CJC-1295: ~8 day half life, GH and IGF-1 Stimulator

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
This is an extremely interesting peptide guys. Bioconjugation is absolutely amazing. Works better than PEGylation if it is a smaller peptide and can be conjugated, not all of them can and still function properly. The half-life of this stuff proves the technology though. In fact, this isn't me guessing on half life like with PEG-MGF, the study conducted said 5.8-8.1 days.

A new company will be offering it soon although I cannot release details for obvious reasons. There is no source posting on AM.

CJC-1295
(written by LakeMountD)

GHRH1-44, also known as Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone (other synonyms are GRF and GHRF), is a peptide that is produced in the hypothalamus and secreted to stimulate the release of human growth hormone (hGH). It consists of a 44 amino acid long sequence and is released in a pulsatile fashion similar to the pulsatile release of hGH. The active portion of this peptide can be found as a 29 amino acid long peptide and is appropriately named GHRH1-29. This pulsatile release of various peptides is due to the negative feedback loop that is part of the hGH axis and controls the amount of hGH that your body produces to keep it in a homeostatic environment. Despite the effectiveness of GHRH to stimulate growth hormone release there are a number of problems associated with using it in vivo. The most noteworthy problem is the half life of the peptide, which has been shown to be ~7 minutes using advanced HPLC technologies that have proven to be very accurate. The reason for this relatively short half life is due to an enzyme called dipeptidylaminopeptidase IV (DPP-IV), which has a high affinity for the amino acids Ala and Pro and in the case of GHRH it cleaves the 1 and 2 positions that consist of Tyr-Ala, creating GHRH3-29, an inactive form of the peptide. To prevent the problems associated with natural GHRH, pharmaceutical companies looked at new ways to increase the half life and bioavailability of these smaller peptides with technologies that work far different than other technologies, such as PEGylation.

This brings us to the introduction of a far more stable form of GHRH called CJC-1295. CJC-1295 is a tetrasubstituted peptide analogue of GHRH with D-Ala, Gln, Ala, and Leu substitutions at positions 2, 8, 15, and 27 respectively. These substitutions create a much more stable peptide with the substitution at position 2 to prevent DPP-IV cleavage, position 8 to reduce asparagine rearrangement or amide hydrolysis to aspartic acid, position 15 to enhance bioactivity, and position 27 to prevent methionine oxidation. These substitutions are key in increasing the overall half life of CJC-1295 but there lies an even greater reason as to why the half life has been extended from ~7 minutes to greater than 7 days! Bioconjugation is a relatively newer technology that takes a reactive group and attaches it to a peptide, which in turn reacts with a nucleophilic (usually a partially negative molecule) entity found in the blood to form a more stable bond. Albumin, one of the most abundant substances in the human body is chosen as the nucelophile by this particular peptide thanks to a Cys34 thiol group that attracts it. By combining the tetrasubstituted GHRH analogue with maleimodoproprionic acid using a Lys linker, you create a GHRH peptide with a high binding affinity for albumin. Once the CJC-1295 molecule has attached itself to albumin, it is given an extended half life and bioavailability thanks to the albumin preventing enzymatic degredation and kidney excretion. In fact, bioconjugation is so effective that there was less than 1% of CJC-1295 left unreacted in vivo and over 90% was stabilized after subcutaneous injection. This means that you get more of what you paid for working for you. There was no DPP-IV degredation observed on CJC-1295 in any of the various experiments conducted.

Due to the extremely long half life of CJC-1295 it is plausible to use this peptide once per week with outstanding results. Much like compounds such as testosterone enanthate, however, it would be wiser to use ½ dosages twice per week to keep serum levels high and to get maximal GH release and limit the pulsatile fashion of hGH. Various experiments have been conducted to test the effectiveness of CJC-1295 in vivo and the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism has reported dose-dependent increases in mean plasma GH concentrations by 2-10 fold for more than 6 days and increased IGF-1 concentrations 1.5-3 fold for 9-11 days after a single injection! Not only that but they proved the mean half life to be 5.8-8.1 days and after multiple doses showed mean IGF-1 levels remained above baseline for up to 28 days following! No serious adverse reactions were reported in any group. The graphs below show that this peptide has the ability to stimulate growth hormone very significantly and is much more cost effective than illegally buying hGH.

