reconstituting igf-1? - AnabolicMinds.com

reconstituting igf-1?

1. New Member

reconstituting igf-1?

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find it.
    If I have 1000mcgs of lypholized igf powder, how many mcgs would
    I have per iu if I reconstituted it with 2ml of diluent. This is really
    important because this stuff is really pricey!
    Thanks
    -BigBub

2. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by BigBub
    I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find it.
    If I have 1000mcgs of lypholized igf powder, how many mcgs would
    I have per iu if I reconstituted it with 2ml of diluent. This is really
    important because this stuff is really pricey!
    Thanks
    -BigBub
    If I'm not mistaken... Every .01ml would equal 5iu.

.1ml or 10 mark on a u100 slin pin would = 50iu
  3. Board Supporter

oh and personally you would be doing your self a big favour by diluting it with 5ml of AA.

That would make each tick 2iu... and .25 ml would equal 50mcg. Much easier to dose accurately, and much less waste as well.

the math.. 1000iu / 500ticks = 2iu per tick.

Peace bro.
    •   

4. Registered User

Also don't forget, you may want to use a slin pin smaller than 1cc, such as 3/10. EACH tick is marked on the smaller pins, where as on the 1cc slin pins, only every 2 ticks is marked. Just a suggestion...
  5. New Member

AAARGH!

rant coming, heads up.

okay. the IU is the most retarded unit ever invented. it is not a unit of mass, like mg/mcg/grams. it is not a unit of volume, like liters/ml/cc. it is a unit of "potency". this means the number of mg's per IU varies by compound. for insulin, it's 2.6iu/mg. for GH, it's 3iu/mg. every compound that is measured in IU's has its own retarded-ass defined ratio.

there is no defined conversion from mg to iu for igf-i.

we can't even talk about iu's of igf-i. the reason slin pins are marked in iu's rather than something intelligent like ml's is that they are made for the highly standardized insulin manufacture system. all insulin is 100iu/ml, or ~38.4mg/ml. each "IU" on a slin pin is .01ml. it works out there.

it really doesn't work for anything else. think of these as .01ml's, or "ticks" if you want a word, but a tick doesn't always equal a line on a syringe, as neuromancer mentioned. they are not IU's. the syringe is lying. note this also means you can't use those IU's to measure out your IU's of GH because not only are there more IU's per mg, but the concentration of your gh depends on your kit.

MR-brand lr3igf-i comes prediluted at 1000mcg/ml, or 10 mcg/.01ml. every "iu"(but remember, they're trying to **** you up), or .01ml, is 10 mcg.

if you use 2ml of diluent instead, you'll have 500mcg/ml, or 5mcg/.01ml. every "iu", or .01ml, is 5 mcg.
  6. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by GB-Marble
    AAARGH!

rant coming, heads up.

okay. the IU is the most retarded unit ever invented. it is not a unit of mass, like mg/mcg/grams. it is not a unit of volume, like liters/ml/cc. it is a unit of "potency". this means the number of mg's per IU varies by compound. for insulin, it's 2.6iu/mg. for GH, it's 3iu/mg. every compound that is measured in IU's has its own retarded-ass defined ratio.

there is no defined conversion from mg to iu for igf-i.

we can't even talk about iu's of igf-i. the reason slin pins are marked in iu's rather than something intelligent like ml's is that they are made for the highly standardized insulin manufacture system. all insulin is 100iu/ml, or ~38.4mg/ml. each "IU" on a slin pin is .01ml. it works out there.

it really doesn't work for anything else. think of these as .01ml's, or "ticks" if you want a word, but a tick doesn't always equal a line on a syringe, as neuromancer mentioned. they are not IU's. the syringe is lying. note this also means you can't use those IU's to measure out your IU's of GH because not only are there more IU's per mg, but the concentration of your gh depends on your kit.

MR-brand lr3igf-i comes prediluted at 1000mcg/ml, or 10 mcg/.01ml. every "iu"(but remember, they're trying to **** you up), or .01ml, is 10 mcg.

if you use 2ml of diluent instead, you'll have 500mcg/ml, or 5mcg/.01ml. every "iu", or .01ml, is 5 mcg.
    Good post but don't confuse the poor SOB...

But your absolutely right.. I should of used MCG instead of IU.

Slightly off subject, I'm getting 15iu bottles of HGH.. How many MCG of HGH is there In and IU?
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Poobah
    Good post but don't confuse the poor SOB...

But your absolutely right.. I should of used MCG instead of IU.

Slightly off subject, I'm getting 15iu bottles of HGH.. How many MCG of HGH is there In and IU?
    i hate to be blunt, but it's right in the post you just quoted. i suggest you read it more carefully.
  8. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by GB-Marble
    i hate to be blunt, but it's sight in the post you just quoted. i suggest you read it more carefully.
    Must of skimmed over it.. how embarressing.

Thanks.

p.s. I have the hgh in my hands... SO happy.
  9. New Member

Thanks GB-Marble and everyone else that posted.
    I know what your taking about...this conversion process can be tricky.
    So, If I diluted the igf with 2ml of solution that would give me approximately 5mcgs of igf per unit. This is how I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong. By the way I will be running igf-1 for 4 weeks on four weeks off for about 12 months at least. I'll also be running it along side AAS and HGH as well as Slin. I will keep you guys posted on my results
  10. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by BigBub
    Thanks GB-Marble and everyone else that posted.
    I know what your taking about...this conversion process can be tricky.
    So, If I diluted the igf with 2ml of solution that would give me approximately 5mcgs of igf per unit. This is how I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong. By the way I will be running igf-1 for 4 weeks on four weeks off for about 12 months at least. I'll also be running it along side AAS and HGH as well as Slin. I will keep you guys posted on my results
    yeep sounds like you got it right.

Interesting cycle your running... Consider keeping a log. Not enough good logs of prolonged IGF and HGH supplementation.
  11. New Member

Thanks bro...I'll be sure to keep you guys updated on my cycle results. It will be a wicked one! Can't wait to get started. I just have to wait for my hgh to come in and I'll be set. I'll probably begin in about 3 weeks.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Reconstituted IGF *has* to be refrigerated?
    By ArnieIAmNot in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 06:05 PM
  2. reconstituted IGF-1 in AA
    By supermanstanley in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 07:38 PM
  3. Reconstituting IGF-1 with white vinegar
    By sikdogg in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 02:27 PM
  4. how do i reconstitute IGF?