igf and mgf, important questions and info

anonuser

Awards
there are some interesting things, which i nearly never see addressed regarding igf1,
for example: once igf1 has bound to its receptor, the cellular response from those cells will take around 72 hours to complete, pinning in the same place during those 72 hours will serve nothing but to cause igf1 downregulation.
this is where people get confused, because the half life of igf is around 1.5 days, so one would otherwise assume to inject once every 1.5 days.
now for reference im using grunt76's post entitled "My take on IGF-1",
if you havent already, you need to immediately go and read that. there is some rare insight into igf in that thread.

im not particularly sure why, but he seems not to advocate pinning in different muscle groups on different days to try and avoid downreg. he seems to think that doing so still causes the downreg. possibly because of the systemic nature of igf1? its hard to tell. i would have thought a lower dose using micro injections could possibly bypass that but who knows.

instead of going into depth on this topic, ill say any and all good info ive come across has been from that thread, there's alot of great info through the q and a's, and you really need to check it out

Now the real agenda of this thread is to find out how mgf works relative to this. we know that mgf increases cell proliferation and igf increases differentiation, and that the presence of one will inhibit the other.
now do mgf receptor equally take 72 hours to finish their actions? and does administering igf during this time interrupt this action? because i would argue that if it didn't interrupt the cell action then why wait any longer than 20 mins after you've administered mgf to add igf?
my point here is people use the half life each as a gauge to determine when they can next apply the other. which seems odd. for example the mantra "use mgf on rest days, then wait a day/12-30 hours then apply igf."

everyone knows using igf when mgf is still in your system, will cancel cell proliferation and mitigate its effects. and it seems apparent to me that people think that its mgf's half life that is somehow the important factor in determining whether igf will turn off proliferation. but based on the amount of misinformation and misunderstanding ive seen on the topic, im inclined to think that this is just that.

it makes more sense that the presence of igf while a cell is undergoing its actions involving mgf would be what causes the change in transcription.
however, were this true then the difference between using regular mgf and peg mgf becomes both more and less apparent.
one could say regardless of the half life, the cell will remain in action for 72 hours as long as it found a receptor. so as long as your using a micro injection approach there shouldn't be much real difference?
i would argue that this would make regular mgf superior, as you could pin it at the end of your last shot of igfs Half life. as long as its pinned into a separate muscle.

what im saying is because the regular mgf will be local, there shouldn't be any systemic spillover to the muscle undergoing igf's actions. thus allowing you to make use of both igf and mgf during that window, instead of waiting for the igf's cell actions to complete!

now this whole thread is assuming youve read and understood grunt76's post, and is intended for long term use while avoiding downregulation.

you could still use a regular 4 week blast protocol, but you will experience downregulation, so be aware. also they never seem to make great use of mgf in these cycles. there are also, 4 weeks mgf followed by 4weeks igf protocols, and 1w mgf to 1w igf. but i feel using them both during the same cycle should probably yield equal if not better results, stave off downreg and possibly save you money from the frequency of injections.

again this is assuming the info ive posted about mgf's duration of action on the cell being around 72 hours is true. if anyone has any evidence to the contrary, please share.
thanks ;)

MaKenCap

Awards
I would also like to know more about the mgf/igf interaction.

I was going to experiment with just an MGF solo run and having seen so much speculation I'm having trouble figuring out how MGF affects the 'regular' igf and vice versa.

.... so BUMP

BIG EVIL42

Awards
I don't think the short acting MGF can saturate or execute it's effect for 72 hours as I think the cell needs to be activated and saturated that entire process to get maximal effect.... this is purely speculation but this is based off my personal experience using MGF and PEG MGF experimentally over the years. IF the MGF had the 72 hour effect then results should have been just as good with my MGF post workout only blasts... I have found that to maximize MGF'S effect the protocal I came up with is IGF DES intra workout for differentiation and then to address differentiation..... I do MGF post immediately post workout in local micro injects and then repeat that step every 30 minutes 3 times. 30 minutes after the last MGF shot I take PEG MGF and am done until the next workout where the process repeats.
I have made dramatic local size gains with this protocal as compared to the various others I have tried

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbed.
This might be a silly question, but I'm infatuated with igf so I'm gunna ask .
With the size gains in local areas, does strength automatically follow.
The muscle gets bigger so therefore stronger?

Evan Bageris

Evan Bageris

Awards
So Big Evil, Have you abandoned the Long R3 altogether? It has also made sense to me to do it like you are, you could even use plain old IGF-1, but the effect would be much less.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
I don't think the short acting MGF can saturate or execute it's effect for 72 hours as I think the cell needs to be activated and saturated that entire process to get maximal effect.... this is purely speculation but this is based off my personal experience using MGF and PEG MGF experimentally over the years. IF the MGF had the 72 hour effect then results should have been just as good with my MGF post workout only blasts... I have found that to maximize MGF'S effect the protocal I came up with is IGF DES intra workout for differentiation and then to address differentiation..... I do MGF post immediately post workout in local micro injects and then repeat that step every 30 minutes 3 times. 30 minutes after the last MGF shot I take PEG MGF and am done until the next workout where the process repeats.
I have made dramatic local size gains with this protocal as compared to the various others I have tried
Interesting protocol and seems logical... what muscle groups have you tried this with?