IGF-1 at room temp

A

acecombact1

Awards
is igf-1 stable in room temp or it should be kept cold?!

N

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
I think most keep it cooled to be safe but here is a study done on the stability of igf in different storage temps.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The stability of a liquid solution of LR3IGF-I was monitored for a period of two years at storage conditions of -20 C, +4 C, +22 C, and +37 C. The final concentration of LR3IGF-I was in acetic acid. At various time points, samples were taken and compared to a lyophilized control (stored at 4 C). Listed below are the stability results for each respective storage condition.

Storage Condition: -20 C (-4 F)
Biological Potency No Change up to 2 years
Immunological Activity No Change up to 2 years
Mobility of Protein No Change up to 2 years
Elution Profile by reversed phased HPLC No Change up to 2 years

Storage Condition: +4 C (39.2 F)

Storage Condition: +22 C (71.6 F)

Storage Condition: +37 C (98.6 F)
Biological Potency No Change up to 1 year
Immunological Activity No Change up to 1 year
Mobility of Protein No Change up to 1 year
Elution Profile by reversed phased HPLC No Change up to 1 year

But for most, just to be safe why not keep it in the fridge.

J

juggernaut333

Awards
  • Established
is igf-1 stable in room temp or it should be kept cold?!

In powder form it is stable in a variety of temps and conditions.Also when it is properly suspended in its proper ph environment of acetic acid.One should NEVER use BA to reconsitute igf imo.

Storage, Taken from MR
The stability of a liquid solution of LR3IGF-I was monitored for a period of two years at storage conditions of -20 C, +4 C, +22 C, and +37 C. The final concentration of LR3IGF-I was in acetic acid. At various time points, samples were taken and compared to a lyophilized control (stored at 4 C). Listed below are the stability results for each respective storage condition.

Storage Condition: -20 C (-4 F)

Storage Condition: +4 C (39.2 F)

Storage Condition: +22 C (71.6 F)

Storage Condition: +37 C (98.6 F)
Biological Potency No Change up to 1 year
Immunological Activity No Change up to 1 year
Mobility of Protein No Change up to 1 year
Elution Profile by reversed phased HPLC No Change up to 1 year
In conclusion
There is no significant difference in the potency of LR3IGF-I associated with the storage of the liquid formulation when stored at this range of temperatures. There is no evidence for loss of biological activity at any of the tested temperatures when stored as a liquid product. As you can see IGF can be quite stable for even a year at room temp, but if you want to keep it around for a while stick it into the fridge. So IMO the best way to store LR3 that is suspended in BA is in the freezer. The BA wont allow it to freeze. And if you have it suspended in AA, store it in the fridge.

J

juggernaut333

Awards
  • Established
LOL u beat me to it bro by about a second :)
I keep mine in the fridge just as a safe gaurd especially once mixed.But in stable powder form I believe you are much safer against degradation.Enough that I wouldnt worry about it for a limited period of time during shipping at least.

N

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
LOL u beat me to it bro by about a second :)
I keep mine in the fridge just as a safe gaurd especially once mixed.But in stable powder form I believe you are much safer against degradation.Enough that I wouldnt worry about it for a limited period of time during shipping at least.
It was a good thought though. ;)

B

BigBill

Awards
Wow, that is some great information to know! I was three days into my cycle of IGF when hurricane Katrina blew through my town of New Orleans. I took the IGF with me, but it has been at room temp ever since. I thought that it was no good, but now it seems like it might be okay from what you just posted. Thanks for the information.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
On a similar note, I've read that the powder is far more stable than the premixed, but the majority of what is advertised on MR is premixed. Does it really matter?

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
In regards to the premixed Beowulf, as long as you don't do anything to alter the PH of the solution, it should be stable enough. The peptide bond is very fragile and degrades if not kept at a proper PH. AA does this. BA doesn't, from what I have heard and read. Also don't shake the **** out of it. lol

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
yeah, i heard there is the potential for damage during shipping. Don't want to break that 80 amino acid chain. Yikes!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tobias Sherman IGF-1/GH 16
J IGF-1/GH 2
S Anabolics 1
P IGF-1/GH 12
S IGF-1/GH 6