Age and IGF-1...

wesley90

Banned
Awards
What do you guys think would be the minimum age allowed to use IGF-1?
Thanks.

400runner

Banned
Awards
  • Established
dude...i'd love to know what ppl will say about this, but they dont like to talk to you in this thread too much....I would say a bit older becuase your messing with a lot more than just your hormones

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I doubt this will be a popular position, but i think the people who'll see the most benefit from it will be those over 40. For a minimum, I think 30 is reasonable.

I'm not saying those under 30 would see no results, or negative results, and I'm not saying they'd all be irreparably damaged; but this is a powerful substance, and the surest way to abuse it is to take too much, or take it too often, or at too young an age. IGF-1 is probably redundant for the 25-&-under set, but since 21 is (in the US, anyway) the age of statutory accountability, that would be a bedrock minimum. If I could somehow magically impose a different minimum, I think I'd make it 30, except under a doctor's care.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I doubt this will be a popular position, but i think the people who'll see the most benefit from it will be those over 40. For a minimum, I think 30 is reasonable.

I'm not saying those under 30 would see no results, or negative results, and I'm not saying they'd all be irreparably damaged; but this is a powerful substance, and the surest way to abuse it is to take too much, or take it too often, or at too young an age. IGF-1 is probably redundant for the 25-&-under set, but since 21 is (in the US, anyway) the age of statutory accountability, that would be a bedrock minimum. If I could somehow magically impose a different minimum, I think I'd make it 30, except under a doctor's care.
I agree but even at 35+ some people don't get any results, so... I think IGF-1 is a hit or miss thing. Some guys swear by it others say it does nothing for them.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established

BodyWizard,

Two years ago I did a six month cycle of Saizen at a low dose (1IU 5 days on 2 off) and had tremendous results. I lost 20 lbs of fat, gained muscle tone and a more youthful appearance. The effects of the cycle carried over for a year plus. I'll be 47 in a few days. I'd like to do another cycle. Might I get the same benefits from a shorter and stronger IGF cycle?

Thanks in advance.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Col. Kurtz
easy answer - you might, but there are too many variables - the biggest IMO the lack of one-to-one correspondence between hGH & IGF-1

easier answer - I have no idea

easiest answer - spend some time w/ the hGH & IGF-1 stickies Bobo has provided, and compare IGF-1 log results w/ your GH experience

Perhaps others in our age group who have experience w/ both will offer their impressions & opinions.

BTW - Capt. Willard called for you again - said he wants to bring some friends by to meet you next week.

None of this addresses wesley90's question. If I understand, he was wondering if IGF-1 (and hGH?) has the kind of definite, no-teens-on-steroids kinda age consideration we encourage re: AAS. To my knowledge, no-one has really advocated a real age-barrier for GH-class chemicals; yet the same general physiological facts & dependent considerations DO apply, it seems. Which is to say that given the nature and affect of body-transformation hormones, which modify the body's structure (& to some extent its operation), it makes sense to take existing natural processes such as age, stage of physiological development, and individual hormonal balance in to account.

This being so, it seems little more than common sense to avoid supraphysiological levels (of hGH just as much as test) at least until adolescent production levels off - and IIRC this is generally expected to occur by the age of 25. I know there are those who will say that averages are fine, but in their particular case, production leveled off early, and that such age barriers should be waived or bent for them; such cases should be be approached medically - if only to help separate need from impatience.

But does simple relaxation from adolescent production levels constitute a need for supplementation? We could argue w/ perhaps equal validity that it would be best to hold off on hormonal supplementation until levels begin to significantly decline around 40...but by the same token, it could be argued that we should wait for the onset of general age-related infirmity (50 ~ 60) - or, more strictly still, some undeniable medical necessity.

So yes, the same considerations could be applied to GH/IGF-1 usage as are applied in reference to test (& company), and I think make better than negligible sense in both contexts.

No matter what anyone does, their decisions should involve thorough research, fact-checking, second-guessing, and a willingness to postpone decisions rather than rush them.

sourinthemind

Awards
Thanks.
Min age? I have used this stuff extensively and I have monitored others using it and I beleive that most of the results and sides are related to 3 factors (this would be the same for hGH too):

1. First and foremost, dosage. Most sides are almost always dosage related. And each person has his or her own optimal dosage where sides are minimal.

2. Other drugs used. IGF-1 is really used best with hGH/AAS/T3 and Slin (this is my favorite and my opinion). You can most certainly get good results without any other compounds but try to tell me that it is better used by itself and I will tell you that you have never used it like I do!

3. Lifestyle. Diet, consistency in your workouts, sleep, work and stress all play a role in your results. Don't under estimate this factor. Stress produces all kinds of catabolic/nitrogen releasing hormones that will screw up your progress, or at the very least slow things down.

