DR. D- IGF for healing a tendon.. need some help guys

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I need to heal a tendon, I believe it is my S.I. joint in my hip. The part of the hip where your glute attaches to it. I can't inject IM since it is the tendon that is damaged so I am curious how I should do the inject if I want to heal this.

The thread in here about healing isn't very informative and is more for things related to muscles than tendons.

How much should you do. Seems 40-60mcg is good for gaining mass but I just need to heal this injury as soon as possible. Thanks to any of you experienced users.

NevrEnuf

Awards
  • Established
I need to heal a tendon, I believe it is my S.I. joint in my hip. The part of the hip where your glute attaches to it. I can't inject IM since it is the tendon that is damaged so I am curious how I should do the inject if I want to heal this.

The thread in here about healing isn't very informative and is more for things related to muscles than tendons.

How much should you do. Seems 40-60mcg is good for gaining mass but I just need to heal this injury as soon as possible. Thanks to any of you experienced users.

Well i'm in a similar boat, sept i had a fractured tibia and torn acl surgery, i got some igf and i'll be starting it this fridday hopefully but from what i know and the information i have been given, as long as you are injecting the igf you will see the results.
If you can't inject im in the direct area thats wrong with you inject near it as i plan on doing. Some guys on here aren't experiencing specified localized growth anyway so thats what i would do.
ALSO, get yourself some cissus rx, theres tons of good threads about the stuff about its healing properties, good stuff! good luck

kevinW

Board Supporter
Awards
I lost my right tricep isertion tendon total seperation .Dr gave me anavar and IGF-1 along with 300mg test per week My surgion (different Dr ) said I did 6 mos healing in 2 and im 40+ fyi

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I lost my right tricep isertion tendon total seperation .Dr gave me anavar and IGF-1 along with 300mg test per week My surgion (different Dr ) said I did 6 mos healing in 2 and im 40+ fyi
where did he do your injections? did he do them into your tricep muscle or subcutaneously near the tendon?

kevinW

Board Supporter
Awards
Injections were done into the area around the tendon but if you want my opinion the anavar is the healing ticket

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I had this in my personal notes because of its reference to NBI-31772.
Thought it could be revelant in this discussion:

Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) has poor anabolic efficacy in cartilage in osteoarthritis (OA), partly because of its sequestration by abnormally high levels of extracellular IGF-binding proteins (IGFBPs). We studied the effect of NBI-31772, a small molecule that inhibits the binding of IGF-1 to IGFBPs, on the restoration of proteoglycan synthesis by human OA chondrocytes. IGFBPs secreted by human OA cartilage or cultured chondrocytes were analyzed by western ligand blot. The ability of NBI-31772 to displace IGF-1 from IGFBPs was measured by radiobinding assay. Anabolic responses in primary cultured chondrocytes were assessed by measuring the synthesis of proteoglycans in cetylpyridinium-chloride-precipitable fractions of cell-associated and secreted 35S-labeled macromolecules. The penetration of NBI-31772 into cartilage was measured by its ability to displace 125I-labeled IGF-1 from cartilage IGFBPs. We found that IGFBP-3 was the major IGFBP secreted by OA cartilage explants and cultured chondrocytes. NBI-31772 inhibited the binding of 125I-labeled IGF-1 to IGFBP-3 at nanomolar concentrations. It antagonized the inhibitory effect of IGFBP-3 on IGF-1-dependent proteoglycan synthesis by rabbit chondrocytes. The addition of NBI-31772 to human OA chondrocytes resulted in the restoration or potentiation of IGF-1-dependent proteoglycan synthesis, depending on the IGF-1 concentrations. However, NBI-31772 did not penetrate into cartilage explants. This study shows that a new pharmacological approach that uses a small molecule inhibiting IGF-1/IGFBP interaction could restore or potentiate proteoglycan synthesis in OA chondrocytes, thereby opening exciting possibilities for the treatment of OA and, potentially, of other joint-related diseases.
http://www.pubmedcentral.gov/articlerender.fcgi?tool=pmcentrez&rendertype=abstract&artid=546277

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I had this in my personal notes because of its reference to NBI-31772.
Thought it could be revelant in this discussion:

Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) has poor anabolic efficacy in cartilage in osteoarthritis (OA), partly because of its sequestration by abnormally high levels of extracellular IGF-binding proteins (IGFBPs). We studied the effect of NBI-31772, a small molecule that inhibits the binding of IGF-1 to IGFBPs, on the restoration of proteoglycan synthesis by human OA chondrocytes. IGFBPs secreted by human OA cartilage or cultured chondrocytes were analyzed by western ligand blot. The ability of NBI-31772 to displace IGF-1 from IGFBPs was measured by radiobinding assay. Anabolic responses in primary cultured chondrocytes were assessed by measuring the synthesis of proteoglycans in cetylpyridinium-chloride-precipitable fractions of cell-associated and secreted 35S-labeled macromolecules. The penetration of NBI-31772 into cartilage was measured by its ability to displace 125I-labeled IGF-1 from cartilage IGFBPs. We found that IGFBP-3 was the major IGFBP secreted by OA cartilage explants and cultured chondrocytes. NBI-31772 inhibited the binding of 125I-labeled IGF-1 to IGFBP-3 at nanomolar concentrations. It antagonized the inhibitory effect of IGFBP-3 on IGF-1-dependent proteoglycan synthesis by rabbit chondrocytes. The addition of NBI-31772 to human OA chondrocytes resulted in the restoration or potentiation of IGF-1-dependent proteoglycan synthesis, depending on the IGF-1 concentrations. However, NBI-31772 did not penetrate into cartilage explants. This study shows that a new pharmacological approach that uses a small molecule inhibiting IGF-1/IGFBP interaction could restore or potentiate proteoglycan synthesis in OA chondrocytes, thereby opening exciting possibilities for the treatment of OA and, potentially, of other joint-related diseases.
http://www.pubmedcentral.gov/articlerender.fcgi?tool=pmcentrez&rendertype=abstract&artid=546277

