Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Some useful info.

GHRELIN 101

Article1)
Ghrelin: much more than a natural growth hormone secretagogue.

Ghrelin, a 28 amino acid acylated peptide predominantly produced by the stomach, displays strong growth hormone-releasing activity mediated by the hypothalamus-pituitary GH secretagogue receptors that were found to be specific for a family of synthetic, orally active GH secretagogues. The discovery of ghrelin brings us to a new understanding of the regulation of GH secretion. However, ghrelin is much more than simply a natural GH secretagogue. It also acts on other central and peripheral receptors and exhibits other actions, including stimulation of lactotroph and corticotroph secretion, orexigenic, influences gastroenteropancreatic functions, and has metabolic, cardiovascular and antiproliferative effects.

Article 2:
Interrelationship between the novel peptide ghrelin and somatostatin/growth hormone-releasing hormone in regulation of pulsatile growth hormone secretion.

GH is an anabolic hormone that is essential for normal linear growth and has important metabolic effects throughout life. The ultradian rhythm of GH secretion is generated by the intricate patterned release of two hypothalamic hormones, somatostatin (SRIF) and GHRH, acting both at the level of the pituitary gland and within the central nervous system. The recent discovery of ghrelin, a novel GH-releasing peptide identified as the endogenous ligand for the GH secretagogue receptor and shown to induce a positive energy balance, suggests the existence of an additional neuroendocrine pathway for GH control. To further understand how ghrelin interacts with the classical GHRH/SRIF neuronal system in GH regulation, we used a combined physiological and histochemical approach. Our physiological studies of the effects of ghrelin on spontaneous pulsatile GH secretion in conscious, free-moving male rats demonstrate that

1) ghrelin, administered either systemically or centrally, exerts potent, time-dependent GH-releasing activity under physiological conditions;
2) ghrelin is a functional antagonist of SRIF, but its GH-releasing activity at the pituitary level is not dependent on inhibiting endogenous SRIF release;
3) SRIF antagonizes the action of ghrelin at the level of the pituitary gland
4) the GH response to ghrelin in vivo requires an intact endogenous GHRH system. Our dual chromogenic and autoradiographic in situ hybridization experiments provide anatomical evidence that ghrelin may directly modulate GHRH mRNA- and neuropeptide Y mRNA-containing neurons in the hypothalamic arcuate nucleus, but that SRIF mRNA-expressing cells are not major direct targets for ghrelin.
Together, these findings support the idea that ghrelin may be a critical hormonal signal of nutritional status to the GH neuroendocrine axis serving to integrate energy balance and the growth process.

1)Isr Med Assoc J 2002 Aug;4(8:607-13 (ISSN: 1565-1088)
Broglio F; Arvat E; Benso A; Gottero C; Prodam F; Granata R; Papotti M; Muccioli G; Deghenghi R; Ghigo E
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Turin, Turin, Italy

2)Endocrinology 2003 Mar;144(3):967-74 (ISSN: 0013-7227)
Tannenbaum GS; Epelbaum J; Bowers CY
Department of Pediatrics, McGill University and the Neuropeptide Physiology Laboratory, McGill University-Montreal Children's Hospital Research Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3H 1P3. [email protected].

Ghrelin may prove to be a most interesting hormone and a true anabolic hormone, but it will take some time to sort it all out. One recent study called "Ghrelin---not just another stomach hormone" (Wang G, Lee HM, Englander E, Greeley GH." Regul Pept 2002 May 15;105(2):75-81) suggests Ghrelin has effects on GH. Below is the abstract:

"Growth hormone (GH) secretagogues (GHSs) are non-natural, synthetic substances that stimulate GH secretion via a G-protein-coupled receptor called the GHS-receptor (GHS-R). The natural ligand for the GHS-R has been identified recently; it is called ghrelin. Ghrelin and its receptor show a widespread distribution in the body; the greatest expression of ghrelin is in stomach endocrine cells. Administration of exogenous ghrelin has been shown to stimulate pituitary GH secretion, appetite, body growth and fat deposition.

Ghrelin was probably designed to be a major anabolic hormone. Ghrelin also exerts several other activities in the stomach. The findings that ghrelin is produced in mucosal endocrine cells of the stomach and intestine, and that ghrelin is measurable in the general circulation indicate its hormonal nature. A maximal expression of ghrelin in the stomach suggests that there is a gastrointestinal hypothalamic-pituitary axis that influences GH secretion, body growth and appetite that is responsive to nutritional and caloric intakes."

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
That is our next project the only thing is the price is high
Yes it is :(
What kind of ghrelin are u going to use? pure ghrelin, hexarelin or?
I've read about hex in your forum and i'm REALLY excited about it. Its not very strong, though and it needs to be dosed quite high...

