IGF and blood sugar

  1. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    1989
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    33.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    IGF and blood sugar


    I have a blood sugar test kit here at the house. I'm not diabetic, its just one of those things I aquired. So today I put it to use.

    I took my blood sugar this morning before eating and after my work out and it was 89. (I do cardio on an empty stomach after weight training)

    I came home and made my pwo shake, and took my dose of IGF1-LR3. Dosing 20mcg 2x day.

    2 hours after this I took my blood sugar again and it was 124. It has never been this high, but I've never checked it on IGF. Usually 2 hours after my shake is around 112.

    I'm just wondering if this is to be expected on IGF, and evidence that its doing is thing.

  2. Banned
    FitnFirm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,635
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    99.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    124 is not bad by any means, you really should be testing at one hour, by two hours the metabolic process has almost completed. Try also immediately upon awakening, if it is under 90 at that time, your not getting enough carbs, or you are sleeping too many hours and not getting enough scheduled meals. It also has alot to do with exactly what you ate when you tested, for instance if you ate a footlong sub from subway your sugar may be higher even with wheat bread. I dont see too much to worry about.









    Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV
    I have a blood sugar test kit here at the house. I'm not diabetic, its just one of those things I aquired. So today I put it to use.

    I took my blood sugar this morning before eating and after my work out and it was 89. (I do cardio on an empty stomach after weight training)

    I came home and made my pwo shake, and took my dose of IGF1-LR3. Dosing 20mcg 2x day.

    2 hours after this I took my blood sugar again and it was 124. It has never been this high, but I've never checked it on IGF. Usually 2 hours after my shake is around 112.

    I'm just wondering if this is to be expected on IGF, and evidence that its doing is thing.
  3. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    1989
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    33.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Thanks for the input FitnFirm. I'll take it when I wake up tomorrow morning. Last time I checked it on waking, it was about 95 if I'm remembering correctly. It had been about 10 hours since I'd eaten last, so thats why it was kinda low to begin with.

    I'm gonna have to do some research on blood sugar.
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    FitnFirm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,635
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    99.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV
    Thanks for the input FitnFirm. I'll take it when I wake up tomorrow morning. Last time I checked it on waking, it was about 95 if I'm remembering correctly. It had been about 10 hours since I'd eaten last, so thats why it was kinda low to begin with.

    I'm gonna have to do some research on blood sugar.

    Woulda been ideal to test it a few times before starting your product, that would have given you a real good indication! Ive had many blood sugar issues over the past few years, not on any meds but it improved to perfect when I got on a good plan for weight training and nutrition, See for me if I ate a foot long sub from subway my sugar would be 340!!!!!!!!! the trick is to see if your body can naturally produce the insulin to bring it down to normal levels at 2 hours. But for you, you would want to make sure you are getting enough carbs after delivery, you dont want low blood sugar, by testing you can find out the perfect amount over a few days time, dont take all carbs at once either, drink or eat them at a nice rate for 1-2 hours continuosly, smart carbs at that, play with it and you will get it im sure Good luck what ever your goals are.
  5. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2557
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    93.05%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Yes, this is to be expcted. As its name implies IGF is insulin-like and it can decrease insulin production by as much as 1/12th in some cases. Thanks for this info though, that is nice to see. Could you check it at time of injection and 30 minutes and/or an hour after your injection of LR3?
  6. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    1989
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    33.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD
    Yes, this is to be expcted. As its name implies IGF is insulin-like and it can decrease insulin production by as much as 1/12th in some cases. Thanks for this info though, that is nice to see. Could you check it at time of injection and 30 minutes and/or an hour after your injection of LR3?

    Yep I can do that. I've gotten pretty interested in this now
  7. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2557
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    93.05%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV
    Yep I can do that. I've gotten pretty interested in this now
    How is it coming with the measuring?
  8. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    1989
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    33.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Waiting on a new package to arrive. I ran the first vial for 20 days, then took a break. There was a bit more left in the vial. I thought the new package would arrive before the old one was gone. No biggie though. I've taken some base measurements. I'll post those when I start IGF again.
  9. $Money$
    dertynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    44.16%

    how were those 20 days results red?
  10. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    1989
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    33.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I did 40mcg per day, usually after my workout in the morning. I was amazed at the fatloss. I should add that this was during a M-TST/P-MAX cycle. Added 12 pounds and leaned out quite a bit. Its now almost 2 weeks post, and I kept 10 pounds. Nolva/ATD/DHEA/7Keto/Androstentriol as PCT, and have another MG of IGF-LR3 en-route
  11. Banned
    jomi822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,419
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    52.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV
    I did 40mcg per day, usually after my workout in the morning. I was amazed at the fatloss. I should add that this was during a M-TST/P-MAX cycle. Added 12 pounds and leaned out quite a bit. Its now almost 2 weeks post, and I kept 10 pounds. Nolva/ATD/DHEA/7Keto/Androstentriol as post cycle therapy, and have another MG of IGF-LR3 en-route
    whos igf do you use?
  12. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11682
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Seems less than 180 1-2 hours after meals using finger prick methods are considered normal. I know that blood samples drawn from a vein and the finger prick have different values to what's considered normal as well as if you're fasting etc.
    Coming from a long line of diabetics I can say that looks fine :P
  13. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    1989
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    33.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    whos igf do you use?
    Crowlers. He had a helluva deal on it, and I think I read today that he still has some left.

    Thanks for the extra info Jayhawkk. I should be able to start this little experiment back up on Monday.
  14. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    1989
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    33.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Ok, well I started back up on IGF today. Plan on doing 40mcg's/day split 20 am and 20 pm.

