Long R3 IGF Mixing Question

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.56%

Long R3 IGF Mixing Question

I just received my order of Long R3 IGF from Research-ology. Sort of confused on the way to mix it. In the kit I received a vial of 1mg grade of Long R3. Then I received a larger empty vial. It also came with Sodium Chloride to mix with. I am wondering if the empty vial is worthless. I could just put the SC into the vial with the L3 powder in it ?

Another question I am new to slin pins. I see where the syringe is marked from 10-100 and at the end says 1cc... I am taking 50mcgs daily am and pm..... How much to I need to put in the syringe before injecting... Not a very good converter of fluids so need some help, I am ready to get this on !

2. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

1iu = 10mcg of LR3 IGF-1 ASSUMING you put 1mL of liquid in with your 1mg of LR3 IGF-1.

You shouldn't have received an empty vial. You should have received a vial tha tlooks like there is barely anything in it but a SMALL amount of powder (the igf-1 vial), another vial that contains either 100mMolar acetic acid, or benzoic acid, and a vial that contains either BW or saline solution.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.56%

Instructions from Research Ology said to fill the vial with powder with 3ml of solution Sodium Chloride. That will make it 1000mcg..... I hope I am correct or I am pissing alot of money away. I followed their instructions and hope it is safe... I took 20 mcg this morning ( 10 in one delt and 10 in the other ) great workout at lunch but feeling real weird now. Sort of a slight buzz..... anyway I hope i mixed it right, any insight ?
    •   

4. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.03%

Quote Originally Posted by umdog
    Instructions from Research Ology said to fill the vial with powder with 3ml of solution Sodium Chloride. That will make it 1000mcg..... I hope I am correct or I am pissing alot of money away. I followed their instructions and hope it is safe... I took 20 mcg this morning ( 10 in one delt and 10 in the other ) great workout at lunch but feeling real weird now. Sort of a slight buzz..... anyway I hope i mixed it right, any insight ?
    Sorry bro you are VERY wrong here. DO NOT DO THIS. Sodium Chloride is the agent you use to dilute the mix you get but should be added after you take the AA or BA+IGF-1 into the slin pin. Addition of NaCl or BW can destroy the peptide as it throws off the pH of the formula. Plus you are also wrong in saying adding 3mL of solution to 1mg of LR3 IGF-1 would give you 1000mcg. There is already 1000mcg in the vial, 1000mcg=1mg. If you add 3mL of solution to 1000mcg than you have a solution that is 3.33mcg/IU.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.56%

what in the hell should i do... I followed there directions to the the t... It says to mix the water supplied and not to use ba or any other water to diluty. Mabye theres is different..... I hope there instructions are correct......
  6. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.03%

what in the hell should i do... I followed there directions to the the t... It says to mix the water supplied and not to use ba or any other water to diluty. Mabye theres is different..... I hope there instructions are correct......
    I think you are extremely confused on your abbreviations bro. BA does not equal water. BA is benzoic acid. AA is acetic acid, and BW is bacteriostatic water.

You NEVER mix BW or Saline (NaCl) solution in with your MGF or IGF-1 because the pH is wrong and will destroy the peptide. Are you sure you used water and not BA? I don't know of any company who says to add in water, I think you might be mistaken.
  7. IBE Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.78%

LMD,

i assumed BW was safe with MGF because the amino chain wasn't as long as IGF. Does this not matter because it is a peptide and that is where the concern for the PH balance is not over the amino chain?

be honest with you i just adviced someone earlier that BW was ok despite this member concerned with the AA solution adding to his MGF.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.52%

Yup, that was me. Thanks LMR I'm only using 100mM AA for either IGF or MGF.

I'm paranoid in regards to the 0.9% Benzyl Alcohol in Bacteriostatic water, let alone the incompatable PH.

I'm sticking to good ol 100mM AA. Never did me wrong before
  9. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.49%

I just received my order of Long R3 IGF from Research-ology. Sort of confused on the way to mix it. In the kit I received a vial of 1mg grade of Long R3. Then I received a larger empty vial. It also came with Sodium Chloride to mix with. I am wondering if the empty vial is worthless. I could just put the SC into the vial with the L3 powder in it ?

Another question I am new to slin pins. I see where the syringe is marked from 10-100 and at the end says 1cc... I am taking 50mcgs daily am and pm..... How much to I need to put in the syringe before injecting... Not a very good converter of fluids so need some help, I am ready to get this on !
    Please don't take this the wrong way but....

You're headed down a very expensive and potentially dangerous road. You've already injected a foriegn substance, which, you have demonstrated complete ignorance of by posting this thread. All of the questions you have asked in this thread have already been addressed numerous times on this board and with 30 seconds worth of searching and one hour of reading you could have answered all of these questions and more BEFORE YOU EVEN MADE THE PURCHASE.

Bro, I'm not trying to flame you or give you a hard time, it just worries me that you would purchase and inject something you know so little about. Had this been HGH or Insulin or any number of AAS you could have, best case scenario, been out a lot of money....and worst case scenario, well, dead or hospitalized.

Just trying to save you a few bucks and help you stay healthy and get the most out of your investment and time.

