MGF Proliferation: A look into how many cells are prloliferated

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Check out the figure below, then read what is below.

Fig. 4. The comparison of the number of cells in a proliferative state (determined by incorporation of BrdU shown as absorption at 405nm) within MGF-transfected, IGF-I Ea-transfected and control C2C12 cells at 12, 24, 36 and 48 h after plating. The results showed that after 24 up to 48 h of plating MGF-transfected cells exhibited significantly higher proliferation compared to normal control C2C12 cells (P<0.001). Although the rate of proliferation in IGF-I Ea-transfected cells is about twice time as high as the control cells (P<0.01), it is not as high as in MGF-transfected cells. Values shown are the mean±S.E.M.

Attachments

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
good info LMD.

why were the normal/control cells proliferating?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
good info LMD.

why were the normal/control cells proliferating?
Let me read more into the study bro and I will get back to you as I am not sure. I know they were doing this stuff in culture and not in vitro, using humans. Still pretty interesting as to how long it took for the proliferation! Heck maybe a 12-24 hour pre injection of MGF would work for accelerating the healing process, maybe it is what is needed for those twice a week workouts. Who knows.