You don't have to work on IGF to be succesful

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodbye

Banned
Awards
I dont understand why everybody is saying that you need to work out to enjoy the benifits of IGF or hgh. the hormones increase muscle mass by increasing the amount. lifting weights increases the size of a muscle by causing hypertrohy. in theory, i could cycle some hgh or igf while being a couch potatoe then a year after my cycle ends begin working out and still reap the benifits.

by taking igf you are actually changing your body permanantly? is this theoretically true?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
There's an important aspect that working out brings and that is damaged muscle cells with exposed IGF receptors to recieve the supplemental IGF. Without that, you may be just increasing the size of your organs moreso than your muscles.

Or grow one heck of a tumor. lol

goodbye

Banned
Awards
thanks for the reply. if this is true then would taking igf when you first begin working out be more benificila to making hyperlapsia(sp) occur. it seems like it would. like after a 1 month break or something?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
If by first working out, you mean when you initially start lifting (16-17 for me) - then no, I don't think IGF would be beneficial.

Gains come quickly and easily when you first start lifting.

And - who wants to take a year off of lifting???
I can barely do a week off...

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i read a study that was conducted on rats using ig-1 and you are partially correct. there were two groups of rats, one that was made to exercise and one that was not. the group that was made to exercise while on igf-1 had gains in muscle mass 3 times the amount as the group of rats that wasnt made to exercise on igf-1. that is significant. id also like to point out that the dosages used in the rats were probably way up there, as is usually the case.

igf-1 works by increasing protein synthesis, amino acid uptake, proliferating satellite cells (with the help of mechano growth factor), and finally by differentiating those satellite cells into myoblasts which is where you get your new muscle. if you were to spend $100 or more on igf-1 why on earth would you not work out? if you are planning on sitting on your ass and eating potatoe chips while on igf-1 you probably

a) wont see a thing
b) shouldnt be on igf-1

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
i read a study that was conducted on rats using ig-1 and you are partially correct. there were two groups of rats, one that was made to exercise and one that was not. the group that was made to exercise while on igf-1 had gains in muscle mass 3 times the amount as the group of rats that wasnt made to exercise on igf-1. that is significant. id also like to point out that the dosages used in the rats were probably way up there, as is usually the case.

igf-1 works by increasing protein synthesis, amino acid uptake, proliferating satellite cells (with the help of mechano growth factor), and finally by differentiating those satellite cells into myoblasts which is where you get your new muscle. if you were to spend $100 or more on igf-1 why on earth would you not work out? if you are planning on sitting on your ass and eating potatoe chips while on igf-1 you probably

a) wont see a thing
b) shouldnt be on igf-1
Nicely put, I play rugby should i a) dose before my workouts or b) dose before workouts AND rugby. At this point i am not going to dose pre rugby and one care to help?

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
The more dosages you take per day, and the amount you dose, the faster downregulation occurs. The way your doing it, the IGF will probably only be effective for maybe 3 weeks or so.

Lake has posted alot of new info and EOD and E3D administration.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
The more dosages you take per day, and the amount you dose, the faster downregulation occurs. The way your doing it, the IGF will probably only be effective for maybe 3 weeks or so.

Lake has posted alot of new info and EOD and E3D administration.
i remember now, your right ill check those out thanks.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Yes, pinning only immediately postworkout is a very good protocol.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately rats and people are two totally different things. You can't compare them saying "this group gained muscle without working out, therefore it will be like that with everthing". First off the dosages given to these rats is often rediculous considering the size of the rat. Secondly, rats have very low overall muscle mass compared to humans, their structures are much different from that of ours.

Although you may gains a little extra muscle mass from using exogenous hGH for a long period of time, the gains you would get from it would not be worth the well over $1000 tag that would come along with it. To invoke growth you must first invoke a response, which is done by causing muscle damage, a.k.a. resistance training. If you study the entire IGF-1 axis, or read some of the posts I have posted in here before, you realize you can't just look at a substance such as IGF-1. You must look, instead, at the entire system. MGF is upregulated during resistance exercise and the concnetration of it in a non-exercised human is VERY VERY low, not enough to cause the proliferation needed for IGF-1 to do its job of differentiation (hyperplasia/hypertrophy). Therefore, you need to cause the muscle damage to upregulate the MGF, then use the LR3 IGF-1 to give the new myoblasts an identity persay and therefore cause growth. As most of you know by previous posts, MGF is greatly downregulated after a couple of days in the trained muscle and IGF-1 is upregulated due to the fact that high levels of MGF in a damaged muscle in the presence of a high level of IGF-1 will actually inhibit differentiation.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Ubi looks like a rat and acts like a person. (He's one hairy mofo!)
We should send him to Goldspinks to be experimented on.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay LMD, don't make me go milli vanilli on your ass...That's where I pretend to kick your ass but get somebody more talented to do it for me.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I dont understand why everybody is saying that you need to work out to enjoy the benifits of IGF or hgh. the hormones increase muscle mass by increasing the amount. lifting weights increases the size of a muscle by causing hypertrohy. in theory, i could cycle some hgh or igf while being a couch potatoe then a year after my cycle ends begin working out and still reap the benifits.

by taking igf you are actually changing your body permanantly? is this theoretically true?
SO you have a degree in Chemistry, and you are asking this question? So a person could be a coach potato, and still reap the benefits of bigger muscles? Did you read the post before you started this thread, or you figured since you had no one or nothing to do you would get on AM and insult our minds by this thread? I hope you stay goodbye, because your brain as well as credibility to me said goodbye by your posts.
:FUfinger:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So a person could be a coach potato, and still reap the benefits of bigger muscles?
Coaching potatos is just a way to give back to the community. More people should volunteer there time to vegetables and such :lol:

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would eat goodbye.

Yes do take the IGF-1 and make sure you eat eat and eat. The more fat and tender new cells you create the better. Not to mention I'm sure I could make a great bratwurst out of your copious intestinal growth.

delicious Humans. Yum.

:gore:

Status
Not open for further replies.