Insuline Pin Question

1. Registered User
    Answers

Insuline Pin Question

Ok I have been put in a situation where I am now questioning my measurement with the needle. I am up to 6 IU of slin and using the slin pins. My question is the needles are marked in increments of 10 up to 100. Is 6 IU the 60 mark? and so forth.

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Answers

yep.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ripped1
    Ok I have been put in a situation where I am now questioning my measurement with the needle. I am up to 6 IU of slin and using the slin pins. My question is the needles are marked in increments of 10 up to 100. Is 6 IU the 60 mark? and so forth.
    hold up. you mean there are only 10 tick marks on the whole syringe? and it's 100iu's total? if that's the case, 6iu's isn't going to be accurate, because there's no mark for it. the 60th mark would be 60iu's. maybe i'm misreading. clarify before you kill yourself.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

The 10 mark is 10iu, do NOT fill it to 60. You could easily kill yourself. There should be small markings in between the 10/20/30/etc.. tick marks, if there aren't, don't use the syringe. Get a regular one.
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Answers

i have a BD insulin pin right here and it has all the way up to 100, but isnt 100iu's. 60 would be 6iu's on the BD slin pin.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  6. Registered User
    Answers

well, once again I have proved that my body can take anything. I was doing 60 IU of slin lol. No freaken wonder I was sweaty and hungry. The needles are marked in measurments of 10. So the first mark on the pin of 10 is 10 IU not 1 IU. I knew there was something wrong after I took a couple of days. Guess the 1000 mg of test got absorbed.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1
    i have a BD insulin pin right here and it has all the way up to 100, but isnt 100iu's. 60 would be 6iu's on the BD slin pin.
    wrong. slin is measured in 100iu as it says so on the vial. each tick mark is 1iu. so 60 tick marks = 60iu's.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

BD Diabetes - Syringe Capacity and Dose Scale -
    Here are the common BD insulin syringes and the pictures. The 100 is 1 full CC, 100iu of insulin.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

That is what I mewany beez. either way I took way to much and lived to tell about it. But it wont happen again. Hell 10 will be a breeze now
  10. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ripped1
    That is what I mewany beez. either way I took way to much and lived to tell about it. But it wont happen again. Hell 10 will be a breeze now
    WTF? Whew! I wonder how low your glucose level was. You dodged a bullet! I take 2-3iu before a main meal to keep my glucose below 110. Are you talking about the PWO shots? 10 is still a danger if you have low blood sugar. Dr J says taking self administered doses of insulin like I do is insane. He would freak out on you. Do you have a glucose meter? If so check fasting levels upon waking (70-105) and 1 hr after your PWO shake. Keep it over 70.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Answers

Jeebus.. Ripped you dodged a bullet for sure.

understand what the increments represent before you use something so critically dosed.

Slin pins are marked in IU's to take away the guesswork.. Why would the manufacturers add another step to calculate dosage? thankfully Lifepartner Beez stepped in on this one to at least clarify. I can't beleive you were using 60iu's.. that's effffffffffed. Thankfully you're ok though.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

60units for a non diabetic...You must of ate your ass off or your insulin isn't any good. You can take a lot and not die but you have to eat like a ****in house.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

bullet

Ya I was sweating my ass off at work for sure. Ate 3 times as much as I would have. I ate a ton of chocolate rice cakes lol. All set now though things have been better. Thanks for the concern all.

Have actually seen some crazy gains in both strength and size already. I will admit that I was an idiot for doing 60 IU. I guess my body can absorb almost anything at this point. But in order for me to get to a National Level show next year I got to be alive. I figure I will easily be able to get up to 230-235 by next year. That will be a lean 235 also so I should be able to hold some good size for the show. Looking at JR USA or Team U. something around the June time frame.

I will post the pics in a couple of weeks to show my progress.

Current 1000 MG Test
    450 EQ
    2 IU GH
    10 Slin

2nd cycle
    1000 MG Sust 250
    50 MG test every other day
    2 IU GH
    10 IU Slin

If I dont grow this way I will retire.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Good luck mate
  15. Registered User
    Answers

thanks J man. Will post pics when I feel I have jumped up in weight a bit, different look from my middleweight win at the N.E.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. insulin pin measurement question
    By DatDereCT in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-16-2013, 01:58 PM
  2. IGF reconstitution and 3/10 insulin pins?
    By stankydanky in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 09:42 PM
  3. Insulin timing Question
    By Jayhawkk in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-27-2005, 07:17 PM
  4. 100 IU insulin pin????
    By Reveremuscle in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-31-2005, 10:01 PM
  5. Pinning questions?????????