a couple slin questions

1. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.08%

a couple slin questions

This stuff is really catching my eye... cheap, effective, legal. I've never actually looked into it, but definately have the determination and discipline to use it.

I had a couple little questions concerning it... does it have to be injected 3x a day like it's recommended, or can it just be injected post workout?

Also, why does everyone recommend low fat with the meals after; from what I recall fats will help stabilize the blood sugar levels but please correct me if I'm wrong

Does this long-term effect insulin production naturally?

also, are there any other long term effects non hypoglycemia related?

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

first off you have to respect slin the max...one screw up and you can end up DEAD.
    low fat is because the fat will be shovelled in the cells just like any other nutrient
    Personally I would do a ton of research before I even though about doing slin..
  3. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Steve325
    This stuff is really catching my eye... cheap, effective, legal. I've never actually looked into it, but definately have the determination and discipline to use it.

I had a couple little questions concerning it... does it have to be injected 3x a day like it's recommended, or can it just be injected post workout?

Also, why does everyone recommend low fat with the meals after; from what I recall fats will help stabilize the blood sugar levels but please correct me if I'm wrong

Does this long-term effect insulin production naturally?

also, are there any other long term effects non hypoglycemia related?
    Not sure where the 3X/day comes from. Probably because average people eat 3X/day. So yes you can take it only PWO.

Adding fat to a carb meal will slow down the absorption which contravenes current PWO nutrition theory. Additionally elevated insulin levels and fat intake can lead to increases in adipose tissue. The stabilizing of blood sugars is more of a diabetic issue and is not that big of a problem if you are using good, low GI carbs (ie. ditch the dextrose and maltodextrin).

The evidence that I have heard that insulin usage leads to diabetes is only anecdotal. There are not the same negative feedback issues as when using androgens. In contradiction, my doctor says there is evidence that insulin usage among type 2's suggests that it can preserve existing insulin function. So maybe, maybe not.
    •   

4. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.08%

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew D
    first off you have to respect slin the max...one screw up and you can end up DEAD.
    low fat is because the fat will be shovelled in the cells just like any other nutrient
    Personally I would do a ton of research before I even though about doing slin..
    I completely respect it and understand all the consequences of it. I've read through all the stickies, and have a good understanding of insulin in general
  5. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.08%

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox
    Not sure where the 3X/day comes from. Probably because average people eat 3X/day. So yes you can take it only PWO.

Adding fat to a carb meal will slow down the absorption which contravenes current PWO nutrition theory. Additionally elevated insulin levels and fat intake can lead to increases in adipose tissue. The stabilizing of blood sugars is more of a diabetic issue and is not that big of a problem if you are using good, low GI carbs (ie. ditch the dextrose and maltodextrin).

The evidence that I have heard that insulin usage leads to diabetes is only anecdotal. There are not the same negative feedback issues as when using androgens. In contradiction, my doctor says there is evidence that insulin usage among type 2's suggests that it can preserve existing insulin function. So maybe, maybe not.
    I read it in one of the stickies, it was something along the lines of "Insulin should be taken in the morning, mid-day, and post-workout"

I wasn't suggesting adding fat to the post workout shake (dextrose+whey) itself, just the meal AFTER the shake
  6. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

If your physiology is such that insulin works well for you then more than once per day should be better.

Humalog peaks in about 2 hours so you want to avoid high fat meals during that time. If you use low GI carbs PWO then you probably dont need that secondary meal to avoid hypoglycemia.
  7. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.08%

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox
    If your physiology is such that insulin works well for you then more than once per day should be better.

Humalog peaks in about 2 hours so you want to avoid high fat meals during that time. If you use low GI carbs PWO then you probably dont need that secondary meal to avoid hypoglycemia.
    gotcha, if I get the balls to do it I'm going to do the humalog (starting at 4u+1 each day until 10u is reached) and do a dextrose/whey shake first, and then shoot the insulin next, and a complex carb/lean protein meal 1 hour, and then another complex carb/lean protein meal

I'm still wondering if this is worth doing solo/without the use of AAS, anyone with some hands on experience here?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Couple of Questions
    By Ramble in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-19-2004, 10:03 PM
  2. A couple stupid questions......
    By gobig1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-23-2004, 07:26 PM
  3. I got a coupl of questions fellas.....
    By Big_Red in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2003, 04:46 PM
  4. Slin question
    By NE1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-21-2003, 11:20 PM
  5. Couple Basic Questions
    By pogue in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 06:57 PM