New to IGF need help from Pros

4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The 4thHorseman
Awards
  • This is a quote from a IGF related website and was wondering if this is relevant to all IGF."Any form of IGF is ONLY supplied in a lyphosized form, which means a dry powder state. NEVER PURCHASE PRE-DILUTED LIQUID IGF!!!! There is no such product made anywhere in the world and even if there were real IGF ever present in the vial it would all be dead by the time you receive it. "
  • Also if there someone who can help me with a conversion from IU's to mcg? If there is such a conversion. (i.e. mcg/IU)
  • One more question and this noob will be out of your hair. Is the product which I am interested in,human grade long r3 igf-1 in diluted form, something to stay away from?

Thanks in advance.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
1) Well, that was probably stated before AA was introduced to IGF-1 ;) Stays good for some time in AA....I've heard well over 6 months before. i think MR said maybe even 2 years.

2) I've only seen IGF-1 sold in 1mg increments, and the dosing normall starts around 40mcg/day for beginners, so I'm not sure there is any IU to mcg conversion. Usually IU's vary in mass concentration from product to product. I.E. 1000IU of B-12 is probalby going to have a different mass than 10000IU of hGH.

3) No, its fine. One of our board sponsors (Muscle Research) provides great IFG-1 in pre-diluted AA. Most users ask for 1mL of extra AA with their order, so its easier to dose the IGF-1 in a 1mg/2mL concentration (500mcg/mL is the unit relationship). This way you can use 1/10th of an insulin needle, 10 tick marks (100marks == 1cc / 1mL), to dose 50mcg.

4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The 4thHorseman
Awards
Thanks kwyckemynd00, man you were up late answering that post!
That information helps me out alot. If you do hear of any IU to mcg conversion,
please let me know! Thanks again bud..

4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The 4thHorseman
Awards
conversion help please mg/mcg?

if we have .05 mg this = what in mcg?

thank you

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
1000mcg = 1mg, therefore, to find your desired number in mcg, you would do this:

0.05mg . . . 1000mcg
------- x ---------- = 50mcg/unit
1unit . . . . . .1mg

I've never seen IGF dosed in IU's before, bro...so, I can't help. I don't even think it "should" be dosed in IUs.

4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The 4thHorseman
Awards
Thanks again kwyckemynd00, this is what i needed. To help you understand wtf I am asking :) and to shed light on the conversion problem I was having, this is what I have been doing for years. First off I am 40+, and have been using Hgh since October 2002. I have had wonderful results and been running around and acting like most of the kids around here :) Anyway, I have been using an insulin doser by Nordipen. It has a dosing dial at the end of a plunger. The cartridge in the pen is a 1.5ml vial. The Nordipen dial uses mg units. For example, when I need a 3IU dose I dial the plunger to 1mg, pull back the plunger, press a button on the side of the plunger and pop...autoinject, and all is good.

I have had great success with this device and want to keep using it with the Nordipen if possible. I just wanted know about the conversion so that I can continue to use the pen. So you see I am not dosing in IUs' it is actually in mgs'. Sp what I am going to do is for my first week of IGF with the NordiPen I will dial the dosage to.05mg to get my 50mcg.

So if you think that there is a problem with the conversion please let me know. Hey thanks again for all your help. You have been extremely helpful.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hi 4th horseman, you used 3IUs GH ED? also that insulin doser by Nordipen sounds cool, any more info? how did the IGF work out?

4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The 4thHorseman
Awards
Hi 4th horseman, you used 3IUs GH ED? also that insulin doser by Nordipen sounds cool, any more info? how did the IGF work out?
Hi Judge, Yes I have used the 3IU ED for a long time now. I started years ago and fortunately for me I have been able to maintain without feeling the money burn.:cheers:
I am 42 and I am literally watching all my friends grow old around me. The auto dose and plunger injection system works great. There are a few different companies that make them now,but back when I
started there was only the Nordipen. It is simple to use, literally dial your dose amount, pullback the plunger and press a button on the side of the doser, and inject. The same
dose accurately everytime. The IGF for me is still in the early stages and I have been only using the recommended first cycle dosing of 50mcg. I am also using the same insulin doser with a 1/2 inch pen
tip to hit the muscle. When I use the GH I use the 1/4in pen tip. I hope this helps.