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
Hypothetically speaking, if a person had 1 mg of ghrelin, what would a typical dose be?

I'm looking for the appetite stim from this product. The GH stimulation is cool, but I want the intense hungar that's supposed to come with it.

And a few more...
Is there a best time of day?
How long would the hungar cravings last?
Can it be dosed more than once per day?
IM or sub-q?
Any sides?

I DID try searching for a while, but didn't find the answers to these questions. If they're out there, I appologize and could you point me to the thread?

Thank you in advance!

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i think of ghrelin and GHRP-6 as being VERY closely related. both induce alot of hunger and alot of GH. the cortisol release is something that has only been reproduced reliably with ghrelin, i believe.

if you just want hunger, B12 is GREAT.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
i think of ghrelin and GHRP-6 as being VERY closely related. both induce alot of hunger and alot of GH. the cortisol release is something that has only been reproduced reliably with ghrelin, i believe.

if you just want hunger, B12 is GREAT.

I take methyl b12, have been for some time. Never noticed much of an an appetite stim from it. Great for my allergies though.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
10 mgs IM, didn't notice anything. 20 mgs sub-q, still nothing. 40 mgs sub-q, my intestines are fvcked up for three days and lost 8 lbs from the diarhea! Damn!!

Noticed nothing with hungar which is why I wanted to try it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Uh, you mean mcg's of ghrelin, right?

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
I would up it to about 100mcg for starters. I think the doses should be comparable to those of GHRP-6 and Hexarelin.
OK...I'll give it another try. Do you think sub-q or IM would be better? Or should I give IV a try, as that's how most of the studies did it?

Thanks Grunt!

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
OK...I'll give it another try. Do you think sub-q or IM would be better? Or should I give IV a try, as that's how most of the studies did it?

Thanks Grunt!
I think IM is the way to go to assess an effective dose, as it will hit harder, letting you assess treshold efficacy better.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
Alright...I'm dying to see if I can get this stff to work for appetite. I just ran home from my office and took 100 mcgs into the left delt with a 1 ml slin pin. That was at about 10:40. I'll keep the anit-diarrheal and pepto-bismol close by!!

Wish me luck, I'll post up anything I notice. It's a slow day here so I'll have a good six hours to watch things.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
It's 11:00 (20 min post shot). Intestines seem fine so far. Am feeling some hungar pains, nothing incredible. I'd had a pretty big shake (900 cals) about a 1/2 hour before the shot. I doubt I'd be feeling hungary right now without the shot. I'm hoping it's gets more intense and wondering how long it will last.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
12:30, not much to add. Intestines are fine, not much hungar to speak of.

At least I'm not sitting on the toilet! Makes me wonder if I didn't have some kind of intestinal bug the first time I used it and the trouble I had was just a coincidence.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
Thanks jones!

It's almost 2:00 (~3 hrs post) with nothing noteworthy.

Tomorrow I'll try 150 mcgs and possibly two doses, late morning and again a few hours later. I'm not sure what the half-life is but suspect it's rather short, maybe only a couple hours or less.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
12:30, not much to add. Intestines are fine, not much hungar to speak of.

At least I'm not sitting on the toilet! Makes me wonder if I didn't have some kind of intestinal bug the first time I used it and the trouble I had was just a coincidence.
I think that must have been the case.

Thanks jones!

It's almost 2:00 (~3 hrs post) with nothing noteworthy.

Tomorrow I'll try 150 mcgs and possibly two doses, late morning and again a few hours later. I'm not sure what the half-life is but suspect it's rather short, maybe only a couple hours or less.
Yes the HL is very short. That has always been the achille's heel of this peptide in preclinical trials. It is effective but should be administered too frequently. That is how CJC-1295 was deemed attractive but it comes with its own set of problems.

This molecule is roughly 5 times the weight of the GHRP6. So for the same number of GH-releasing molecules you would have to use a dose weighing 5x more...

Hopefully its increased effectiveness makes up for its weight, or it could prove expensive.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
Tried 150 mics yesterday, still not much good or bad. No noticable appetite increase, no stomach/intestinal problems.

I'm disappointed as I really want a good appetite stim. Oh well...back to the drawing board.

Common IBE!! I already need a second job to support my habit with you guys!! Although a little bird told me you're working on something new in this area?

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Tried 150 mics yesterday, still not much good or bad. No noticable appetite increase, no stomach/intestinal problems.

I'm disappointed as I really want a good appetite stim. Oh well...back to the drawing board.

Common IBE!! I already need a second job to support my habit with you guys!! Although a little bird told me you're working on something new in this area?
Isn't GHRP6 enough for you? Stack it with hexarelin then...