Safety of IGF-1 Anybody have info?

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I have been reading up on IGF-1 and like everything that I'm reading about. I talked to a friend of mine who may want to do it here in the near future but is a little skeptical as far as it's safety, sides etc.... Can anyone give me or direct me to information that I can show him so I can set his mind at ease on this? Studies on humans perhaps? Thanks guys. If it's already here, I haven't read enough, I know.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
The stickies above are about the best place I know of to look for info.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Your right, I'm still in there. Thanks Beo, I have that book by Klatz. I have to go dig it up.

DarkDragon

Awards
Check out the log that DarkAngel and I did. If we had anything weird at all happen, (which we didnt) we posted it in there. The only side that I saw was a 5/8 increase on my arms. :head:

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
5/8 That's it? Just kidding. I will go through your logs and then figure out what he should do. I sent him like 10 threads(including yours) from here so he could bone up on it. He's a little weary about ordering it over the internet as well. Thanks DD
Hey, do you know what the dose for females would be?

DarkDragon

Awards
Hey, do you know what the dose for females would be?
I have no idea what the dosing for females would be, I don't even know if I personally recommend it. DarkAngel and I did 10mcg bilat so it was 5mcg per body group that just worked out. That is the lowest I have ever seen done, some have done 40mcg bilat. I got just as good of results running it @10.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
most run 40mcg their first time... some go as high as 100mcg. People are trying 20mcg due to a few posts on this board. Either way, I see nothing but good sides when using it. People are sketched out about it accelerating pre-existing cancer, but if you have cancer already, you're going to have to deal with it anyways.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
A lot of females use 20mcg. Those that do seem to absolutely love it, as it is highly anabolic and absolutely non-androgenic.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I did a google search and that's what seemed to pop up about IGF-1.(accelerating the growth of cancer cells) What people fail to realize sometimes is that they are also speeding up the aging process by taking AAS. Thanks U

20 mcg, sounds like a plan. My wife wants to "Have a bowflex body" lol so maybe she'll be trying this. Not like I've been pushing her or anything. Do it! C'mon! It's just a little needle. I'll clean the house if you do it. Thanks Grunt.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Heh I have a girlfriend who used it with great success. Localize (glute) growth, overall leanness, etc.

tanto

Awards
What people fail to realize sometimes is that they are also speeding up the aging process by taking AAS..
What? Can you elaborate on that alittle more? I am under the impression that AAS are used as anti aging treatments.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
What? Can you elaborate on that alittle more? I am under the impression that AAS are used as anti aging treatments.
Sure. Steroids are used for HRT(Hormone Replacement Therapy) where a guy for example has low testosterone levels. By giving him test injections to bring them to normal levels, you aren't adding years to his life unless you take into consideration what kind of years he would have without it. With HRT, you are looking to achieve a better quality of life. I hope you don't think that Decca,Winstrol are going to add years to your life. They're not.

When you take steroids, you are putting stress on the body.We're born, we grow old and we die. With AAS, you are asking your body to grow at a different rate. Your body has to now support what has been changed. You have heard people say everything in moderation. When you drink, you are putting stress on the body. Fast food, smoking, staying out until 6 in the morning partying (been there), all speed up the aging process. If you are going do AAS on regular basis, clean up your diet, don't smoke, drink in moderation and don't stay out every night. Eliminate as many outside stressors to your body.

If someone wants to correct something here, please do.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sure. Steroids are used for HRT(Hormone Replacement Therapy) where a guy for example has low testosterone levels. By giving him test injections to bring them to normal levels, you aren't adding years to his life unless you take into consideration what kind of years he would have without it. With HRT, you are looking to achieve a better quality of life. I hope you don't think that Decca,Winstrol are going to add years to your life. They're not.

When you take steroids, you are putting stress on the body.We're born, we grow old and we die. With AAS, you are asking your body to grow at a different rate. Your body has to now support what has been changed. You have heard people say everything in moderation. When you drink, you are putting stress on the body. Fast food, smoking, staying out until 6 in the morning partying (been there), all speed up the aging process. If you are going do AAS on regular basis, clean up your diet, don't smoke, drink in moderation and don't stay out every night. Eliminate as many outside stressors to your body.

If someone wants to correct something here, please do.
that sounds correct, if I remember correctly from a biology class I took two years ago this is kind of why ectomorph's are supposed to have shorter lifes than endo's, b/c their metabolism's are faster.