Death To New Igf Cells

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
This report kind of bothers me --I found part of it in some studies that where done but there seems to be some "broteligence 'mixed in--If it proves to be true then that would suck--it means you cant use t3 while on IGF? '--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Problem with T3

For a long time we have known that thyroid hormones played a role in gene transcription during myoblast proliferation and differentiation. The regulation of gene expression by thyroid hormone (T3) involves binding of the hormone to nuclear receptors [thyroid hormone receptor (TR)] acting as T3-dependent transcription factors encoded by TRalpha (NR1A1) and TRbeta (NR1A2) genes. This in turn leads to the desired increase in the SERCA1 and SERCA2a mRNA proteins we all want because these cod for the Ca++ pumps on the muscle cell that cause use to burn extra calories through increased active Ca++ transport. However new research in spring 2006 revealed an regulatory mechanism that might not make you so happy. In this study, they identified another transcript, TRalpha-DeltaE6, produced by alternative splicing with microexon 6b instead of exon 6. This splicing leads to the synthesis of a protein devoid of a hinge domain. And what this new factor was found to be responsible for was that although TRalpha-DeltaE6 did not bind DNA, its expression induced a TRalpha1 sequestration in the cytoplasm. Functional studies demonstrated that TRalpha-DeltaE6 inhibits the transcriptional activity of TRalpha1 and retinoic X receptor-alpha, but not of retinoic acid receptor-alpha. We also found that TRalpha-DeltaE6 efficiently decreased the ability of TRalpha to inhibit MyoD transcriptional activity during myoblast proliferation. Consequently, when overexpressed (like when people take synthetic T3) in myoblasts, it stimulated terminal differentiation. This suggest that TRalpha-DeltaE6 may act as down regulator of overall T3 receptor activity, including its ability to repress MyoD transcriptional activity during myoblast proliferation.

OK what did I just say????
By taking T3 you basically up regulate a regulatory mechanism that regulates the effect of T3 not by effecting the adult muscle cells, but it actually kills off you muscle stem cells before they have a chance to join with the adult muscle cell. These are the same cells that MGF and IGF and anabolic steroids increase, and are the same cells that your body recruits for growth and repair.

In addition say you take MGF, and IGF, and anabolic steroids with your T3 to try and combat this effect. (btw I have no research to suggest these would significantly help the situation and people that say they lose less by using them may be an alternative mechanism etc. so you still might be losing the effect of recruitment of muscle stem cells)
T3 up regulates these SERCA1 proteins right. Here is a question that always bothered me, because these proteins have a long half life and t3 itself isn’t increasing your metabolism like a stimulant… you shouldn’t need to slowly come off it. It should be that the slow loss of the CA++ pumps would serve as a slow decline on its own. Here in lies the other problem. Your body responds to up regulated SERCA1 proteins with another group of hormones to catabolize them. Corticosteroids!!! Like the all famous cortisol.
This is done in part by the corticosteroids causing an increase in sarcolipin mRNA which decrease the activity of the SERCA1 pumps. So not only are you losing the energy burning pumps after you come off t3, you are decreasing the effectiveness and levels of the ones you naturally would have and your increasing corticosteroid levels. That makes for a hell of a rebound effects….

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
It depends what your goals are. I think if you are looking for fatloss then you will get it. You may not get much muscle growth but you will get your fatloss. IGF-1 has other good benefits on muscle other than stem cells.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
It depends what your goals are. I think if you are looking for fatloss then you will get it. You may not get much muscle growth but you will get your fatloss. IGF-1 has other good benefits on muscle other than stem cells.
I personaly would not waste IGF on fatloss [to much$]I think the key is to take the right amount --funny thing is right now[ time of year]or the IGF is turning me hypo--[underactive thyroid]I cant even get past 97*in the morning and thats not good either.The report states that OVEREXPRESSION of t3 is what might kill these underdevevoped muscle cells---also I know some that do very well with t3-IGF combo--especialy if a AAS is added

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I personaly would not waste IGF on fatloss [to much$]I think the key is to take the right amount --funny thing is right now[ time of year]or the IGF is turning me hypo--[underactive thyroid]I cant even get past 97*in the morning and thats not good either.The report states that OVEREXPRESSION of t3 is what might kill these underdevevoped muscle cells---also I know some that do very well with t3-IGF combo--especialy if a anabolic steroids is added
I agree about IGF-1 being too expensive for simple fatloss. I'm seeing it at a way to recomp, with the T3 to add the the fatloss side of the recomp.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
However new research in spring 2006 revealed an regulatory mechanism that might not make you so happy. In this study, they identified another transcript, TRalpha-DeltaE6, produced by alternative splicing with microexon 6b instead of exon 6. This splicing leads to the synthesis of a protein devoid of a hinge domain-----------------------------------------------------hey grunt isnt the IGF LR3 supposed to be resistant to binding protiens---so whay about this new protien--TRalpha-DeltaE6 ??

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I haven't a clue :)

Is that a binding protein or what?

More to the point, it doesn't matter wether or not LR3 is immune to that or not. It works.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
I haven't a clue :)

Is that a binding protein or what?

