for me in my next bout....gracias...

  19. Quote Originally Posted by drumirvin
    Thats a great reply Rocky...I will have to steal that one day...heehee. I've tried explaining to the boys here in Minnesota about the differences of fatburning between gh and Igf and you have basically summed it up for me in my next bout....gracias...
    No problem.

  20. Hello...new to this forum. I have a couple of questions about Long R3 IGF-1.
    Back in 2004 this forum was joined by MR and every one seemed happy to get IGF from that location. Is MR still a good company?

    The mixture of HCL and BW is that the best or is there something better and easier to mix.

    And where can one get these supplies?

    And last....once I have IGF-1 how do I mix it in the vial/store it/
    and mix again prior to injection. I am using a non needle injection system which is phenomenal.

    Thank you for any help

  21. Don't double post.
  22. Please~~


    Quote Originally Posted by mywetnightmares View Post
    Don't double post.
    Jeezus Chrysler, let him post~~~ that's so nit-picky..
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. IGF Long r3 - Did I destroy my peptide?
    By sduerigen in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 08:07 PM
  2. IGF Long R3 Is it right for me?
    By chobbs4 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 01:02 AM
  3. long IGF-1 r3 injection?
    By sportsbro21 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 08:01 PM
  4. IGF Long R3 for growth
    By Matthews227 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-06-2006, 09:33 AM
  5. IGF-1 Sub q or IM?
    By Frank Reynolds in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-19-2005, 08:14 PM
Log in
Log in