GH and rotator cuff surgery

dgelz

Awards
First post, so take it easy on the rookie.
Here's my story. 40 year old father of two young children. Into weightlifting and overall general health, though I have a couple drinks every night. I have a slight tear in my left rotator cuff stemming from a "bar muscle up" exercise I didn't properly warm up for...it's been 10 months of pain ever since.
Doctor says I need to do the surgery. I'm not opposed, and would actually love to get my shoulder back to normal. I've been interested in supplementing my rehab with GH, though...which is what brought me here. What do you think the odds are my doctor would prescribe it to me? I've read several posts on other forums about guys in my situation having great results, so I'm thinking I could persuade my doctor to possibly hook me up.
I guess I'm just looking for thoughts at this point. Like I said, this is my first post, and I have a lot to learn. Figured you guys might have some decent advice. Thanks in advance for your constructive advice.

Justfish

Justfish

Awards
Listen to your doc do the surgery or you'll never be 100%. If you are ok with being in pain for years then after 2 years only being at 85% don't do it. Take it from someone who wishes they had done it. You will actually be in less pain and you'll heal way faster with surgery. I would start on growth hormone right away and schedule the appointment right away. There are plenty of places to get hgh online. Do some research online there are plenty of places to get it. Or just go out of country and get a prescription there then ship it home with script. You can go to Mexico and see a doc there to get a script and fill at a pharmacy there. It's almost impossible to get a doc to write a script for hgh in US.

dgelz

Awards
I'm definitely going to have the surgery...it's hard to really do any heavy lifting without constant pain that night and following day. Oddly enough, the Nurse called to schedule the surgery today. I'm putting it off until after we get back from New Years in Cabo San Lucas. 2nd week of January. Might try some places in the cabo area.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Always do cables or bands, dumbells with shoulders and no overhead press ever! Dont go much higher than your head with your exercises.

Bars, machines are a big no no. Good luck and I would look in to running Ostarine with some Peptides during your recovery. I dont think your going to find the real deal HGH

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Always do cables or bands, dumbells with shoulders and no overhead press ever! Dont go much higher than your head with your exercises.

Bars, machines are a big no no. Good luck and I would look in to running Ostarine with some Peptides during your recovery. I dont think your going to find the real deal HGH
What's your reasoning for no machines? That's literally the only thing that's a good idea to get started back on.

I'm three and a half months post shoulder surgery and am only using machines. I tore my labrum. No overhead press of any kind. I can do dumbbell side raises and rear felt flies llightly.

The only dumbbells I use are for curls, side raises, and shrugs. I'm going to start using barbell for rows here soon.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Look into BPC 157. I used that for 4 weeks post surgery and made great progress in physical therapy.

dgelz

Awards
Look into BPC 157. I used that for 4 weeks post surgery and made great progress in physical therapy.
Great! Another thing to research!!! lol. I'll definitely look into it, though I'm really looking forward to trying gh. been researching the hell out of it lately. From what I've found, it should not only help with post op recovery, but also help with other things I'd like to see improvement on...fat loss, quicker recovery from workouts, "youthfulness", etc.

dgelz

Awards

Couple things...
1. the cables and bands...you're talking post surgery recovery workouts, right? The plan is to have the surgery so I can get back into proper olympic weight lifting. Bars are my life!!! Please clarify.
2. finding the real deal hgh? Still new, so I may not have the inside scoop, but the current plan is to get some at costco while I'm in Cabo this new years. Pharma is the only way I really want to go. However, I recently heard about a place in hollywood I can go to get a pretty easy prescription. Not sure of the costs for this, but a little more investigation might yield some answers. Thoughts? thanks in advance

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Your physical therapist will help you get back into lifting if you ask.

Mine told me to start out at 20-30% of my pre surgery weight and only do lat pulldowns and seated machine rows. I could do dumbbell curls and tricep cable pushdowns as well. A few weeks later she released me to do basically any machine, but no shoulder press. Any pushing movement will be the last thing you are allowed to do most likely.

They'll help you put together a program based on how they think you're doing in PT.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What's your reasoning for no machines? That's literally the only thing that's a good idea to get started back on.