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
PLEASE Keep us updated. I know I've been wanting to see a less young person with preloaded hGH doing the IGF thang for a long time. I think you absolutely gonna LOVE this.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
thanks for the reply! can you explain a little how you use the device? how do you "fill" it?

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
1) Well, that was probably stated before AA was introduced to IGF-1 ;) Stays good for some time in AA....I've heard well over 6 months before. i think MR said maybe even 2 years.
It's good for a year in BA. So the AA comment is kinda misinformed. But I agree, that was written before IGF became commonly distributed.

4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The 4thHorseman
Awards
Heh, I like that SS "less young person" politely put :clap2:
Anyway I will definetly keep all you "younger persons"
in the loop on how it is going. Like I said, I am literally watching all
my friends grow old around me. I am knocking on wood as I am writing this
but I have NOT been sick in almost two years. Not a cold, flu nothing. I honestly
believe the Hgh is the reason for this. No grey hair, very little sign of aging skin (wrinkles etc.)
Great sleep habits, wonderful dreams...:thumbsup: and just a great overall outlook on things. Life is great.
I know this all sounds like an upsale for the Hgh!!
Again this is in comparison with my friends who in turn are all my age or a year or two older.
I am at the gym 3 to 4 days weekly for 1 hour... weights only, play fast pitch softball twice a week, with guys in their
late 20s and early 30s....and keeping them on their toes.

I will keep all informed on the IGF progress and will post pre cycle info before I start.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
What about AA again n4cer? :)

It's good for a year in BA. So the AA comment is kinda misinformed. But I agree, that was written before IGF became commonly distributed.
Storage, Taken from MR
The stability of a liquid solution of LR3IGF-I was monitored for a period of two years at storage conditions of -20 C, +4 C, +22 C, and +37 C. The final concentration of LR3IGF-I was in acetic acid. At various time points, samples were taken and compared to a lyophilized control (stored at 4 C). Listed below are the stability results for each respective storage condition.

Storage Condition: -20 C (-4 F)

Biological Potency No Change up to 2 years
Immunological Activity No Change up to 2 years
Mobility of Protein No Change up to 2 years
Elution Profile by reversed phased HPLC No Change up to 2 years

Storage Condition: +4 C (39.2 F)

Storage Condition: +22 C (71.6 F)

Storage Condition: +37 C (98.6 F)
Biological Potency No Change up to 1 year
Immunological Activity No Change up to 1 year
Mobility of Protein No Change up to 1 year
Elution Profile by reversed phased HPLC No Change up to 1 year

In conclusion
There is no significant difference in the potency of LR3IGF-I associated with the storage of the liquid formulation when stored at this range of temperatures. There is no evidence for loss of biological activity at any of the tested temperatures when stored as a liquid product. As you can see IGF can be quite stable for even a year at room temp, but if you want to keep it around for a while stick it into the fridge.So IMO the best way to store LR3 that is suspended in BA is in the freezer. The BA wont allow it to freeze. And if you have it suspended in AA, store it in the fridge.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How's that owned? It came from the company's web site who uses that method as its selling point. It's irrelevant.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
How's that owned? It came from the company's web site who uses that method as its selling point. It's irrelevant.
I wasn't trying for any "pwnage" lol...

But, I'm a bit confused by your response. Do you not believe the information?

I simply said IGF1 in AA can be stored for X time and you said I was misinformed, so I brought some info that was relevant to the thread and confirms I wasn't pulling info out of my ass.

edit: And what selling point? He basically gave info for storage in both AA and BA. He's not selling it in BA; MR prefers AA, that's all.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry. I wasn't clear.
I was saying that your original post indicated that it stays good in AA but not in BA. I was simply refuting that. Not trying to be difficult. I just wanted to make sure that we don't misinform people - BA has worked excellently for YEARS now to keep IGF fresh and working. Although AA works great too.