IGF Side effects

1. Registered User
    Answers

IGF Side effects

Hey guys, need some help with this. I am going to come off an 8 week cycle of Test Prop and Tren Enanthate, I was looking into doing a month of IGF1 for PCT to help keep strength and lean down a little bit. Is it true that IGF can cause cancer or make it worse if you already have some without knowing it? If it is true how much bigger of a problem would you have? I am all about trying this stuff out I just don't want to have a problem for the rest of my life with any type of disease. All comments would be appreciated.

2. Banned
    Answers

I suggest some reading. Discussed at length here.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks for your suggestion but I have read plenty and am still a little un-clear on the question I have asked so I was hoping for some opinions on the matter from people with expierence with the drug
    •   

4. Banned
    Answers

IGF-1 will cause growth of new cells. ANY new cells. They pretty much all respond to IGF-1. But cancer cells are crazy about mitosis (the process of division into new cells), in fact, they are downright insane about it. That's what cancer IS. Taking IGF-1 will accelerate the process.

How big a problem you will have depends on which type of cancer but of course taking IGF-1 will compound the problem to a LARGE degree. How large, who knows. Hey, your body makes IGF-1 already, don't you know. And if you have cancer, well tough luck you have it. IGF-1 won't change that but it might make it easier to detect it, as in growing quickly instead of slowly and passing unnoticed until it's too late. Possibly.

Bottom line, if you are a higher-risk candidate for cancer, don't take IGF-1!!!
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks man I appreciate your comments
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Sorry to rehash an old thread, but if the candidate is young, is there less chance of a cancer presence, therefore the risk of igf is reduced. Theoretically of course.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

i'm no pro, but i think the basic idea is that IF you have cancer, injecting IGF will make it grow like crazy, however if you dont have cancer you're most likely fine as when/if you get cancer when you're old it most likely wont matter since your IGF levels get back to normal shortly after you stop using IGF

bottom line, if your worried, get checked to make sure you dont have any cancer, otherwise your'e most likely set,
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

I will do some searching, but somewhere here, there is a very good write up claiming that the IGF/Cancer link is bull$hit. I believe it has something to do with cancer cells making thier own IGF internally, and external IGF has no effect on them, or something like that.

Not saying its true, but was a very interesting writeup.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    I will do some searching, but somewhere here, there is a very good write up claiming that the IGF/Cancer link is bull$hit. I believe it has something to do with cancer cells making thier own IGF internally, and external IGF has no effect on them, or something like that.

try to find it if you could bc i would def. like to read up on it
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Who said that ... sounds like non-sens to me.

The insulin-like growth factor1 (IGF1) pathway plays a significant role in both the normal and malignant cell growth. IGF1 binds to the IGF1 receptor and starts a signaling cascade that regulates cell proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis.

For example, the insulin-like growth factors (IGFs) are mitogens for many cancer cell types. In breast cancer cells, IGF-I and IGF-II have both been shown to stimulate cell proliferation. However, IGF-I mRNA has not been found in human breast cancer cell lines, making it unlikely that IGF-I is commonly expressed as an autocrine growth factor for breast cancer cells. Nevertheless, IGF-I mRNA can be detected in breast cancer tissue samples, and in situ hybridization studies have shown that the message originates from the stromal cells adjacent to normal lobules.

Cancer cells have an autocrine production of igf, and do also respond to endogenous (liver) igf.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Ok, here's part of it. Check out post #139 here: My take on IGF-1

There is more somewhere else, but there is a ****LOAD of info to sift through.
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Ok, here's part of it. Check out post #139 here: My take on IGF-1

There is more somewhere else, but there is a ****LOAD of info to sift through.
    There is at least one example that goes against what he is saying, see my previous post about breast cancer cells.

And, although, yes I can agree to some extent with what Grunt is saying (autocrine igf production), exogenous igf will create a favorable environement for cancer development.

In a normal environement, most cancer cells go through a process called apoptosis, aka programmed suicide, therefor most cancer cell disappear before even endangering our health. Now, when introducing exogenous igf, you block the apoptotic pathway, making sure to give enough time for those fragile, young cancer cells to develop.

While, autocrine igf plays a major role in cancer cells, exogenous igf does play an important role too.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

I understand what you are saying. But I think there would be a $hitload of bodybuilders walking around with advanced cancer if it was that much of a threat. All people have some cancerous cells.

I think Grunt said it best, If you are predisposed to having cancer, then don't take IGF-1.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What the freak!! Igf side effects.
    By turbofish in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 05:39 AM
  2. IGF 1 are there any side effects?
    By jakekunedo in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 03:28 PM
  3. Weird side effect with aPCT+IGF-2 stack
    By bludevil in forum Supplements