More to the point, it doesn't matter wether or not LR3 is immune to that or not. It works.
I know it works ,the point was if it works better using t3 or not---anybody????:blink:

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Likely it depends on dose. Let me mix in some anecdotal evidence and some intuition.

Many guys report that T3 is catabolic but only in higher doses and that in lower doses it seems slightly anabolic. This may very well be caused by this TRalpha-DeltaE6 increasing to where it actually does exert a very negative effect.

This suggest that TRalpha-DeltaE6 may act as down regulator of overall T3 receptor activity, including its ability to repress MyoD transcriptional activity during myoblast proliferation.
Is repression of MyoD transcriptional activity equivalent to myoblast death? I'm thinking it only means an inhibition of differentiation or fusion. But that's where I am not well read on.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
Likely it depends on dose. Let me mix in some anecdotal evidence and some intuition.

Many guys report that T3 is catabolic but only in higher doses and that in lower doses it seems slightly anabolic. This may very well be caused by this TRalpha-DeltaE6 increasing to where it actually does exert a very negative effect.

Is repression of MyoD transcriptional activity equivalent to myoblast death? I'm thinking it only means an inhibition of differentiation or fusion. But that's where I am not well read on.
hey bro ,thanks for the effort--I guess time will tell --I tried to send the guy who posted the study an email but he doesnt except PMs--this is all new stuff both the study and the LR3--I have a feeling that between the protection the LR3 has from binding protien and the idea that if your shooting IM [site specific growth compared to systemic]that it will still work

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
hey bro ,thanks for the effort--I guess time will tell --I tried to send the guy who posted the study an email but he doesnt except PMs--this is all new stuff both the study and the LR3--I have a feeling that between the protection the LR3 has from binding protien and the idea that if your shooting IM [site specific growth compared to systemic]that it will still work
Dude I don't get you.

First, it works, no debate.

Second, this has nothing to do with binding proteins.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Hey Grunt, didn' you used to have an avatar?

CROWLER

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
Dude I don't get you.

First, it works, no debate.

Second, this has nothing to do with binding proteins.
I must not be making myself clear ---Im trying to get some site specific muscle gains[IGF LR3]and get rid of some bodyfat t3---the study claims the two together might stop muscle gains ---Im trying to prove its not true --what dont you get?:study:

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I must not be making myself clear ---Im trying to get some site specific muscle gains[IGF LR3]and get rid of some bodyfat t3---the study claims the two together might stop muscle gains ---Im trying to prove its not true --what dont you get?:study:
OK now I get you. Well you won't prove it isn't true. Not yet anyways, because it certainly will be dose-dependent and no studies are done on combining both that I know of... Not yet anyways...

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Would be interesting to hear Lake or Dr,D on this one. This is right up their ally I believe.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
There are many other functions to IGF-1 than satellite cell fusion. Although it is an important part of IGF-1's results it isn't the only one.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
More in depth on the IGF synergy
T3 administration in vivo causes an increase of the amounts of Ca21
pumps (Ca2+-ATPase) and SR (sarcoplasimic reticulum), thereby increasing the rate of Ca2+ removal from the sarcoplasma as well as the capacity for Ca2+ storage. The muscle cell has natural calcium channels that Ca2+ can flow through according to the gradient requiring no energy expenditure. As a consequence of the increased Ca2+ release and re-uptake (Ca2+ cycling) the metabolic rate is stimulated in skeletal muscle by consuming more ATP to run the pumps, which contributes to the well known thermogenic effect of thyroid hormone. T3’s mechanism of action occurs at the nuclear level upregulating the transcription of the mRNA’s for these Ca@= ATPase’s. IGF-I assist in the maturation of the SR where these pumps are located on the cell. It has alsop been reported that through an insulin like mechanism the IGF actually increases the stability of the mRNA. A quote from research:
“The SERCAI mRNA (the discussed above) half-life was twice as long in IGF-I + T3-treated cultures
compared with T3-treated cultures, which is in reasonable agreement
with the 1.6-fold greater increase in the SERCAI mRNA
levels by IGF-I + T3 compared with T3. T3 or IGF-I alone did not
affect the SERCAI mRNA half-life, which indicates that both T3
and IGF-I are involved in the process leading to the T3 + IGF-I
induced increase in SERCA1 mRNA stability---------------------this was another part of the same post,now this makes it sound like t3 /igf work together

Boogaloowill

Awards
havent you read the report about the conversion of t4 being vital to the whole thing...t4 works better ..atleast for gh which igf is responsible for the majority of its effects.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
havent you read the report about the conversion of t4 being vital to the whole thing...t4 works better ..atleast for gh which igf is responsible for the majority of its effects.
well, couple of things about that 1]there are some people [like me] whos thyroid has trouble converting t4 to t3.T4 is recomended for GH use but not as important for IGF use as long as your using t3

Boogaloowill

Awards
so with gh then it is good and the conversion rate is still increased then

NattyNow

Awards
i ran t4 with igf and felt that it really put a damper on the gains. i have run the same igf before and after without the t4, and it worked great.

part of the whole t3 and t4 benifit comes into play when you are running a whole bucketload of gear. i think it is just to catabolic if you are not running gear or are running only a low dose. i did like 12.5mcg of the t-3 when i was dumb and into using alot of stuff.