The only other factor that is hard to track is genetics. As far as age, once you have full maturity, the stage is set. The way I see it, 20-24 is full maturity.

My 2 cents....

tiggermoon

tiggermoon

Awards
BodyWizard,

Two years ago I did a six month cycle of Saizen at a low dose (1IU 5 days on 2 off) and had tremendous results. I lost 20 lbs of fat, gained muscle tone and a more youthful appearance. The effects of the cycle carried over for a year plus. I'll be 47 in a few days. I'd like to do another cycle. Might I get the same benefits from a shorter and stronger IGF cycle?

Thanks in advance.
speaking just from my own experience.
i also did a 6 month cycle of saizen with great results.
could not continue financialy.
later found lr3igf-1.
have done 6 cycles of it.
works well, but not the same.
the results are quite immediate but you hit the point of diminishing returns too quickly.
then you have the problem of keeping your gains while off cycle.
igf-1 is great for healing old or new injuries quickly, quick fat loss, and general recovery.
i have also succesfuly used it for PCT.
and it is LEGAL OTC for your research.

so to sum it up.

for quick results - igf-1
for longterm use and HRT -(which is becoming an interest at my age) HGH

i am currently experimenting with a painfree oral homebrew of GABA. still too early to post any news about it.

tiggermoon

tiggermoon

Awards
Thanks.
minimum age allowed? well, you're legaly an adult at 21.

minimum age i would recomend? late 30's

when your natural hormone levels are at their peak. take advantage of that.

just my opinion.

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
tiggermoon, how's the GABA thing going?

I think I'm having great results, but I'm not 100% sure it's all the GABA, still investigating. Geez this stuff is inexpensive.

And you're right - IGF-1 is very good. I haven't tried the hGH, but I have tried GHB and that kicked major butt, can't wait to do real GH. I'm sure you remember how you could get it in any health food store from the (my parents say early 70's) to 1994 then suddenly, POOF! - Sched. 1.

Now the prohormones.

And I agree - under 30, just lift hard, that will take your GH levels way high, then follow with some high-GI carbs to spike insulin and turn it all into IGF-1. THIS WORKS.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone under 25 or so for muscular augmentation, but doctors use the stuff to treat short stature children that are pre-teen.

tiggermoon

tiggermoon

Awards
tiggermoon, how's the GABA thing going?

I think I'm having great results, but I'm not 100% sure it's all the GABA, still investigating. Geez this stuff is inexpensive.

And you're right - IGF-1 is very good. I haven't tried the hGH, but I have tried GHB and that kicked major butt, can't wait to do real GH. I'm sure you remember how you could get it in any health food store from the (my parents say early 70's) to 1994 then suddenly, POOF! - Sched. 1.

Now the prohormones.

And I agree - under 30, just lift hard, that will take your GH levels way high, then follow with some high-GI carbs to spike insulin and turn it all into IGF-1. THIS WORKS.
actually i was off the GABA for the last month while testing IBE's ectotropin. i had less restful sleep. and the lack of fat rebound after 6 weeks of trimax can be atributed to the ectoropin as i was judging it as a stand-alone. i wll be getting back on the GABA immediately. as far as price, custom has a terrific price on it in bulk and if you use my recipe for a pain free oral you only use 25mg to 100mg a day. 100 grams could potentialy last a year. IGF-1, great 1 month cutter and overall rejuvinater, just hate the 4 to 6 weeks and no more response/results aspect. HGH, the best way to go, my personal experience is with saizen but that is way out of my price range these days. the next experiment is with nettle/yohimbe bark/dandelion as a thermogenic/diuretic, and of course, the GABA and a pain-free-oral of DHEA/7-oxo with some 4ad for a homebrew HRT.

tiggermoon

tiggermoon

Awards
BodyWizard,

Two years ago I did a six month cycle of Saizen at a low dose (1IU 5 days on 2 off) and had tremendous results. ....... Might I get the same benefits from a shorter and stronger IGF cycle?

Thanks in advance.
from my experience -
the same results in a shorter time? yes
but watch out for the rebound, it hits hard after an IGF-1 cycle, and even with proper PCT the gains don't last as long.

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
from my experience -
the same results in a shorter time? yes
but watch out for the rebound, it hits hard after an IGF-1 cycle, and even with proper PCT the gains don't last as long.
Could you please describe the rebound effects, as I am unfamilliar with them?

Also..(probably stupid but..) what kind of PCT do you have to do with IGF-1???
I didnt think there was any!

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
there is no PCT after IGF-1 or a rebound effect that I am aware of

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This contrasts strongly with almost everyone else whom I talked with, who used IGF-1 by itself, who assert that about 100% of gains were kept, and that report greater natural gains AFTER IGF-1, which is consistent with the theory, BTW. I personnally, have witnessed exactly this from using it by itself also.

