Days off during igf cycle or not?

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Some seem to run there igf cycle taking igf injections everyday, while others follow a 5 on 2 off program. Anyone see any results better from one or the other?:think:

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
I have always had my test subjects run it everyday. So far their 2 cycles have worked very well for them.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
How long and at what doses did your subjects run? Did you split the shots up, i.e 1 in the AM and 1 in the PM, or just shoot the whole dose at once? Im assuming you did the standard bilateral injections....

Anyone else? I've only run my cycles straight through, without days off for 20-30 days. The more I read though, I wonder if it would be better to take a few days off per week and run the cycle 30-40 days. (same amount of igf total, just spread out over more days) What do you all think?:think:

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
My subjects did two injections per day, one side of the body part in the AM, then the other side in the PM. The bodypart that was pinned was not being trained that day. The dosages were 40mcg/day and was run for @25 days.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I don't think people are having any better or worse luck with the 5 on 2 off protocol. Either way you aren't going to be able to push much past 4 weeks so you might as well run it day in day out for 4 weeks at a time.

If you are going to run 40mcg, I liked running 20 in morning and 20 towards the end of the day as well. Take the evening one right before your highest carb meal and it will keep your insulin levels to what they were before you started eating, with absolutely no spike, which is awesome.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I don't think people are having any better or worse luck with the 5 on 2 off protocol. Either way you aren't going to be able to push much past 4 weeks so you might as well run it day in day out for 4 weeks at a time.

If you are going to run 40mcg, I liked running 20 in morning and 20 towards the end of the day as well. Take the evening one right before your highest carb meal and it will keep your insulin levels to what they were before you started eating, with absolutely no spike, which is awesome.
Again, thanks for the great info!

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
it is me and thanks bro! Same to ya! Your looking great as always!

Makes me wonder why we torture ourselves to look this way....oh ya, it's not torchur, it's fun!:squat: Keep reminding my self:dl: FUN FUN FUN!!!!

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
it is me and thanks bro! Same to ya! Your looking great as always!

Makes me wonder why we torture ourselves to look this way....oh ya, it's not torchur, it's fun!:squat: Keep reminding my self:dl: FUN FUN FUN!!!!
Haha dude I sooooo know how you feel. I sometimes think the same stuff. I just smack my forehead like WHY couldn't I have gotten into something other than this haha. Oh well I am in far too deep now ;):drunk:

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
Lake, correct me if I am wrong but, wasn't the 5on/2off protocol started pretty much to save money??? Basically to make 1mg last for an entire month?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Lake, correct me if I am wrong but, wasn't the 5on/2off protocol started pretty much to save money??? Basically to make 1mg last for an entire month?
Yup, that was one of the reasons for sure. Another reason people started it, though, was to try and prevent receptor downregulation although that didn't seem to work and we still aren't even sure if that is what is taking place.

But yea I mean you could definitel do that to save money although I feel if you are spending that much on it you might as well just spend the extra 10 bucks it would cost to run those extra two days.