Another very positive benefit of CJC-1295 is its ability to promote slow wave sleep. Slow wave sleep is also known as deep sleep and is the portion of sleep responsible for the highest level of muscle growth and memory retention. SWS is decreased significantly in older adults and also with people who tend to exercise later in the evening. This peptide has a benefit to side effect ratio that exceeds all others currently being legally sold and would make a great addition to ones training regimen or post cycle therapy.

Last edited:
LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
how about some of that myostatin blocking pro-peptide ive been reading about in these beautiful muscular dystrophy studies.

i find myostatin blockers to be borderline sexually appealing. im sure people could use a reliable source...
You are referring to follistatin and the current price of 5200/mg would tell you it isn't worth it right now. Lets try to stay on topic.

F

FullyBuilt

Awards
  • Established
Well if your looking for a test monkey I usually take EVERYTHING all the time so im down.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Yes I am still working for IBE, but they are pushing their IBE line and are getting out of the peptide industry, so I created Pro Peptide.
Please tell me that the 'tropins aren't going away!!!! But Congrats on your new endeavors! I'm salivating for the new peps!!!

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Please tell me that the 'tropins aren't going away!!!! But Congrats on your new endeavors! I'm salivating for the new peps!!!
The tropins are part of IBE's line not Innovative Research, don't you worry, they will still be there :D

T

TheGame46

Awards
There has been some issues during the CJC clinical trails resulting in what appears to be a temporary hault in the trail. It seems very likely that the trail will be resumed but Innovative Research has decided to hold off on distributing this product for the time being.

Here is the news direct from the pharmaceutical company’s (ConjuChem) press release after the incident

Lipodystrophy study halted after patient death

A Phase II study of a lipodystrophy treatment developed by Canadian
biotech company, ConjuChem, has been halted after the death of a study
participant. The cause of death and its relationship to the study drug -
CJC-1295, a chemically modified version of growth hormone releasing
factor (GRF) also known as DAC:GRF - is currently being investigated.
However, a Phase III study of another Canadian-developed GRF-based
lipodystrophy treatment, Theratechnologies' TH-9507, is continuing.

The multicentre, randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind Phase II
study of CJC-1295 had only completed enrolling a total of 192
participants with HIV-related visceral obesity at various sites in North
and South America last month. Participants were randomised to receive
once-weekly injections of either a three-week escalating low dose of
CJC-1295 (at 60, 90, 120mcg/kg); a three-week escalating high dose (at
60, 120, 240mcg/kg); or a placebo, and then continue for a further nine
weeks.

The only information released so far by ConjuChem, which stopped the
study on July 17th, is that the participant who died was attending a
study site in Argentina. An unconfirmed, anecdotal report from a trial
participant at a Canadian study site, suggests that the individual
concerned was a man who died a few hours after receiving his eleventh
CJC-1295 injection.

Here is the results of the investigation regarding the death of the man participating in the trail.

ConjuChem provides findings of DAC(TM):GRF HIV Lipodystrophy trial investigation
ConjuChem Biotechnologies Inc. provided findings of its investigation into the death of a patient that occurred in its Phase II clinical trial of DAC(TM):GRF in HIV Lipodystrophy.

MONTREAL, Canada | Aug 08, 2006 | ConjuChem Biotechnologies Inc. (TSX:CJB) provided findings of its investigation into the death of a patient that occurred in its Phase II clinical trial of DAC(TM):GRF in HIV Lipodystrophy. The Company had previously reported on July 14 that a death occurred of a patient in the trial at a clinical site in Argentina. The trial was an international multi-center, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study which had completed enrollment with 192 patients.

Patients were to be administered once-weekly dosing of DAC(TM):GRF for 12 weeks followed by a 6-week follow-up. The deceased patient received the 11th weekly dose on July 13 and approximately two hours later, the patient complained of chest discomfort and an ECG confirmed an acute myocardial infarction; death occurred approximately one hour later.

There is no evidence of any cardiotoxic effects of DAC(TM):GRF in previous preclinical or clinical studies. The attending physician stated that his most likely explanation for the event was the patient had asymptomatic coronary artery disease with plaque rupture and occlusion.

ConjuChem indicated it has terminated the Phase II study and is further evaluating the clinical development strategy of DAC(TM): GRF.

