How dangerous is IGF-1?

vicmack777

Awards
I know all AAS, etc. is dangerous but I was always afraid of slin. Im looking to do this in my post cycle coming up in a few weeks. It really interests me but Im worried about my diet. If I eat carbs before my workout and after my workout will that be fine? Any info would be appreciated fellas.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Are you talking about igf-1 or insulin. That is DEFINATELY not ok for insulin use and I strongly encourage you not to use insulin. You do not know enough anout it. Period. Don't mean to sound like a d!ck, just lookin out.

vicmack777

Awards
Are you talking about igf-1 or insulin. That is DEFINATELY not ok for insulin use and I strongly encourage you not to use insulin. You do not know enough anout it. Period. Don't mean to sound like a d!ck, just lookin out.
I appreciate it but I def. wasnt talking about insulin. Im just hearing about all this hypoglycemic stuff about IGF-1 and its got me a little nervous. lol Im def not going to try slin. Its out of my league.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah the title says igf-1 and in the body of your post you talk about "slin", that's short for insuling, which isn't igf-1. Could you clarify which one you're asking about?

Schwaugher

Awards
With IGF-1, i've only heard of hypoglycemia occuring in dosages of 100+ mcg. Insulin enhances the active life of IGF-1, so naturally spiking your insulin levels PWO with food, you will actually be extended the life of IGF-1 making it more effective. The only drawback would be that you have to ingest your food several minutes prior to time your insulin spike accordingly. Or so i've read, here's a short passage.

Taken from here http://www.basskilleronline.com/igf1_article4.html

"[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Insulin prevents the breakdown of IGFBP3 and leaves the IGF1 molecule roaming free in the blood stream for longer periods of time up to 12 hours as insulin levels return to normal IGFBP3 will begin to break down and the IGF1 will escape from its bound protein IGFBP3 again having a half life of less than 10 minutes...[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Hell if you want to eat a big bowl of rice and drink another 100g of simple carbs 45 minutes before the bed time IGF1 infusion you could spike insulin for at least a few hours of extended IGF1 activity.[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]..Tthen go ahead and do the same in the morning."
[/FONT]

vicmack777

Awards
Yeah the title says igf-1 and in the body of your post you talk about "slin", that's short for insuling, which isn't igf-1. Could you clarify which one you're asking about?
I know slin is short of insulin. Read the previous post. I explain it a little better. Im just afraid of the slin side effects, ie. hypoglycemia, and dont want to get that with IGF-1. I AM NOT PLANNING ON TAKING SLIN (INSULIN). I am though, thinking about taking IGF-1 and am afraid of the hypoglycemic part of it.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
I know slin is short of insulin. Read the previous post. I explain it a little better. Im just afraid of the slin side effects, ie. hypoglycemia, and dont want to get that with IGF-1. I AM NOT PLANNING ON TAKING SLIN (INSULIN). I am though, thinking about taking IGF-1 and am afraid of the hypoglycemic part of it.
Most of the users of igf that I know, have not experienced any signs of going hypo. Now this doesnt mean that it cant happen. This biggest thing when using igf, is to make sure that your carb intake is constant. Also, if you plan dosing PWO, then make sure you have some fast acting carbs to help from your blood sugar getting to low. Continue reading up on it here on this board and even try searching few other boards. When taken properly, this product can be very beneficial.

vicmack777

Awards
Most of the users of igf that I know, have not experienced any signs of going hypo. Now this doesnt mean that it cant happen. This biggest thing when using igf, is to make sure that your carb intake is constant. Also, if you plan dosing PWO, then make sure you have some fast acting carbs to help from your blood sugar getting to low. Continue reading up on it here on this board and even try searching few other boards. When taken properly, this product can be very beneficial.
What do you mean, by carb intake staying "constant"

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Basically what I mean, is to make sure that you are getting some sort of carbs in your system every couple of hours (preferably lower GI carbs). Shoot for @75-100g. In my experience, this has been very effective for me, and I havent felt any affects of low blood sugar or signs of becoming hypo.

vicmack777

Awards
Basically what I mean, is to make sure that you are getting some sort of carbs in your system every couple of hours (preferably lower GI carbs). Shoot for @75-100g. In my experience, this has been very effective for me, and I havent felt any affects of low blood sugar or signs of becoming hypo.
Thank you

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
No prob man. Good luck if you decide to give igf a try. :)

bigfucer

Awards
I have been doing research on IGF-1 here and i have noticed that people seem to mention the good points about igf1 and that the sides/risks are minimal. I have looked elsewhere on the web to find that IGF-1 can be assoc with increased risk of cancer of the prostate and colon. My question is what other short term and long term risks are there that I am missing. thanx

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I have been doing research on IGF-1 here and i have noticed that people seem to mention the good points about igf1 and that the sides/risks are minimal. I have looked elsewhere on the web to find that IGF-1 can be assoc with increased risk of cancer of the prostate and colon. My question is what other short term and long term risks are there that I am missing. thanx
Cancer risks are exaggerated. The greatest risk is growing guts, which only happens when injecting large amounts.

I do get low blood sugar symptoms out of IGF-1 and constant carb feeding suppresses this very effectively.

It is about as risk-free a muscle-builder as you can find.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
So incredibly dangerous that you must send me your immediately!:twisted:

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
bump to the dangerous questions.

i cant really find anything anwhere about the negative side effects of this stuff, i see it makes some of you feel a littl hypoglycemic, but not so much that it seems dangerous

also i see that some of you guys have done many, many cycles of this stuff, arn't you worried about your internal organs and other stuff growing? that seems like the only real down side that i can see.....

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
bump to the dangerous questions.

i cant really find anything anwhere about the negative side effects of this stuff, i see it makes some of you feel a littl hypoglycemic, but not so much that it seems dangerous

also i see that some of you guys have done many, many cycles of this stuff, arn't you worried about your internal organs and other stuff growing? that seems like the only real down side that i can see.....
As long as you keep the doses low and pin the muscles worked immediately postworkout, most of the IGF-1 will go to your muscles and not to your internal organs.

bigfucer

Awards
thanks for the response. by all accounts it looks like a very good option for building muscle. are there any long term studies that back the claim of increased risk of cancer due to igf-1