Slin Questions

Mr X

Awards
I've never tried Slin, and am curious about it and want to learn. I've read some stickys, done some research, and have some questions. My first question is, what kind of gains can be expected when using Slin in terms of muscle growth and strength? Also, I'm not sure how accurate this is, so I'm asking, I was told that after using Slin you become a diabetic? Is that true? If so, are there ways around that? Also, this makes me wonder, is there any special way to come off Slin, or do you just stop taking it?

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
I'm not an experienced slin user but I'll try my best to answer your questions.

Do you become a diabetic by using slin? Not likely. Although some have suggested that long term use can lead to diabetes in the future.

Predicting the gains on slin is near impossible. It entirely depends on how good your diet and training are. Slin is a shuttle really that gets nutrients into body cells so that they are available for repair and growth. If the nutrients are available and correct training has lead to the need for them then slin can work wonders.

Coming off? Just stop taking it. Simple as that.

Mr X

Awards
I'm not an experienced slin user but I'll try my best to answer your questions.

Do you become a diabetic by using slin? Not likely. Although some have suggested that long term use can lead to diabetes in the future.

Predicting the gains on slin is near impossible. It entirely depends on how good your diet and training are. Slin is a shuttle really that gets nutrients into body cells so that they are available for repair and growth. If the nutrients are available and correct training has lead to the need for them then slin can work wonders.

Coming off? Just stop taking it. Simple as that.
Thank you for your reply.

I have also read that it's not very effective, atleast not worth taking, unless taken with AAS or Prohormones, how truthful is that statement?

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Slin works quite well on it's own. It is THE most anabolic hormone in the body. However it is best used along with AAS because it enhances their effects. On top of that it's a dangerous hormone to mess with. If you don't know exactly what you are doing then it can kill you in a manor of minutes. On the other hand if you grossly overdue the carb usage to "be sure" you will get fat as hell.

Mr X

Awards
Slin works quite well on it's own. It is THE most anabolic hormone in the body. However it is best used along with AAS because it enhances their effects. On top of that it's a dangerous hormone to mess with. If you don't know exactly what you are doing then it can kill you in a manor of minutes. On the other hand if you grossly overdue the carb usage to "be sure" you will get fat as hell.
If I were to do Slin, I'd be more worried about myself getting fat as hell, as I would make absolute sure not to underdo it and risk death. What's a good way to determine how much carbs can be consumed within the time period Slin is active without getting fat?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Coming off insulin can lead to going into diabetic shock several days after being off if you exert yourself a lot. Happened to myself a couple of times but I always carry lifesavers or jelly beans on me in case of anything. Be cautious even several hours after taking it if you feel fine. the insulin depending on which you get can last 8 hours after the injection. Also don't do any exercising after taking it...I know not all in your questiosn but I figured I would throw in some advice anyways :)

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Coming off insulin can lead to going into diabetic shock several days after being off if you exert yourself a lot. Happened to myself a couple of times but I always carry lifesavers or jelly beans on me in case of anything. Be cautious even several hours after taking it if you feel fine. the insulin depending on which you get can last 8 hours after the injection. Also don't do any exercising after taking it...I know not all in your questiosn but I figured I would throw in some advice anyways :)
I believe the key to solving this problem is to only use Humalog as it is only active for up to 4 hours.

I think, and this is coming from my very poor memory that the recommended is 50g of carbs for every IU of insulin taken. Don't take that as gospel though, do some searching around. basskilleronline.com has a great article on insulin use that might be helpfull.

dego

Awards
I believe the key to solving this problem is to only use Humalog as it is only active for up to 4 hours.

I think, and this is coming from my very poor memory that the recommended is 50g of carbs for every IU of insulin taken. Don't take that as gospel though, do some searching around. basskilleronline.com has a great article on insulin use that might be helpfull.
10g per IU is standard but you may want to try 15g per iu if you are nervous and this is your first time.

Start low... say 2iu and work up to your desired dosage (say 6iu) then once you are comfortable with this start bringing the number of carbs per IU down. Insulin sensitivity varries wildly so don't ask for specific numbers this is very much a ymmv kind of situation. SLOW CHANGES EVERYTIME your own insulin sensitivity can change pretty drasticaly so don't just try and jump back to where you were after time off.

I don't like the idea of using insulin all the time so I only use it post work out. This gives you the most bang for your buck and limits the damage you do to your insulin sensitivity.

Now we all are prone to the more is better mentality and insulin does get MARGINALLY better with higher doses, up to a point. Remember that insulin isn't tissue specific... all that glucose has to go somewhere and fat tissue is an absolute sponge. Also keep in mind that as you increase the dose of insulin you have to increase your carb intake..... how much carb load your body can take before you start turning into a fat bastard is up to you to decide. Again, start low and work up.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
For me slin by itself didn't do anything but make me fat.

Mr X like most supplements, AS etc different people will react differently to different things.

I would however pay attention to guys who have ACTUALLY used it and not just read about what it does.

CROWLER

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
....I would however pay attention to guys who have ACTUALLY used it and not just read about what it does.

CROWLER
Bump that! I couldn't aggree more. Theory and reality are rarely in full aggreement.

bubba04

Awards
it took me about 8 months of reading and debating to use or not use slin.....once i did i loved it....i ran a really strict diet and i felt i had good gains in terms of muscle gain and strength......nothing like AAS or PH but still a little faster growth then normal....i also leaned up a good deal to while adding about 5 lbs.

i would think long and hard about it before you decide to use it.....and if you do make sure you keep some glucose tabs handy....you may need them