human fibroblast growth factor-acidic??

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This product contains 50 ug of human fibroblast growth factor-acidic (rHuFGF-a).

FGF-acidic is one of 23 known members of the FGF family. Proteins of this family play a central role during prenatal development and postnatal growth and regeneration of a variety of tissues, by promoting cellular proliferation and differentiation. FGF-acidic is a non-glycosylated heparin binding growth factor that is expressed in the brain, kidney, retina, smooth muscle cells, bone matrix, osteoblasts, astrocytes and endothelial cells. FGF-acidic has the ability to signal through all the FGF receptors. This recombinant human FGF-acidic is a 15.8 kDa protein consisting of 140 amino acid residues

Any thoughts on this? I doesnt seem to hange around more then a week or so after its mixed.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok, below is a link for information.
Basicly, it stimulates cell division/regeneration in many types of cells: muscle, vascular, connective tissue.
As to its potency compared to other compounds currently available I have yet to find.
http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/sigma/datasheet/F5542dat.pdf#search='human%20fibroblast%20growth%20factoracidic'

Here is a GREAT link I found posted elsewhere to on online library for the NAtional Center for Biotech info: Just thought Id put here, where is doesnt belong. Might be usefull for others. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
Background :Single-chain polypeptide growth factor that plays a significant role in the process of wound healing and is a potent inducer of angiogenesis. It binds to heparin, which potentiates its biological activity and protects it from proteolysis. The growth factor is an extremely potent inducer of DNA synthesis in a variety of cell types from mesoderm and neuroectoderm lineages, and also has chemotactic and mitogenic activities. It was originally named acidic fibroblast growth factor based upon its chemical properties and to distinguish it from basic fibroblast growth factor.
Other homologous FGF belonging to the same family are int-2 (FGF-3 ), FGF-5 , FGF-6 , K-FGF and KGF (keratinocyte growth factor =FGF-7 ). All factors are products of different genes, some of which are Oncogene products (FGF-3 , FGF-4 , FGF-5 ).

Description :Recombinant Human Fibroblast Growth Factor-acidic (FGF-1) produced in E.Coli is a single, non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain containing 155 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 17463 Dalton.
The acidic FGF is purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.

Physical Appearance: Sterile Filtered White lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder.

Formulation: Recombinant FGF-1 was lyophilized from a concentrated (1mg/ml) sterile solution containing 10mM Tris pH=7.6 and 100mM NaCl.
Solubility: It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized FGF-acidic in sterile 18MΩ-cm H2O not less than 100µg/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.

Stability:
Lyophilized FGF-acidic although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18 C. Upon reconstitution FGF-acidic should be stored at 4 C between 2-7 days and for future use below -18 C. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).
Please avoid freeze-thaw cycles.

Purity: Greater than 95.0% as determined by:
(a) Analysis by RP-HPLC.
(b) Anion-exchange FPLC.
(c) Analysis by reducing and non-reducing SDS-PAGE Silver Stained gel.

Amino acid sequence: The sequence of the first five N-terminal amino acids was determined and was found to be Met-Phe-Asn-Leu-Pro.

Dimers and aggregates: Less than 1% as determined by silver-stained SDS-PAGE gel analysis.

Biological Activity: ProSpec's Recombinan FGF-1 is fully biologically active when compared to standards. The ED50, calculated by the dose-dependant proliferation of BAF3 cells expressing FGF receptors (measured by 3H-thymidine uptake) is less then 10 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of 10 Units/mg.

Endotoxin: Less than 0.1 ng/µg (IEU/µg) of FGF-acidic .

Protein content: Protein quantitation was carried out by two independent methods:

1. UV spectroscopy at 280 nm.
2. Analysis by RP-HPLC, using a standard solution of FGF-acidic as a Reference Standard.

Usage: This material is offered by ProSpec-TechnoGene for research, laboratory or further evaluation purposes.
Gene: Name:FGF1
Synonyms:FGFA

Protein synonyms/aliases: Heparin-binding growth factor 1 precursor (HBGF-1)
(Acidic fibroblastgrowth factor)
(aFGF)
(Beta-endothelial cell growth factor)
(ECGF-beta).