Seriously, not trying to be a ****...just trying to help.
  10. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.03%

Quote Originally Posted by myfathersboy
    Please don't take this the wrong way but....

You're headed down a very expensive and potentially dangerous road. You've already injected a foriegn substance, which, you have demonstrated complete ignorance of by posting this thread. All of the questions you have asked in this thread have already been addressed numerous times on this board and with 30 seconds worth of searching and one hour of reading you could have answered all of these questions and more BEFORE YOU EVEN MADE THE PURCHASE.

Bro, I'm not trying to flame you or give you a hard time, it just worries me that you would purchase and inject something you know so little about. Had this been HGH or Insulin or any number of AAS you could have, best case scenario, been out a lot of money....and worst case scenario, well, dead or hospitalized.

Just trying to save you a few bucks and help you stay healthy and get the most out of your investment and time.

Seriously, not trying to be a ****...just trying to help.
    Yeah I would have to agree here bro. Not saying you did this but take for instance the fact you didn't know LR3 IGF-1 could cause you to pass out due to sugar levels. You could have been seriously hurt by this. There is so much info on this board, I mean heck just the thing I put together had 19 pages worth of information . And although you can always ask us here for help (I responded to this and helped ya), we recommend you do the research.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.56%

I followed the directions to a "T" from Research-Ology and have contacted them and they assure me that I am okay. I did not mean water, they said not to add any other substance to the contents, just the Sodium Chloride.

The powder came in small vial, and a large empty vial followed with the 10ml of sodium chloride. Instructions said to mix 2-3ml of sodium chloride with the powder and swirl and mix. then add the 3ml of mixed igf to the 10ml empty vial. then add the rest of the sodium chloride to the large vial, which would give me 10ml of IGF... Now where did I screw up. I followed the instructions and still believe I did it right???
  12. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.03%

I followed the directions to a "T" from Research-Ology and have contacted them and they assure me that I am okay. I did not mean water, they said not to add any other substance to the contents, just the Sodium Chloride.

The powder came in small vial, and a large empty vial followed with the 10ml of sodium chloride. Instructions said to mix 2-3ml of sodium chloride with the powder and swirl and mix. then add the 3ml of mixed igf to the 10ml empty vial. then add the rest of the sodium chloride to the large vial, which would give me 10ml of IGF... Now where did I screw up. I followed the instructions and still believe I did it right???
    I don't know the pKa of the NaCl that you mixed it with and the corresponding pKa of 100mMol AA so I can't tell you if it messed up your stuff or not but I do know that BW WILL MESS IT UP. So what I would do is go to www.gropep.com and ask them if Saline Solution (make sure you read the bottle and give them the percentage Saline, so they can calculate pKa) and tell you if it is within limits
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.56%

if you go to research-ology and look at the long r3 igf you can see what the liquid is. It is not BW it is Sodium CHloride. ANd Lion who sells it or promotes it says it is from gropep.??
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.52%

oh ****, there as a thread recently saying that Lion's IGF had Bovine Serum Albumin in it. I don't know if it's true, but I do know they have a shady reputation in many circles. Just putting that out there.

here's the link

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/igf-1...+serum+albumin
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34%

In a research lab, BSA (bovine serum albumin) is added to both stabilize protein/peptide lysates from repeated freeze/thaw cycles and also keep them from nonspecifically binding to plastic or glass surfaces. This should not be done if the compound is to be used for injection into humans. I believe that injecting it would cause an inflammatory reaction and is not something one would want to do. Also, there is no reason to add it to IGF-I b/c the loss to non-specific binding is minimal and it is not subjected to freeze/thaw cycles.

Companies like Upstate Biotech state in their product paperwork to employ this method, but they supply compounds strictly for research purposes only. It is possible someone saw this and thought that adding it to IGF-I would be beneficial. If it's true that Lion really adds BSA to their IGF-I, it should be avoided, but it seems unusual for a source to spend the money and effort to add it. IMHO, it's either not true or Lion is misinformed, although Beelzebub's post says it definitely has BSA. (BTW his post is very well written and very informative).

As for adding NaCl solution (sodium chloride) to reconstitute the powder, that is a no-no. As has been already stated by several knowledgeable members here, it should only be reconstituted in an acidic liquid such as acetic acid or benzyl alcohol and the sodium chloride solution is for diluting the reconstituted IGF-1 so the acid doesn't cause pain/bad reaction. The sodium chloride sln is used instead of BW because it is a buffer and thus helps neutralize the acidity of the BA/AA better than BW. If Lion really does state that the lyophilized IGF-I powder is to be reconstituted with the NaCl solution, I believe he is wrong.
  16. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.03%

Good post. I don't know too much about BSA and that was informative.

Take this as a warning though guys. Do the research, just because a company such as research-ology is selling a product that is "high tech" if you will in the bodybuilding world, that does not mean they know what the heck they are talking about when it comes to organic chemistry (proper pKa values for reconstitution, etc.) or anything related to the compound.

Similar Forum Threads

1. How To Measure Long R3 IGF-1
    By N4cer in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 04:34 AM
  2. Long r3 IGF-1 Help Needed
    By fritzer in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2007, 11:24 AM
  3. Human Long R3 IGF-1 Anti Aging Studies
    By mr athlete in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0