MGF??? To damn complicated

  1. New Member
    FullyBuilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    290
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    55.74%

    MGF??? To damn complicated


    Whats the average dose and length for MGF. Im gonna throw some in with my next aas cycle which will inclued HGH. Im gonna run IGF-1 the first and last month of my 16week cycle(im no hrt so no need for pct) Anyway, from what i've been reading, it seems the average MGF dose is about 1000mcg per week. This only allows 2weeks with one vial, so do you guys run this the entire cycle, or do you cycle it, or what would be my best approach to throw it in? Add it when im on the IGF and HGH? Use it when im off the IGF and only on HGH? Not sure what to do? Thanks

  2. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2555
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    92.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    There are a CRAPLOAD of topics on this in here including stickies at the top.
  3. New Member
    FullyBuilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    290
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    55.74%

    Im just not sure how to incorperate it since im gonna be using HGH and IGF-1.On my next aas cycle im gonna run 6iu's GH throughout the whole cycle in either a 6day on/1off protocol or 10iu's EOD. Im also gonna run IGF-1lr3 at 40mcg ED the first and last month of my 12-16week cycle. If I try MGF, how would you throw that in the mix? How much would I need? Thanks
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    jomi822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,419
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    52.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by FullyBuilt
    Im just not sure how to incorperate it since im gonna be using HGH and IGF-1.On my next anabolic steroids cycle im gonna run 6iu's GH throughout the whole cycle in either a 6day on/1off protocol or 10iu's EOD. Im also gonna run IGF-1lr3 at 40mcg ED the first and last month of my 12-16week cycle. If I try MGF, how would you throw that in the mix? How much would I need? Thanks
    my .02 would be that perhaps MGF isnt needed due to the fact that you will be incorporating IGF-1 and HGH into your cycle. MGF will help you heal faster because of the proliferation of satellite cells to your damaged (or undamaged) muscle, but it will also retard the abilites of igf-1 and HGH to cause hyperplasia (new muscle) which is much more desirable.

    if you insist on using it then i would say use the MGF 2 weeks prior to your use of HGH and igf-1. the satellite cells that have proliferated can then be differentiated by the HGH and igf-1 into myoblasts and myotubes, which is what you really want. this is the currently accepted idea of how to use MGF, as a primer for igf-1 and HGH use.

    remember that MGF is site specific, you will only see results in the area you inject your test subject.
  5. New Member
    FullyBuilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    290
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    55.74%

    Quote Originally Posted by jomi822
    my .02 would be that perhaps MGF isnt needed due to the fact that you will be incorporating IGF-1 and HGH into your cycle. MGF will help you heal faster because of the proliferation of satellite cells to your damaged (or undamaged) muscle, but it will also retard the abilites of igf-1 and HGH to cause hyperplasia (new muscle) which is much more desirable.

    if you insist on using it then i would say use the MGF 2 weeks prior to your use of HGH and igf-1. the satellite cells that have proliferated can then be differentiated by the HGH and igf-1 into myoblasts and myotubes, which is what you really want. this is the currently accepted idea of how to use MGF, as a primer for igf-1 and HGH use.

    remember that MGF is site specific, you will only see results in the area you inject your test subject.

    Wow, so MGF could actually cause less gains? Im gonna be on HGH the whole time, but IGF will only be used the first and last month of my 16w/k cycle, so maybe I should use the mgf when im not on the IGF and just on GH??
  6. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2555
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    92.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by FullyBuilt
    Wow, so MGF could actually cause less gains? Im gonna be on HGH the whole time, but IGF will only be used the first and last month of my 16w/k cycle, so maybe I should use the mgf when im not on the IGF and just on GH??
    It "can" inhibit gains (which I have posted in various stickies etc.) if used in the worked muscle (it is paracrine/autocarine or "localized in the muscle injected into) too long after it has been worked that week. Its goal is to proliferate myoblasts and the role of IGF-1 is to differentiate those myoblasts or basically give them an identity since a myoblast is a satellite cell that has an identity crisis so to speak. MGF has been seen to inhibit differentiation in muscle.
  7. New Member
    FullyBuilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    290
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    55.74%

    So even though im gonna be on HGH the whole time, should I use the below protocol you wrote when I add my IGF to the mix the first and last month of my cycle. I'll just be using the mgf on my bi's/tri's: Also is this just for one week, or should this be done for months?

    MGF + LR3 IGF-1 Dosage Scheme (following intense loading of lagging muscle group)

    Day 1
    Pre Workout (~1.5 hours)- 75-200mcg total MGF (half dosage in each side)
    Post Workout- 50-100mcg x 2 MGF (left and right sides of lagging muscle) following workout

    Day 2
    Morning- 20mcg LR3 IGF-1
    50-100mcg x 2 in lagging muscle group MGF
    Afternoon-50-100mcg x 2 in lagging muscle group MGF
    Late afternoon (at least 10 hours after first injection optimally)- 20mcg LR3 IGF-1