    I averaged my blood sugar for a few days last week.

    Average Morning blood sugar, after waking 87
    Average blood sugar 1 hour after PWO shake 119.

    I work out usually first thing in the mornings, on an empty stomach most of the time. (except for 2 cups of coffee)

    Ok. So, today's waking blood sugar was a bit lower than normal. It was 77. Went and had good chest workout. Came home and made my shake. Its the same shake every time, so there is some consistency here. 20 minutes after drinking (or eating it.. kinda thick) I dosed with 20mcg's IGF-LR3.

    One hour after drinking the shake, I took my blood sugar again. Wow. Its only 77. No big spike like normal. I'll take it again in about a half-hour.

    If anyone has any suggestions on how to do this little research project better, please let me know.

    EDIT: Took it again at 12:45, and its 110. Digestion must be a bit slow. That'll change in a day or two!
    Last edited by RedwolfWV; 05-22-2006 at 01:35 PM.
  15. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2557
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    93.05%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV
    Ok, well I started back up on IGF today. Plan on doing 40mcg's/day split 20 am and 20 pm.

    I averaged my blood sugar for a few days last week.

    Average Morning blood sugar, after waking 87
    Average blood sugar 1 hour after PWO shake 119.

    I work out usually first thing in the mornings, on an empty stomach most of the time. (except for 2 cups of coffee)

    Ok. So, today's waking blood sugar was a bit lower than normal. It was 77. Went and had good chest workout. Came home and made my shake. Its the same shake every time, so there is some consistency here. 20 minutes after drinking (or eating it.. kinda thick) I dosed with 20mcg's IGF-LR3.

    One hour after drinking the shake, I took my blood sugar again. Wow. Its only 77. No big spike like normal. I'll take it again in about a half-hour.

    If anyone has any suggestions on how to do this little research project better, please let me know.

    EDIT: Took it again at 12:45, and its 110. Digestion must be a bit slow. That'll change in a day or two!
    Wow, pretty cool man, appreciate you doing that. That is interesting how it basically kept your blood sugar normal as if you didn't eat anything, no wonder it makes you lean haha. You say you took the second measurement at 12:45, how long was that after your first measurement that read 77?
  16. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    1989
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    33.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD
    Wow, pretty cool man, appreciate you doing that. That is interesting how it basically kept your blood sugar normal as if you didn't eat anything, no wonder it makes you lean haha. You say you took the second measurement at 12:45, how long was that after your first measurement that read 77?
    That would be almost 2 hours after drinking the shake. I'd take it again, but I just ate... Damn I'm hungry

    I'll do it again tomorrow and see if the results are similar.
  17. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    1989
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    33.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I didn't forget about this project.... but I kinda dropped my meter into the crapper, and now it doesn't work

    Picking up a new one soon, and I'll continue this as long as I've got IGF left.
  18. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2557
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    93.05%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Appreciate it man. Try a high GI carb when you get a chance. Something like high GI cereal or maybe a piece of pie, on one of the days you are splurging. heck if we can keep the spike down with foods like that I will be eating pancakes with IGF .
  19. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    1989
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    33.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I think I feel a pancake breakfast comming on... With LOTS of maple syrup
  20. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2557
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    93.05%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV
    I think I feel a pancake breakfast comming on... With LOTS of maple syrup
    Speaking of maple syrup!! I used a sugar free maple syrup this morning made by Smuckers. Used sugar alcohols, and lemme tell ya that **** was GOOOOOOD!!
  21. New Member
    kesam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    51
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    97
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    30%

    Bump for any more on this. As a new type 2 on Gh and looking at IGF to lower sugar results this is vv interesting
  22. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2557
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    93.05%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kesam View Post
    Bump for any more on this. As a new type 2 on Gh and looking at IGF to lower sugar results this is vv interesting
    What is your question?
  23. New Member
    kesam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    51
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    97
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    30%

    My BS have gone from fasting of 5.4 (97) to 6.7 (121)on 2iu per day of GH I was wondering if IGF1 40mcg bilaterally pwo (GH pre WO) could be the answer to this. Primary reason for GH is for anti ageing benefits. Age 44. Also wondering if the next move is to come off the Gh when stocks are finished and go eod or e3d with IGF and poss HGH frag 176
  24. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2557
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    93.05%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    IGF definitely increases sensitivity and GH, ironically, decreases it, so yes you can definitely get benefits from taking IGF and you don't need much.
  25. New Member
    mjfit06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    98
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    76%

    i too just abtaind one off theas testers. i started my pegmgf last week and im going to start my igf monday. iwas planing on running it 10 in the am 20 in the pm on work out days and just 10 in the am on non days. i dont no how im going to do the mgf yet i was thinking just sunday but might play with this a little this is my first run very excited. i will start doing the bs test tomorow and keep every one posted as well.
    by the way i have been taking the frag 176 for 3 weeks also will be doing this till its gone at 250
  26. New Member
    coop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    106
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    46.28%

    Pre / Post IGF Pinning Glucose Levels


    Hey guys gals...
    Could someone tell me exactally what should happen to ones glucose level after pinning IGF. If the level pre and post pinning id the same....no drop in level does that mean the IGF is bad?

    Does your level have to drop for IGF to work?

    Thanks
    Coop
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Glucosamine and blood sugar
    By chainsaw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-27-2010, 08:43 PM
  2. coffee and blood sugar levels
    By cessna in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 05:33 PM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 03:29 PM
  4. Ketogenic and blood sugar
    By WYD02 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-23-2003, 12:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in