I'm three and a half months post shoulder surgery and am only using machines. I tore my labrum. No overhead press of any kind. I can do dumbbell side raises and rear felt flies llightly.

The only dumbbells I use are for curls, side raises, and shrugs. I'm going to start using barbell for rows here soon.
Machines tend to confine your movements to a strict angle/access whereas dumbells and bands allow you flexibility to alter your angles, access if you feel any pain. Of course we are talking light weight though. I tore my first labrum using a bench press attached to the 2 bars. Was young and dumb. When I see people using this in the gym I want to tell them they are playing with fire.

If your on a machine and your labrum catches bone because the machine movement is fixed there is not much chance for the labrum to slide off. When your using bands and dumbells the movement is never consistent so there is much better chance for the labrum to slide off the bone given the uneven pattern of your lift. Also if you feel any kind of discomfort you will instinctively alter your angle, trajectory etc.. to the movement. A machine will not allow you to do this.

Some machines carry momentum so you feel pain and try to stop but you continue to move the shoulder even if for an inch or 2. Thats all it takes.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Couple things...
1. the cables and bands...you're talking post surgery recovery workouts, right? The plan is to have the surgery so I can get back into proper olympic weight lifting. Bars are my life!!! Please clarify.
2. finding the real deal hgh? Still new, so I may not have the inside scoop, but the current plan is to get some at costco while I'm in Cabo this new years. Pharma is the only way I really want to go. However, I recently heard about a place in hollywood I can go to get a pretty easy prescription. Not sure of the costs for this, but a little more investigation might yield some answers. Thoughts? thanks in advance
Yes post surgery. See my comments above but bars not attached to anything are fine down the road. I have torn both labrums.

I agree with you, Pharma only way to go.

dgelz

Awards
Figured I'd chime in again after my trip to Cabo (where I intended to score gh for my surgery).
We'll, it turns out...gh isn't as easy to get as I was led to believe. I tried multiple pharmacies, Walmart pharmacy, everything except the Costco (I couldn't make it there) and either no one had it, or they wanted me to lay down a huge deposit and pick it up the next day...whatever! So it looks like I'm screwed. Surgery is Monday jan 16th, and I've got **** to go with. Wtf

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Its a shame doctors arent more open minded but you can thank our federal government for this. Maybe in the future steroids and GH will not be frowned upon and the paranoia will subside like marijuana.

dgelz

Awards
Surgery was this morning. It turns out I had bicep tendinitis (frayed nerve), it was cleaned up, rotator cuff had to be stitched, and a few bone spurs were shaved down. Mentally, I'm clear, but I can't feel a thing from my shoulder to my fingers. We'll see how I feel once the nerve blocker wears off.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I had shoulder surgery a couple years ago, and I'd talk to a PT about your lifting regimen. There were some very specific exercises and reasons for doing things that they recommended me that I would not have normally done had they not explained that in person.

FWIW, I was in a ton of pain initially, and it persisted for about 4-5 months. I had the superspranatis repaired, along with the joint capsule, bone debrided and the bicep tendon detached and then reattached. (EDIT: sounds like we had a similar surgery)

I used BPC157 to help my recovery a couple months post surgery, and am not sure how much it helped.... my shoulder feels 100% now. I think hGH could help your recovery, but I would not take it prior to surgery, since it might accelerate the healing that they're just going to have to fix anyway...

dgelz

Awards
Two weeks post surgery. Stitches came out yesterday. Shoulder is feeling insanely great. Mobility is nearly the same as it was before surgery, and there is no longer any pain doing movements that elicited pain before. Slight discomfort when doing arm circles, but it's really nothing worth mentioning. I started my gh (it finally came in...huma pharm) about three days after surgery. Every day 2iu. I swear it's substantially helping my recovery. Aside from the shoulder, I feel awesome, energetic, and ready to kick some ass. Seven days in, and it's the first thing on my mind when I wake up each morning. Good stuff.
Physical therapy is supposed to start up Friday, but I'm considering canceling. Even my doctor told me I might not need it based on his exam yesterday.