    Day 3
    Morning- 10-20mcg LR3 IGF-1
    Late Afternoon- 10-20mcg LR3 IGF-1

    Day 4
    Morning- 10-20mcg LR3 IGF-1
    Late Afternoon- 10-20mcg LR3 IGF-1

    Day 5
    Morning- 10-20mcg LR3 IGF-1
    Late Afternoon- 10-20mcg LR3 IGF-1

    Day 6+7 (optional)
    Morning- 10-20mcg LR3 IGF-1
    Late Afternoon- 10-20mcg LR3 IGF-1
  8. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2555
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    92.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Yes you can give it a shot. Although if you are going for long term use of LR3 IGF-1 then I would do more of a 3x per week injection. I posted some text from an endocrinology book on receptor downregulation and the 3x per week plan will definitely allow for a longer administration time (prolly around 6 weeks as opposed to 3 1/2 to 4). I will make changes to that soon, I just have forgotten to update it.
  9. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2555
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    92.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I posted this a while back but you probably won't need MGF because of this, I believe LR3 IGF-1 would be much more important to add. Pegylated MGF would be an ineteresting thing to look at when it comes out but until then just go with the IGF-1.


    Muscle mechano growth factor is preferentially induced by growth hormone (GH) in GH deficient lit/lit mice
    Keiji Iida1, Emina Itoh1, Dong-Sun Kim1, Juan P del Rincon1, Karen T Coschigano2, John J Kopchick2, and Michael O Thorner1*

    1 University of Virginia
    2 Ohio University

    * To whom correspondence should be addressed. E-mail: mot@virginia.edu.

    Two muscle insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) mRNA splice variants (IGF-IEa and IGF-IEb) have been identified in rodents. IGF-IEb, also called mechano growth factor (MGF) has been found to be up-regulated by exercise or muscle damage. Growth hormone (GH) is the principal regulator of IGF-I expression in several tissues including the skeletal muscle. Therefore, we investigated the effect of chronic GH excess or disruption of GH receptor (GHR) signaling, and acute effect of GH administration on expression of muscle IGF-I isoforms using bovine GH transgenic (bGH), GHR gene disrupted (GHR-/-) mice and GH deficient lit/lit mice before and after exogenous GH administration. MGF mRNA in skeletal muscle was increased in bGH mice whereas it was decreased in GHR-/- mice compared with control animals. Exogenous GH administration to dwarf lit/lit mice significantly increased muscle MGF but not IGF-IEa mRNA 4 h after treatment. Twelve hours after GH treatment, both MGF and IGF-IEa mRNAs in muscle were increased compared with vehicle-treated lit/lit mice. In contrast in GH sufficient lit/+ mice, both MGF and IGF-IEa mRNAs were increased 4 h after and returned to the basal level 12 h after GH treatment. Hepatic IGF-I isoforms were regulated in parallel by GH. Thus, our results demonstrated that: 1. MGF mRNA expression in skeletal muscle is paralleled with GH action; 2. MGF mRNA in muscle was produced preferentially in the situation of GH deficiency in contrast to that pattern in the GH sufficient state; 3. the induction of IGF-I isoforms by GH was tissue-specific.
  10. ***** Vampire
    goldylight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    840
    Rep Power
    561
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    71.22%

    Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD
    Yes you can give it a shot. Although if you are going for long term use of LR3 IGF-1 then I would do more of a 3x per week injection. I posted some text from an endocrinology book on receptor downregulation and the 3x per week plan will definitely allow for a longer administration time (prolly around 6 weeks as opposed to 3 1/2 to 4). I will make changes to that soon, I just have forgotten to update it.
    so what is the recovery time with this protocol? sny idea?
  11. New Member
    FullyBuilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    290
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    55.74%

    What about the new peglayted MGF. Can this inhibit gains when on IGF/GH???
  12. Registered User
    CHAPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,380
    Rep Power
    2868
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    54.86%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I'd wait till the Pegylated MGF comes in and use that at 300mcg twice a week with igf-1. That's what one of the guys from IBE thegame46 i believe said would be the best way to use it. Dosing is still pretty much up in the air though. But ya wait for the pegylated version it will last days not minutes in your system.
  13. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2555
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    92.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CHAPS
    I'd wait till the Pegylated MGF comes in and use that at 300mcg twice a week with igf-1. That's what one of the guys from IBE thegame46 i believe said would be the best way to use it. Dosing is still pretty much up in the air though. But ya wait for the pegylated version it will last days not minutes in your system.
    No, do not start out with 300mcg 2x per week. That is a little high considering we don't yet know if it goes systemic. I will have mine on Monday and will let you know what I find out.

    I don't like to speculate on dosing protocols before we try them. I will be attempting 200-300mcg once and test out how it feels for that first week. He shouldn't be speculating on dosages until we try it. We just got PEG-MGF in on like last wednesday.
  14. New Member
    NeedleDick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    183
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    56.74%

    LakeMountD, how's it going so far and what dosage did you decide to go with?
  15. New Member
    rodge nl.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    126
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    32.13%

    subscribed.

    -rodge
  16. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2555
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    92.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I am varying the dosages. Did 250mcg each side of biceps and let that ride for a week then just did 150mcg each side of chest and letting that ride.

    Only doing one muscle group per week just in case it goes systemic I won't inhibit differentiation. It is going to take a little while to figure it all out. The molecule is for sure a solid molecule though, same one Goldspink used in his studies.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-10-2006, 02:18 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 08:18 AM
  3. Few more things about MGF/IGF-1 to ponder
    By LakeMountD in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 08:54 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-04-2005, 02:05 AM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-21-2003, 11:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in