I would like to read some of those reports, if you can find them. Thanks.

"if you use my recipe for a pain free oral you only use 25mg to 100mg a day" This sounds strange to me Tiggermoon, as the research shows a GH response at 5 GRAMS a dose. I use 7-8 grams every night. At that rate, the kilo will last me 5 months. :D Anyways, I'd like to know where you get your 25 to 100mg...? Thanks.

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for clearing that up. I thought I was missing something for a second there.

I am 24, is it safe to give it a shot?
Probably gona try Oratropin first.

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
At 24, I'd think I would go for the injectable... It's not like you need the systemic rejuvenation or anything........ And really, it's no trouble at all. I was a little queazy about injecting the first time or two, but follow the instructions and it's really worth it. JMO.

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
At 24, I'd think I would go for the injectable... It's not like you need the systemic rejuvenation or anything........ And really, it's no trouble at all. I was a little queazy about injecting the first time or two, but follow the instructions and it's really worth it. JMO.
I am not afraid of needles at all, I just read that Oratropin works better than injectable.

In the end I am gona give both a run and see which one is actually better but I think I am gona start out with the Oratropin.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i am also curious about the minimum age for use of igf-1. It seems the general consensus is that older is better ( over 30). In articles i have read in the past ( i dont recall the exact ones) there is mention of not only a decrease in hormone production as one grows older, but also a decrease in receptor sensitivity. So if this was to be taken as fact wouldnt it make more sense to use igf-1 earlier while the receptors are still crisp?

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i am also curious about the minimum age for use of igf-1. It seems the general consensus is that older is better ( over 30). In articles i have read in the past ( i dont recall the exact ones) there is mention of not only a decrease in hormone production as one grows older, but also a decrease in receptor sensitivity. So if this was to be taken as fact wouldnt it make more sense to use igf-1 earlier while the receptors are still crisp?
I don't know about receptor sensitivity relating to IGF-1, but IGF-1 Levels are very high while young and begin dropping quickly. This is why it is so much more effective for someone over 30.

tiggermoon

tiggermoon

Awards
o.k., what i meant by rebound is that a gain in BF happened rather quickly after my first cut with IGF-1. (age related possibley?) but there was no loss in muscle mass. also after using it for pct after a 4ad/1t cycle i experienced what i can only describe as a test crash(lethargy, depression, and just feeling like a girl) for a week after 6 weeks of igf-1, but once again no loss of MM.

as for the micro doses of GABA i use, it is because i use it IM. a homebrew P-GH if you will.

so to sum it up, i have used igf-1 as a cutter and as pct succesfuly. any effects i experienced did NOT include loss of MM. BF increase and test drop after stopping igf-1 cycle could possibley be age related.

personaly i thinkl igf-1 is great stuff. and every time i use it i learn more about my body's reaction i to it.

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well for those wondering about my GABA Experience, it does seem to have magical effects on me. I feel hard, pumped, almost like I'm "on something". It doesn't really show, but then again it's so easy to be totally rested and get a great workout with this stuff, being in my best shape ever is a BREEZE. :D

cretinx

Awards
If IGF-1 is supposed to induce hyperplasia, then I would assume it would be useful for anyone who's over 13 - basically whatever age your body decides, ok, that's it, these are the muscle cells you're getting for the rest of your life - which seems to be the early teenage years.

PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong.

NevrEnuf

Awards
  • Established
i am only 22 and am seriously considering using it along side of my pct i have lined up... I thought there were alot more people around my age (21-23) even on this forum swearing by the stuff and saying they have gotten good results from it.

soma

soma

Awards
  • Established
i am only 22 and am seriously considering using it along side of my pct i have lined up... I thought there were alot more people around my age (21-23) even on this forum swearing by the stuff and saying they have gotten good results from it.
Ive used it before on and off AAS. Works magic while on- muscles get very full and round. Off not nearly as noticeable....but when insulin is added it gives better gains. If you can afford i would recommend using it post cycle along with your anti-estrogens, etc... you would have otherwised planned. My friend used it also and gained into pct- strenght went up on squad and dead he recently switched to.

NevrEnuf

Awards
  • Established
Ive used it before on and off AAS. Works magic while on- muscles get very full and round. Off not nearly as noticeable....but when insulin is added it gives better gains. If you can afford i would recommend using it post cycle along with your anti-estrogens, etc... you would have otherwised planned. My friend used it also and gained into pct- strenght went up on squad and dead he recently switched to.
the gains are fully keepable? Hardness and fullness remained?

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just an FYI, GABA cant pass the BBB. It is totally useless for sleep.
That's been debated to hell already. Most users report better sleep anyways. The action of GABA is unknown. So that's that.