IGF results??

BigDaddy72

Awards
I'm about to start a 4 to 5 week cycle of IGF1-LR3. I have been reading many post about how IGF wasn't that great in gaining strength but help in reducing body fat. This is great but I need to see some strength gains.I need some suggestions for a proper dose of IGF and other supp. I can take with it. I currently get drug tested for steroids on a random basis. So taking any steroids is out out of the question. I'm currently taking protein but what else would be good with IGF. Any input would be of great help. BD

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
I'm about to start a 4 to 5 week cycle of IGF1-LR3. I have been reading many post about how IGF wasn't that great in gaining strength but help in reducing body fat. This is great but I need to see some strength gains.I need some suggestions for a proper dose of IGF and other supp. I can take with it. I currently get drug tested for steroids on a random basis. So taking any steroids is out out of the question. I'm currently taking protein but what else would be good with IGF. Any input would be of great help. BD
:gotsearch:

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
IGF may also provide mass gains, you must be vigilent with your diet...plenty of protien, carbs, BCAA's....

I know this is probably not what you want to hear but.....

What is your training like right now? How long have you been training this way? How about your diet?

The reason I ask is that a change in your training split and/or philosophy can drastically improve strength, and so can a good clean diet rich in protien, carbs, and fat....

These strength gains won't be as dramatic as what you would get from AAS, but you WILL see improvements.

Try incorporating TUT principles or some powerlifting techniques, maybe?

BigDaddy72

Awards
Thanks for the feedback myfathersboy. I have been workng out with about the same workout plan for awhile now. It just changed this week. I started a new workout that has two sets for each different body part. The workout is broken down with three people in a group. Fot starters each group does a set of a major muscle group. For example on Monday I did bench for 5 sets of 5 reps.I use a percentage chart. My first set was 270 then 290,310,330,350 each for five reps.Then each group continues on a routine thats prodeuces strength but still is cardiovascular.One person for example would be on dips for 60 seconds, another person is doing a ab routine for 60 seconds and the third person is spoting on dips. We have about 6 different stations with a 2 set rotation. Each person goes twice through each workout and then we rotate to the next station. Mondays workout consisted of pullups,dips,Lat pulldowns, military press, concentration curls,and finally shoulder complex. So during the workout I did about 6 different lifts for 2min,while I did another 2min of ab routines. The workout is tough and the only break is when spotting. Thats why it is such a cardiovascular workout. This workout is 4 days a week with Wednesday off. Two days upper body with two days lower body.

I will post my diet in my next post.

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback myfathersboy. I have been workng out with about the same workout plan for awhile now. It just changed this week. I started a new workout that has two sets for each different body part. The workout is broken down with three people in a group. Fot starters each group does a set of a major muscle group. For example on Monday I did bench for 5 sets of 5 reps.I use a percentage chart. My first set was 270 then 290,310,330,350 each for five reps.Then each group continues on a routine thats prodeuces strength but still is cardiovascular.One person for example would be on dips for 60 seconds, another person is doing a ab routine for 60 seconds and the third person is spoting on dips. We have about 6 different stations with a 2 set rotation. Each person goes twice through each workout and then we rotate to the next station. Mondays workout consisted of pullups,dips,Lat pulldowns, military press, concentration curls,and finally shoulder complex. So during the workout I did about 6 different lifts for 2min,while I did another 2min of ab routines. The workout is tough and the only break is when spotting. Thats why it is such a cardiovascular workout. This workout is 4 days a week with Wednesday off. Two days upper body with two days lower body.

I will post my diet in my next post.

Sounds like an interesting split ya got there....

I'm not sure but I think 5by5 training is geared more towards hypertrophy than strength....so, might not be the best way to train if strength is your primary goal????

Let me think and do some snooping...maybe we can come up with something a little more suitable...be nice if some of the PL'ers on the board would chime in too ;)

Is changing your split something you and your partners would be willing to do????

Look forward to seeing your diet as well...

BigDaddy72

Awards
myfathersboy

The workout is new but will change to produce more strength later. It was the first lift but sets are going to start changing. This is just phase one of a three part workout. Towards the end bench sets will look something like this. 10 reps at 67% of max and so on like 4 reps at 75%, 3 at 87%, 2 at 95%, 1 105%, 1 110%. The other part of the workout will also change to actual sets instead of the 60 seconds time limit. 2 sets of 8-10 reps with much more weight. I think I could change a few things but the workout is pretty set. I would be willing to change it if you think you have something that works well.

For my diet I keep it simple. I try to have a high protein good carb diet. I'm an athlete so I have to intake enough carbs to get me through conditioning workouts that I have outside. They can be pretty intense in the Florida heat. I been maintaining my carbs by eating oatmeal and fruits in the morning maybe some gatorade to get some hydration back. Mainly I have been eating lean chicken and beef sometimes tuna. I usally eat this with a low fat cottage cheese or black beans which have some carbs in them. I probably drink 2-3 protein shakes a day with just skim milk. I don't know if I need to increase how many protein shakes I drink. Any input would be great. I been coming up with new ways to eat chicken because it just gets old. Parmesan cheese is a new trick I learned to bring the chicken some flavor. I only drink skim milk, gatorade ,and water I stay away from soda. Peanut butter is also something I eat alot of. Thats about what I eat I try to keep it low carb, but not to low. I'm currently 6' 3" 285 pounds. Last time I was tested my BF was around 15-16%. I'm trying to bring my BF down while increasing my strength. I just need some advice about other good suppliments are out there than can be takin with IGF. Any input on workouts, foods, or suppliments would be greatly appreciated. BD