As you can see, it appears that the CJC-1295 peptide had nothing to do with death of the man in the trial. He was an obese AIDs patient as all the other participants. The autopsy showed positive ECG results for the heart attack and further investigation confirmed large amounts of plaque in the arteries as said above leading to the eventual heart attack. It happens everyday unfortunately, especially in the overweight population.

The CJC peptide and the GRF from which it is derived have shown no potential risk factors, and no cardio toxic effects. In fact a competing company was doing a similar study and has continued it trail right through the incident. That alone should show the confidence that this was a totally random, isolated and unrelated incident from the clinical trail of the CJC-1295 peptide. It is still however the wishes of Innovative Research to hold off on releasing the product at least for a short period of time.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He was an obese AIDs patient as all the other participants.
That right there makes it hard to diagnose when you're doing drug trials on the already health compromised types.

T

TheGame46

Awards
That right there makes it hard to diagnose when you're doing drug trials on the already health compromised types.
You have to take that up with ConjuChem, but my guess is they were looking for an overal low risk improvemtn in quality of life for these types of patients. Unfortunantly the pharmeceutical industry isn't geared towards researching on bodybuilders... We just don't pay as well I guess.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I have been talking about that peptide and its ancestors for the last 8 years.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
and? :box:
Playing smartass?

No, it's just weird when a colleague of mine puts out a post that makes it look like he came up with the idea and all that. I personally konw the guy who discovered GRF 1-44 and started this whole analogue thing in the first place. I use to own stock in his company and was heavily implicated in the promotion of this R&D outfit.

And because I am probably the most familiar by far with this molecule and its development history, I find it a little surprising when a colleage starts posting about it.

But go ahead LMD you're doing a good job.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The tropins are part of IBE's line not Innovative Research, don't you worry, they will still be there :D
is innovative research and ibe somehow affiliated? did innovative research splinter off from ibe or something? sorry bout the dumb question feels strange being back here after a year or so.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
strange in a good way lol. i was here when there would be like 30-40 people on at a time during peek hours. ok ill shut up. peace

R

ryano

Awards
  • Established
Playing smartass?

No, it's just weird when a colleague of mine puts out a post that makes it look like he came up with the idea and all that. I personally konw the guy who discovered GRF 1-44 and started this whole analogue thing in the first place. I use to own stock in his company and was heavily implicated in the promotion of this R&D outfit.

And because I am probably the most familiar by far with this molecule and its development history, I find it a little surprising when a colleage starts posting about it.

But go ahead LMD you're doing a good job.
oh snap!

:saw:

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
You have to take that up with ConjuChem, but my guess is they were looking for an overal low risk improvemtn in quality of life for these types of patients. Unfortunantly the pharmeceutical industry isn't geared towards researching on bodybuilders... We just don't pay as well I guess.
Tell that to Stryder and USP as I watch my available balance go steadily down.

B

BMW

Awards
  • Established
is innovative research and ibe somehow affiliated? did innovative research splinter off from ibe or something? sorry bout the dumb question feels strange being back here after a year or so.
theyre one in the same

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
I have a question.

what would be more effective, a peptide that makes the body release GH and IGF or injecting straight HGH and IGF peptides?

difference? totally different? ...way off base possibly?

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
so has anyone ran this yet? i for one would love to hear some more info on it...

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
ask the same question on ibe's forum... looks real good so far

C

chasinSKURT

Awards
Nice!!!

What's up everyone, my first post, been lurking for a while. I've been really interested in cjc-1295 as well. Found this for those interested...

Prolonged Stimulation of Growth Hormone and IGF-1 Secretion by CJC-1295, a Long-acting Analogue of Growth Hormone-Releasing Hormone, in Healthy Adults

Sam L. Teichman, Ann Neale, Betty Lawrence, Catherine Gagnon, Jean-Paul Castaigne, and Lawrence A. Frohman*
WinPharm Associates, San Ramon CA.; ConjuChem, Inc., Montréal, Québéc, Canada; Section of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago IL

* To whom correspondence should be addressed. E-mail: [email protected].

Context: Therapeutic use of growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) to enhance GH secretion is limited by its short duration of action.

Objective: To examine the pharmacokinetic profile, pharmacodynamic effects, and safety of CJC-1295, a long-acting GHRH analog.

