novel idea for igf reconstitution and injection

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i think this is a novel idea. maybe someone thought of it before but whatever.

well i was thinking if you used the method that is recommended which is to draw up your igf and then draw up your BW. if you do it this way you might be wasting more igf that you think because there is always that last tiny little bit that doesnt get pushed out of the tube
would it be a better idea to do it in the way i have stated below

dose of igf into empty vial
bw into vial with igf to mix
then draw up the mixture out of vial
and inject

seems like it might work better. any thoughts?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Honestly people worry to much about that last drop. The amount that is left in the slin pin is so insignificant why bother. Especially if you mix it at 100mcg/mL

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
Is there a problem with using only the 1 ml of AA that comes from one of our companies. It's mixed at 1000 mcg/ml. One mark on a 100 IU pin is 20 mcgs.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Honestly people worry to much about that last drop. The amount that is left in the slin pin is so insignificant why bother. Especially if you mix it at 100mcg/mL
i have always seen that the liquid inside a small syringe like that does not mix hardly at all, thats why i thought it would be better to mix in a seperate vial.

let me ask this, would it hurt anything to mix in a seperate empty vial? the same seperate vial repeatedly?

also crunches question is good. why do we even mix with bw? to prevent stinging when injected?

Last edited:

2RIIPPED

Awards
I'm pretty sure thats the only reason you mix IGF with BA is to reduce stinging. I forgot to mix with BA on my first shot, and I had no stinging at all. But I'll mix with BA anyway.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I've never used the BW method.. only straight AA .. BW is for wussies. I'm calling out all you wussies. :D

Slin pins are designed with near zero-dead space. So any waste is absolutely, positively negligible.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've never used the BW method.. only straight AA .. BW is for wussies. I'm calling out all you wussies. :D

Slin pins are designed with near zero-dead space. So any waste is absolutely, positively negligible.
that is what i am sayin. it is like 1/500 of a ml a dose. cmon you wusses.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established

Perfect!!

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I disassembled a slin pin the other day to see for myself about the question of dead space. (It was the store brand from the largest national pharmacy chain.) There was NO dead space whatsoever. The flat rubber plunger ends up completely flush with the flat plastic base surrounding the needle, so there's nowhere for the liquid to hide (except in the needle itself, which is negligible).

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Is there a problem with using only the 1 ml of AA that comes from one of our companies. It's mixed at 1000 mcg/ml. One mark on a 100 IU pin is 20 mcgs.
That is all i do.