Insuline Pin Question

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Ok I have been put in a situation where I am now questioning my measurement with the needle. I am up to 6 IU of slin and using the slin pins. My question is the needles are marked in increments of 10 up to 100. Is 6 IU the 60 mark? and so forth.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Ok I have been put in a situation where I am now questioning my measurement with the needle. I am up to 6 IU of slin and using the slin pins. My question is the needles are marked in increments of 10 up to 100. Is 6 IU the 60 mark? and so forth.
hold up. you mean there are only 10 tick marks on the whole syringe? and it's 100iu's total? if that's the case, 6iu's isn't going to be accurate, because there's no mark for it. the 60th mark would be 60iu's. maybe i'm misreading. clarify before you kill yourself.

uits

Awards
The 10 mark is 10iu, do NOT fill it to 60. You could easily kill yourself. There should be small markings in between the 10/20/30/etc.. tick marks, if there aren't, don't use the syringe. Get a regular one.

tattoopierced1

i have a BD insulin pin right here and it has all the way up to 100, but isnt 100iu's. 60 would be 6iu's on the BD slin pin.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
well, once again I have proved that my body can take anything. I was doing 60 IU of slin lol. No freaken wonder I was sweaty and hungry. The needles are marked in measurments of 10. So the first mark on the pin of 10 is 10 IU not 1 IU. I knew there was something wrong after I took a couple of days. Guess the 1000 mg of test got absorbed.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i have a BD insulin pin right here and it has all the way up to 100, but isnt 100iu's. 60 would be 6iu's on the BD slin pin.
wrong. slin is measured in 100iu as it says so on the vial. each tick mark is 1iu. so 60 tick marks = 60iu's.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
That is what I mewany beez. either way I took way to much and lived to tell about it. But it wont happen again. Hell 10 will be a breeze now

eisenmench

eisenmench

Banned
Awards
That is what I mewany beez. either way I took way to much and lived to tell about it. But it wont happen again. Hell 10 will be a breeze now
WTF? Whew! I wonder how low your glucose level was. You dodged a bullet! I take 2-3iu before a main meal to keep my glucose below 110. Are you talking about the PWO shots? 10 is still a danger if you have low blood sugar. Dr J says taking self administered doses of insulin like I do is insane. He would freak out on you. Do you have a glucose meter? If so check fasting levels upon waking (70-105) and 1 hr after your PWO shake. Keep it over 70.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Jeebus.. Ripped you dodged a bullet for sure.

understand what the increments represent before you use something so critically dosed.

Slin pins are marked in IU's to take away the guesswork.. Why would the manufacturers add another step to calculate dosage? thankfully Lifepartner Beez stepped in on this one to at least clarify. I can't beleive you were using 60iu's.. that's effffffffffed. Thankfully you're ok though. :D

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
60units for a non diabetic...You must of ate your ass off or your insulin isn't any good. You can take a lot and not die but you have to eat like a ****in house.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
bullet

Ya I was sweating my ass off at work for sure. Ate 3 times as much as I would have. I ate a ton of chocolate rice cakes lol. All set now though things have been better. Thanks for the concern all.

Have actually seen some crazy gains in both strength and size already. I will admit that I was an idiot for doing 60 IU. I guess my body can absorb almost anything at this point. But in order for me to get to a National Level show next year I got to be alive. I figure I will easily be able to get up to 230-235 by next year. That will be a lean 235 also so I should be able to hold some good size for the show. Looking at JR USA or Team U. something around the June time frame.

I will post the pics in a couple of weeks to show my progress.

Current 1000 MG Test
450 EQ
2 IU GH
10 Slin

2nd cycle
1000 MG Sust 250
50 MG test every other day
2 IU GH
10 IU Slin

If I dont grow this way I will retire.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
thanks J man. Will post pics when I feel I have jumped up in weight a bit, different look from my middleweight win at the N.E.