Design: Two randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, ascending dose trials with durations of 28 and 49 days.

Setting: Two investigational sites.

Participants: Healthy subjects, ages 21 to 61 yr.

Interventions: sc administration of CJC-1295 or placebo in one of 4 ascending single doses in the first study and in 2 - 3 weekly or biweekly doses in the second study.

Main Outcome Measures: Peak concentrations and area under the curve (AUC) of GH and IGF-1; standard pharmacokinetic parameters for CJC-1295.

Results: After a single injection of CJC-1295, there were dose-dependent increases in mean plasma GH concentrations by 2-10 fold for 6 days and in mean plasma IGF-1 concentrations by 1.5- to 3-fold for 9 - 11 days. The estimated half-life of CJC-1295 was 5.8 - 8.1 days. After multiple CJC-1295 doses, mean IGF-1 levels remained above baseline for up to 28 days. No serious adverse reactions were reported.

Conclusions: sc administration of CJC-1295 resulted in sustained, dose-dependent increases in GH and IGF-1 levels in healthy adults and was safe and relatively well-tolerated, particularly at doses of 30 µg/kg or 60 µg/kg. There was evidence of a cumulative effect after multiple doses. These data support the potential utility of CJC-1295 as a therapeutic agent.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is this sub q or IM?

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
Seriously...have you not seen datbtrue's thread in this forum? It'll answer all of your questions regarding growth hormone secretagogues.

B

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
Why would that even remotely matter?
Because DJ is afraid of pinning IM. He constantly poses this concern first and foremost in every imaginable peptide thread.
Many have tried to help him overcome his misconception about IM, but his phobia drives his search for anything sub-q.

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
Because DJ is afraid of pinning IM. He constantly poses this concern first and foremost in every imaginable peptide thread.
Many have tried to help him overcome his misconception about IM, but his phobia drives his search for anything sub-q.
I saw his pictures when he posted about his MT-II use.

He needs to learn how to lift weights & eat properly instead of poking a tack sized pin into his fat and injecting "unrealistic dreams". Just my opinion of course.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
I saw his pictures when he posted about his MT-II use.

He needs to learn how to lift weights & eat properly instead of poking a tack sized pin into his fat and injecting "unrealistic dreams". Just my opinion of course.
LOL, you have a link to the photo posts? Now I'm curious! :dance:

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
If you search for threads started by him it's a yellow nuphoria log...

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
If you search for threads started by him it's a yellow nuphoria log...
Ha, found it, thanks. It's always great to see photos of people after you've generated a theoretical image of them in your head. I'm ALWAYS surprised! Here I was thinking it was some heavier black guy, with a Flavor Flav look! LOL!!

I have a hard time generating an image of Dat though....I just can't put the intelligence, muscle, science, etc. into a logical image.......there are too many conflicting generalizations/predjudices (smart=nerd look, muscle=suave look, sophisticated=slicked back black hair and small French mustache, etc) that just jack me up! :)

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
Ha, found it, thanks. It's always great to see photos of people after you've generated a theoretical image of them in your head. I'm ALWAYS surprised! Here I was thinking it was some heavier black guy, with a Flavor Flav look! LOL!!

I have a hard time generating an image of Dat though....I just can't put the intelligence, muscle, science, etc. into a logical image.......there are too many conflicting generalizations/predjudices (smart=nerd look, muscle=suave look, sophisticated=slicked back black hair and small French mustache, etc) that just jack me up! :)
the french moustache comment got me imagining him to be a muscular version of the guy off mythbusters.

R

Ralph Wiggum

Awards
Can Anyone Help me ?

I an in the process of ordering CJC-1295 & GHRP-6, I have found how much GHRP-6 to take but I can't find how much CJC-1295 to take....they always give different numbers & suggestions.

I weigh 290lbs

Can anyone help me with this ?

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Can Anyone Help me ?

I an in the process of ordering CJC-1295 & GHRP-6, I have found how much GHRP-6 to take but I can't find how much CJC-1295 to take....they always give different numbers & suggestions.

I weigh 290lbs

Can anyone help me with this ?
This has been discussed a lot on this forum. Both anti-aging dosing and BBing dosing. Make sure you read Dat's thread on CJC/GHRP.