Protein Family: Belongs to the heparin-binding growth factors family.

Protein Domains:

Domains:
IPR002348 Interleukin 1/heparin-binding growth factor

Related proteins: Recombinant Human Keratinocye Growth Factor-2
Recombinant Human Fibroblast Growth Factor-basic
Recombinant Mouse Fibroblast Growth Factor-basic
Recombinant Human Keratinocye Growth Factor
Recombinant Murine Fibroblast Growth Factor-9

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have read many studies and articals lately that state basicly the same as above. Unless Im mistaken, I can not beleive someone hasnt tried this yet? (especially after reading multipul threads about using cow abortion meds!)

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
How about you get some and try it out, then create a log, and report back to the rest of us about the results :)

Or how about posting some results from research studies with contraindications, sides, and results.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ya know- Im sure that that was ment to be sarcastic, but I cant tell.
The reason I was asking was because I was thinking of tring it. But its pretty expensive, around $225, and the doseing seemed a little - coupled with that I read after being reconstatuted it only last for a week.
Im just learning about about growth factors, so, proper protocal on on opening the vile, reconstatuting only half of it at a time,... seems like I could easily find a way to screw that up :)

But- I know me,... I would be guessing that the effects would obviously come after I used it, and I have a few theories on its use I need to work out (involving the best approach for results) -if ya want to help,...

Does it induce signaling for myoblasts, or does it contain them? (in regards to site specific)

If I did a higher volumn of reps, (lessoning tissue damage), would the myoblasts be more prone to form new fibers?? As opposed to going twards repair of the damaged ones from training.

I am also looking for a few more studies (other then describing what it is) to determin an effective dose.

And then, based on above, see if it would even be worth the $225.

I Can post what I come accross from now on if there are enough around that are interested. But so far, there doesnt look like there are many out there who seem interested.
I'll do it for a little while, and you want, I can ... nevermind, I cant PM here.

J

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
is there any research in humans or even mamals? not cells. in vivo.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I know there is. But for the most part its research from the Research companies, thus using a Human version.

At the bottom I have something on Mamals, just the way you like it :)
You take a little of this:

Hepatocyte growth factor. Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a multifunctional cytokine initially described as a mitogen in mature hepatocytes (122). Recently, HGF and its receptor c-Met have been localized to satellite cells and adjacent myofibers but are absent in the adjacent fibroblasts. In addition, HGF expression is proportional to the degree of muscle injury (33, 174, 182). Multiple roles for HGF have been proposed for the regulation of the satellite cell, including a role as a potent chemotactic factor, an activator of the satellite cell, and an inhibitor of myoblast differentiation (Table 3). HGF is capable of activating and selectively promoting satellite cell proliferation (4). Furthermore, HGF administration attenuates satellite cell differentiation through the transcriptional inhibition of the myogenic regulatory factors (i.e., MyoD and myogenin)

Mix in some:
Fibroblast growth factors. Fibroblast growth factor (FGF) has nine different isoforms (FGF-1 to FGF-9). Although many of the FGF isoforms are broadly expressed, FGF-6 is restricted to skeletal muscle (59). Sheehan and Allen (173) investigated in detail the role of the FGF family on satellite cell proliferation in culture. In these studies, it was demonstrated that FGF-1, -2, -4, -6, and -9 stimulated cellular proliferation, whereas FGF-5, -7, and -8 had no mitogenic activity. The investigators further observed that addition of HGF to either FGF-2, -4, -6, or -9 resulted in a synergistic increase in satellite cell proliferation. In addition to an increase in satellite cell proliferation, the FGF family has also been observed to attenuate satellite cell differentiation to myofibers (30, 91, 173, 178).
The release of FGF-2 from the damaged myofibers, like HGF, is proportional to the degree of injury (29). FGF levels are coordinated with FGF receptor expression. When receptor expression is increased, satellite cells propagated in culture demonstrate an increased proliferation and decreased differentiation (160). Conversely, when receptor expression is diminished, proliferation is decreased and there is a concomitant increase in satellite cell differentiation. Interestingly, during the period of satellite cell activation and proliferation (0-48 h after injury), FGF receptor (FGF-R1) mRNA is increased fivefold, and this increase is further enhanced in the presence of HGF (173).

