Deer Antler Velvet ? New IGF-1 source ? - AnabolicMinds.com

Deer Antler Velvet ? New IGF-1 source ?

1. <^>

Question Deer Antler Velvet ? New IGF-1 source ?

I was running through products and saw an extract sold of this and decided to "google" it to see the "benefits." I was quite surprised by the studies and info about it. Is this product just hype or actually legitimate ?

Deer velvet antler is now proving to be one of the most beneficial products in natural medicine. Oriental physicians have regarded it as an essential health, energy and sexual tonic for the past 2000 years. The West is now benefiting from deer velvet antler and its range of natural health properties.

Deer velvet antler has been scientifically proven to provide the following benefits:

Improves Immune System functioning
    Improves Athletic Performance and Strength
    Improves Muscle Recovery after exercise
    Is an excellent natural supplement for Womens Health
    Provides Vitality and Anti-ageing properties for Seniors
    Is an alternative natural supplement for Bodybuilding and Weight Training
    Is a superior source of Growth Factors including IGF-1 & IGF-2
    Enhances Sexual Functioning for both men and women
    Is a natural supplement for Arthritis

Monday 21 February 2000

Deer Velvet Boost to Strength and Recovery

The New Zealand Game Industry Board and AgResearch are working hard to prove scientifically - that New Zealand deer velvet may have a positive effect on athletic performance.

Although requiring further examination, the latest human clinical trials (conducted by the Otago University Human Performance Cente on behalf of NZGIB and AgResearch) do indicate a possible link between New Zealand deer velvet and improved athletic performance on two fronts; improved strength and endurance in response to training, and improved recovery from muscle tissue damage associated with exercise.

In the first study, scientists at Otago University Human Performance Centre compared the development of muscle strength and endurance in groups of males taking different forms of New Zealand deer velvet to a control group taking a placebo. In the study, 51 male athletes undertook a 12 week period of supervised training during which strength and endurance were monitored. The group taking a powdered form of New Zealand deer velvet antler showed greater improvements in isokinetic strength and muscular endurance as a result of training than the control group.

The second study was designed to determine what role New Zealand deer velvet antler has in athletic performance by affecting recovery from muscle injury. A substance found in the bloodstream called creatine kinase, was used as an indicator of muscle tissue damage. more.

The thirty athletes in the trial ran downhill on a treadmill to induce muscle tissue damage in the muscles at the front of their thighs. Muscle biopsies and blood samples were then taken.

Those athletes who had been on a course of New Zealand deer velvet powder for two weeks previously showed significantly reduced elevation of creatine kinase levels in their bloodstream, possibly indicating less muscle damage.

A trend also emerged in which athletes taking powdered New Zealand deer velvet reported a recovery from muscle soreness 24 hours earlier than the subjects receiving a placebo. The benefit of this is that they could return to training more quickly. While not yet being a complete picture, the statistically significant results bode well for further research.

Deer velvet is one of the few products where New Zealand accounts for the majority of world trade and any significant advances in the uses of deer velvet will be excellent news for the industry and the New Zealand economy as a whole.

Awareness of New Zealand deer velvet antler and its benefits is already high among New Zealand athletes. Hamish Carter, currently number one ranked triathlete in the World, is a firm advocate.

For further information please contact:

Michael-John ("MJ") Loza, General Manager Marketing, NZGIB Ph (04) 381 6012 Mb (021) 993389

Mark O'Connor, Velvet Manager, NZGIB Ph (04) 381 6013 Mb (025) 743 624

Dr James M Suttie, AgResearch Invermay Ph (03) 489 9228

http://www.deervelvetinformation.org/
    http://www.deervelvet.org/
    http://www.biosynergy.com/IGF.htm

2. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

NO!!!!

The effects of deer antler velvet extract or powder supplementation on aerobic power, erythropoiesis, and muscular strength and endurance characteristics.

Sleivert G, Burke V, Palmer C, Walmsley A, Gerrard D, Haines S, Littlejohn R.

Faculty of Kinesiology, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada E3B 5A3.

To determine the effects of deer antler velvet on maximal aerobic performance and the trainability of muscular strength and endurance, 38 active males were randomly assigned in a double-blind fashion to either deer antler velvet extract (n = 12), powder (n = 13), or placebo groups (n = 13). Subjects were tested prior to beginning supplementation and a 10-week strength program, and immediately post-training. All subjects were measured for circulating levels of testosterone, insulin-like growth factor, erythropoietin, red cell mass, plasma volume, and total blood volume. Additionally, muscular strength, endurance, and VO2max were determined. All groups improved 6 RM strength equivalently (41 +/- 26%, p < .001), but there was a greater increase in isokinetic knee extensor strength (30 +/- 21% vs. 13 +/- 15%, p = .04) and endurance (21 +/- 19% vs. 7 +/- 12%, p = .02) in the powder compared to placebo group. There were no endocrine, red cell mass or VO2max changes in any group. These findings do not support an erythropoetic or aerobic ergogenic effect of deer antler velvet. Further, the inconsistent findings regarding the effects of deer antler velvet powder supplementation on the development of strength suggests that further work is required to test the robustness of the observation that this supplement enhances the strength training response and to ensure this observation is not a type I error.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  3. Board Supporter

well ocourse. peptides do not absorb through the gut
    •   

4. Board Supporter

I saw this ad also. Honestly, after I saw the "Deer Antler" part I closed the window, and continued my search in Yahoo.