What are your goals with CJC/GHRP?

R

Ralph Wiggum

Awards
Oh, Sorry I never made that Clear....Bodybuilding

Goals are to gain some size,strength,etc

I am taking it with Apex test 350,Anadrol,Decca,
I also have 4-5 months supply of HGH...can I use that with all of this or will it defeat the CJC-1295 & GHRP-6 purpose ?

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Oh, Sorry I never made that Clear....Bodybuilding

Goals are to gain some size,strength,etc

I am taking it with Apex test 350,Anadrol,Decca,
I also have 4-5 months supply of HGH...can I use that with all of this or will it defeat the CJC-1295 & GHRP-6 purpose ?
Ralph, here is my log if you haven't noticed. You might find guidance here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/igf-1-gh/105472-papapump-s-cjc.html

I'm using a dosing scheme that would allow for mass gains IF I used AAS (which I have not yet). So, basically it's an overkill anti-aging protocol.

S

stantheman

Awards
Hi, Wouldnt cjc-1295 have a negatve /low hGH effect on the body after discontinued use ??? Much like elevated test causing a negative feedback .. Is this a problem with older athletes? Is the faster acting short life ghrp-6 better /safer if used only on training days? What im asking is could cjc used for a month or 12 weeks with AAS or on its own suppress Natural hGH for a prolonged period of time for many weeks after use?? iM A 40 YEAR old body builder training since age 13..

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Seriously...have you not seen datbtrue's thread in this forum? It'll answer all of your questions regarding growth hormone secretagogues.
No; seriously, I have not (lol- I know I'm quoting an older post) but I see this 100 times and every freaking time I use the links it comes up missing!!!

4johnybravo

Awards
hi all folks...I'm a new member here..
I'd like use a gHRPs cycle...I'm undecided..I don't know if it's better a GHRP6 alone...or better a sermorelin/GHRP6 together cycle.
100 mcg sermorelin together in same siringue at 200/300 mcg GHRP6, 2 time for day for 5 days on,2off .....or better only GHRP6...
my fear is about the sermorelin use can damage the hypothalamus and maybe it can cause a GHRH deficiency,no?
sermorelin is an hormone very close to own GHRH,no? there's this risk...I wouldn't damage my own GHRH secretion...
can GHRP6 alone 'jump-start' my hGH own without sermorelin ?
I know that one is a hGH stimolator and other is a hGH amplificator,and maybe they must be used together ,but I am fear about a GHRH deficiency.
Anyone knows nothing about?
I should restore my own hGH after some hGH cycles...can GHRP6 (or GHRP2)alone or it's better together sermorelin?
u can just take ghrp6 alone 100mcg's saturation dose 3 x per day

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
ok. make sure you drop the name at some point, ey?

A

Azazello

Awards
I just began learning about these peptides; they seem quite interesting. I need to ask you guys if you think that they would be safe for use for a 19 year old. I would mainly not be using them for weightlifting purposes (although they would certainly help my lifting), but more for general health/energy/well being, and possibly even a growth in height.
As far as I can tell, they are not STEROIDAL in nature (i.e., not actual hormones), so they can't cause your body's glands to underproduce hormones once you have stopped their exogenous use. On the contrary, if people use them for PCT, to JUMP START growth hormone production, they definitely don't seem bad.
Of course, I don't want to mess up my endocrine, and this is just the way I understand it. Any of you more experienced users of peptides care to give an opinion? Any other younger lifters tried these? If so, how did you react to them? Is everything still "as it should be" when you stop using them? (like normal production of hormones, no estrogen sides, etc.)

R

robniv

Awards
Peptides vs HGH

CJC 1295 can be taken daily .1mcg per kg or using the DAC version you can take twice a week. Study has been done using up to 5mg a week with no loss of GH pulse (see australianpeptides and look at the CJC Study under information). Stacked with Ipamorelin (newer and more selective than GHRP-6) at .1mcg/kg before bed and twice more during the day if you are wanting to increase, then you have a great base, not to mention growth and healing. Add testosterone to that mix with your diet and lifting and you are on the path..:) Because you are using the natural body mechanisms and it is self limiting to some extent, it is very unlikely that you can mess your system up with sensible use of peptides. There have been many studies done with great results. Hope that helps.