Storage Information for MGF

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
-------A lot of people have asked me about storage information for MGF, including GoldyLight who won't empty his PM's so I can PM him back lol. This information is straight from a company who synthesizes these compounds.

Storage: Before using, store the peptide in the DRY form at 0 - 5 °C. For best and repeatable results, rehydrate the peptide immediately before using. Do not re-freeze any unused portions.

-------I got these responses from Pheonix Peptide just so you guys know. Seems they want you to use it all at once and if not the peptide will only last 1-2 weeks.

"Generally after reconstitution, we recommend storing it at -70*C. Were your results from thawing the peptide just once? We strongly do not recommend repeating freeze-thaw, that will definitely affect the results."

"For most of our peptides, we recommend storing it at -70* for 3-6 months after reconstituting. Storing it at 2*C will shorten this time. The peptide will be good for 1-2 weeks if refrigerated."

"Hi,

The peptide looks quite stable. If you stored it at 2*C for one week without disturbing it (shaking, repeat freeze-thaw, etc.) there should be no reason for why there is a change in effect of the peptide. We say this based on structure. An actual stability study has not yet been performed at this facility. "

Last edited:
G

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
its cleaned now.....lol.....so freezer as powder and after you reconstitute what? the fridge?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
its cleaned now.....lol.....so freezer as powder and after you reconstitute what? the fridge?
I've been speaking to Phoenix about this for about 3 days now in multiple e-mails. I am working on it ;).

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I got these responses from Pheonix Peptide just so you guys know. Seems they want you to use it all at once and if not the peptide will only last 1-2 weeks.

"Generally after reconstitution, we recommend storing it at -70*C. Were your results from thawing the peptide just once? We strongly do not recommend repeating freeze-thaw, that will definitely affect the results."

"For most of our peptides, we recommend storing it at -70* for 3-6 months after reconstituting. Storing it at 2*C will shorten this time. The peptide will be good for 1-2 weeks if refrigerated."

"Hi,

The peptide looks quite stable. If you stored it at 2*C for one week without disturbing it (shaking, repeat freeze-thaw, etc.) there should be no reason for why there is a change in effect of the peptide. We say this based on structure. An actual stability study has not yet been performed at this facility. "

M

mywetnightmares

Kyra Gracie= my future wife
Awards
  • Established
If reconstituted with acetic acid would it last longer, maybe a month?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'll bump for Lake or IBE to answer - but I would think AA would make it less stable.

BTW - we are Americans. We don't use Celsius. :wtf:
:p

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
If reconstituted with acetic acid would it last longer, maybe a month?
Human MGF is water soluble (unlike LR3 IGF-1), I don't believe using acetic acid would have any effect and although I don't feel like looking up the structure of acetic acid and various proteins that are attached in MGF, it could ultimately have a negative effect, but I doubt this is the case due to the low molarity of the acetic acid used for LR3 IGF-1 reconstitution.