humalog, humulinR, or both?

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
humalog or humulinr and is humalog otc?
I'd use (and do use) humalog, it's easier to plan around.. although if you had a incredibly clean, and frequent eating schedule. Humulin R would probably give you better results.. But it's to much of a hassle for most people.

I'd stick with humalog around post workout, and potentially breakfast. (assuming its low fat).

Humalog is otc in Canada... I don't believe it is in the states however.

p.s. do a **** loads upon **** loads of research before you attempt either.

NEMO1975

Awards
I already use humulinR and have had good results it's just somtimes my chick has exercise classes later in the evening, so when were done it's like 9:30 10 o clock and thats way to late for humR,, and I figured if I had a shorter lasting one I can use it on those nights.

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I already use humulinR and have had good results it's just somtimes my chick has exercise classes later in the evening, so when were done it's like 9:30 10 o clock and thats way to late for humR,, and I figured if I had a shorter lasting one I can use it on those nights.
I workout after supper.. and at one point there was times I didn't finish till 10 or so... humalog is a good way to go for that sort of thing. You should have a fairly good idea if your going to have a problem or not by the hour mark... As long as you know how much carbs you need and feel fine by the hour mark, and have lots of injections under your belt... I don't have a problem sleeping 1+ hours after.

But you probably know all that, and just want to know if you can use both. I don't believe there is a problem taking one kind in the morning and the other at night.

bullydog

Awards
That what some of the more knowledgable people have been doing. They use R in the morning because it works better (lasts longer, humalog supposedly peaks too quickly) but then take Log after a workout when they need something that kicks in quickly and doesn't stick around too long.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IGF-1/GH 2
IGF-1/GH 0
mark118 IGF-1/GH 22
medicone Anabolics 1
IGF-1/GH 1