Haha I am a little confused on what this is saying.

Is this saying it will be worth it to use IGF for healing or is it saying its not worth it?

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well, It said both I beleive.

It basicly stated that Cartalige contains IGFBP's. (there are 6 "classes" of these binding proiteins,.. then broken further into subgroups).

Anywyas, basicly, cartalige contains these binding proteins. The have found the "Long Jack" of IGF (well, not really,.. thats what IM looking for,..) in cartalege.
So, they know that there is a way to make IGF effective for repair of cartalige, as removing the binding proteins (think AI like) will make that particular tissue more receptive to healing propertiers of IGF.
The issue at hand (I think) is like getting that IGFBP replacement(that doesnt really bind, just takes the place of the BP) into the cartalege.

Im probably way off, as my head is just swimming with information at the moment.,...

OH SORRY,.. didnt answer your question. Its probably not worth it right now (GH might be a better option at the moment), but thats assuming you get some IGF-1, a needle and pin. Changing other factors along with might yeild different results,.. but I just thought Its never very long once the "How" is fiqured out...

kevinW

Board Supporter
Awards
I was only on 25mg anavar but I think that is the healing stuff. When he took me off he put me on deca low dose ,and when im done the deca he is going back to anavar mine is tendon not cartlige and the drugs I have been on are for cologen synthesis

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Lake, how do you know you have a tendon issue there? its quite a complex area to self diagnose. I'd suggest ART as they are one of the best at treating that area. couple that with some imaging if you can get it and you'l know much better.

if you're training incorrectly or have scar tissue there )like many have) IGF won't help. IGF won't break down scar tissue which is the result of improper healing and overwork.

hope this helps.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Lake, how do you know you have a tendon issue there? its quite a complex area to self diagnose. I'd suggest ART as they are one of the best at treating that area. couple that with some imaging if you can get it and you'l know much better.

if you're training incorrectly or have scar tissue there )like many have) IGF won't help. IGF won't break down scar tissue which is the result of improper healing and overwork.

hope this helps.
Now I am all freakin confused. I know I have a tendon issue because the bad point on my body is my Left S.I. junction (where the tendon meets the bone). This is the problem area that the football doctor told me is a problem spot. In fact he did dextrose injections in the area (series of 3 or 4) each week to try and help heal it, I forgot the name of this healing process.

You are telling me that IGF wont help this?

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ya know,... Growth Hormone might be the "better guess" on this one. While IGF-1 does many things, GH is a more general approach,.. plus you get the bennifit of increasing IGF-1 too. It just doesnt seem so Hit or miss.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Beelz did say that IGF didn't help his shoulder problem, but GH did.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
It didn't help his calves either.

Oh, and about that IGF/IGFBP article: it is all nice and good, except one thing is being forgotten. We use Long R3 IGF-1, the kind that no IGFBP can bind to. So it doesn't matter at all if there are more or less IGFBP in a specific tissue, this IGF is invisible to it.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
lake, that dextrose therpay(prolotherapy) is used to break up scar tissue. so in essence I'm right. IGF can heal and is good to use in combination with therpaies like prolotherapy or ART.
furthermore, make sure you are not hurting your tendon eveyday and reinjuring overworking it. maybe some imbalances need to be addresed. go see ART. there is a very good ART man in FLA or was it atlanta called gregg, forgot his family name. oh yeah I think he moved to st. petersburg. anyway go to activerelease.com and look fro a practitioner in your area.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
lake, that dextrose therpay(prolotherapy) is used to break up scar tissue. so in essence I'm right. IGF can heal and is good to use in combination with therpaies like prolotherapy or ART.
furthermore, make sure you are not hurting your tendon eveyday and reinjuring overworking it. maybe some imbalances need to be addresed. go see ART. there is a very good ART man in FLA or was it atlanta called gregg, forgot his family name. oh yeah I think he moved to st. petersburg. anyway go to activerelease.com and look fro a practitioner in your area.

Appreciate the help bro. Sent ya a little rep for your help. Yeah the prolotherapy helped a little, I only did it for three weeks and they were rushing it (once per week), which is a little much but we were constrained for time. Hopefully this IGF and var will work its magic over the next few weeks!