Interleukin-6 cytokines. Leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) and interleukin-6 (IL-6) are members of the IL-6 family of cytokines produced by many different cells, including myoblasts and macrophages. These cytokines share a common receptor component, and their actions are mediated through the same signaling pathways (81, 144). Skeletal muscle regeneration after injury in LIF mutant mice is attenuated, whereas exogenous administration of LIF increased the regenerative process and produced enlarged myofibers (101). The permissive effect of LIF was associated only with the muscle lineage and had no effect on nonmuscle cells in skeletal muscle (101). IL-6 promotes the degradation of necrotic tissue, synchronizes the cell cycle of satellite cells, and induces apoptosis of macrophages following muscle injury (22). Unlike LIF, however, IL-6 expression in injured muscle does not increase satellite cell proliferation (96). Collectively, this family of growth factors appears to play an integral role in skeletal muscle regeneration.
Few animal studies have examined the effect of growth factors in vivo. Chakravarthy et al. (26) observed that local IGF-I administration to atrophied muscle increased satellite cell proliferation and muscle mass within 2 wk. Unlike the observations with IGF-I, the intramuscular injection of HGF, at specified intervals following skeletal muscle injury, increased satellite cell proliferation and either had no effect or impaired the rate of regeneration (124). Similarly, administration of FGF at timed intervals and selected dosages did not appreciably affect muscle regeneration (125). Future studies that combine cell culture methodologies and overexpression or loss of function models using molecular technologies will be helpful in the definition of the role of growth factors in satellite cell biology.

Few animal studies have examined the effect of growth factors in vivo. Chakravarthy et al. (26) observed that local IGF-I administration to atrophied muscle increased satellite cell proliferation and muscle mass within 2 wk. Unlike the observations with IGF-I, the intramuscular injection of HGF, at specified intervals following skeletal muscle injury, increased satellite cell proliferation and either had no effect or impaired the rate of regeneration (124). Similarly, administration of FGF at timed intervals and selected dosages did not appreciably affect muscle regeneration (125). Future studies that combine cell culture methodologies and overexpression or loss of function models using molecular technologies will be helpful in the definition of the role of growth factors in satellite cell biology.

. Resistance training induces muscle hypertrophy through a process of satellite cell activation, proliferation, chemotaxis, and fusion to existing myofibers to contribute to muscle growth (Fig. 4; Ref. 167). The migratory capacity (chemotaxis) of satellite cells is dependent on the integrity of the basal lamina. After the rupture or interruption of the basal lamina in response to myotrauma, satellite cells may migrate to adjacent myofibers utilizing tissue bridges (164, 191). In response to limited myotrauma, where no rupture of the basal lamina occurs, satellite cells migrate from the proximal intact portion of the myofiber, under the basal lamina, to the site of injury to participate in the repair process
Macrophages are essential in the orchestration of the repair process as they secrete a collection of cytokine factors that regulate the satellite cell pool (133). Importantly, in the absence of a macrophage response, muscle regeneration is absent; in the presence of an enhanced macrophage response, there is an increase in satellite cell proliferation and differentiation (110).

Sorry for seemingly posting random crap- but this came from a few days looking for "Something New". ITs a collection of things I cut and pasted in a word doc dealing with sattalite cells and GH's and such. The last part is the begining of of my research into creating the best enviroment for hyperplasia as opposed to hyperplasia.

Im thinking I should camoe up with a better way of peicing it together, but theres a methoed to the madness- to the order I put these things in.