Did I here an implication that dosing this orally was bound to fail from the begging??? Hummmm,..
  5. Registered User

When I did a search just now I came up with some penis enlargement pill ads... and that tells me something right there.
  6. <^>

good article adams.

I was just curious. I was just browsing around on supplements and their ingredients and saw that extract in one and google'd it. Glad to know its another "good" product.

Do u know at what dosage there were taking it at ?
  7. New Member

I've tried it and I could tell it did something. It gave me increased acne and a slight increase in sex drive. It feels a lot like DHEA to me.
  8. Anabolic Innovations Owner

WTF?????????????

I read the first post so I ran right out and for the past 6 hours have been chasing down deer and rubbing the velvet off their antlers.

Well I guess I wont bottle it to sell on my website afterall.

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  9. <^>

Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    WTF?????????????

I read the first post so I ran right out and for the past 6 hours have been chasing down deer and rubbing the velvet off their antlers.

Well I guess I wont bottle it to sell on my website afterall.

CROWLER
    hehe.

It didnt work for u ! i thought i felt a momentary pump after the first application

(goes out to chase more deer)

maybe i need a higher dose and concentrate ?

10. Anabolic Innovations Owner

No bro I didn't say it didn't work for me.

It DID> Infact I just looked outside and there are 4 does parading around trying to get me outside but my girl locked the doors.

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  11. Board Supporter

wonder what moose antler velvet would do?????
  12. Banned

Wow this is the oldest attempted source of IGF, not a new one.
  13. Registered User

I've been getting my cardio running down deer here lately and licking their antlers. I lick their antlers then swirl it around my mouth for 45 seconds. I don't know how I'm doing with IGF-1 and all. But I sure do have some great new dating suggestions! No divorced and all clean!! I give a whole new meaning to doe fever!
    Last edited by motiv8er; 01-09-2006 at 12:34 PM.
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I still see a ton of Deer Antler Velvet products all over the internet as a source for growth factor hormones IGF-1, IGF-2. So if this is BS, why is it still selling so well? I mean really, I got 300,000 google hits on this stuff! Has anybody here tried it?
  15. New Member

I know a doctor who swears by it. I remember taking a secretagaue a couple of years ago and my strength increased quickly. It was ultramax gold. Also got leaner.
  16. Advanced Member

I bought some "IGF-1" by NOW for like 8 bucks, it has that deer antler velvet in it and I didnt notice anything. The tablets are really sweet and I think it might have given me a sore throat haha other than that havent noticed a thing. That **** tastes good though, like rasberries.
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by NateWA View Post
    I bought some "IGF-1" by NOW for like 8 bucks, it has that deer antler velvet in it and I didnt notice anything. The tablets are really sweet and I think it might have given me a sore throat haha other than that havent noticed a thing. That **** tastes good though, like rasberries.
    I got that one too! How many tabs are you using, just one?
  18. Senior Member

The gooooooogle ad for this post is "Deer Drive 3D HUNTING Game for PC, Aim for the Trophy Whitetail! FREE download"
  19. Advanced Member

yeah just one usually, I tried 2 before. when are you taking them?
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

yeah just one usually, I tried 2 before. when are you taking them?
    Usually before bed, I admit I have not been consistent with it though. I am using 1-2 also with the sublingual strategy suggested on the label instructions. I think that's the best chance of this working, unless they are ingested on an empty stomach or something.
  21. Advanced Member

haha yeah I kind of chew it a bit then put it under my tongue, You noticed anything? I havent been consistant either
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

I don't think I've noticed any positives yet that I can definitely attribute to the supp (only been about 1 wk) but certainly no negatives at this point either. I like the funky crunch-berry flavor at least, lol.
  23. Advanced Member

haha yeah it is tangy, and delicious
  24. New Member

I think the igf-1 spray gave me a sore throat too and increased acne
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.

Deer velvet worked for me as far as recovery and seems like if i could measure igf1 it would be raised slightly.
  26. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Edit: nm
    Last edited by poopypants; 01-02-2008 at 01:25 AM. Reason: post is almost 2 years old...... eh DUR
  27. New Member

bump

Anyone else try this stuff yet?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Deer antler velvet?
    By trippy1995 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 03-07-2013, 10:51 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-27-2013, 05:10 AM
  3. Replies: 5