Using slin as a carrier for igf

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
wondering what what the ph levels-acidity of slin might be, and if it is possible to use it as a carrier for igf.Just thought it would be nice to mix slin right in with the powder, at 10ius slin 40mcg igf for a PWO cocktail.

peace

the anapolack

Awards
if you aint sure and have to guess dont do it........worst side from slin being DEATH

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
I seriously doubt that you could use slin as a carrier if your talking about premixing it into the vial. I would assume that it would destroy the igf-1. But if you're talking about mixing the two in a syringe then just be careful of hypoglyemic shock. Start out low w/around 5 iu's of slin and see how it goes.

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
slin as a carrier for igf-1? lol nooo !!

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have used IGF plenty of times, and currently slin PWO at 12ius.I would assume backing off the slin somewhat to gauge for hypo, and yea, I have mixed the 2 together in the chamber.The question is of storage, and acidity.
So far no answers as to why, just speculation...I was looking for some kind of factual data.
Come on Ray...why?
Found the PH of Humalog is 7.
Some of the info I am finding about using the 2 compounds together is still debatable I guess.

Last edited:

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
look i understand that high igf-1 levels and high insulin levels in the blood at the same time maybe a good thing? but dont see why u would want to use them in the same syringe... also, i dont understand the "carrier" aspect, slin and igf-1 themselves are carriers arent they? thats what they do, they attach to the receptors of muscle cells,igf-1 and insulin both increase the cellular membrane permeability of certain amino acids, to thus facilitate the transfer of those amino acids into the muscle cells into the sarco-plasm.
maybe if u explain what you're trying to achieve, i'll try to find some more info for u bro..

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i dunno lol just the idea that it could be pretty risky... but i do see ur point, lets say units on the needle would be 20 mcg of igf-1 and then u fill up another 8 iu with slin and then u have ur 20 mcg and 8 iu slin for the evening, this is ur idea? maybe this could work, but again the idea of what they would do to each other when mixed is not clear... also, now u agree that the idea of using insulin as a carrier for igf-1 doesnt make much sense, right?

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i dunno lol just the idea that it could be pretty risky... but i do see ur point, lets say units on the needle would be 20 mcg of igf-1 and then u fill up another 8 iu with slin and then u have ur 20 mcg and 8 iu slin for the evening, this is ur idea? maybe this could work, but again the idea of what they would do to each other when mixed is not clear... also, now u agree that the idea of using insulin as a carrier for igf-1 doesnt make much sense, right?
I guess that what I am talking about, what would they do, enhance, or would one overide the other.From what I am understanding (at least think I am), they both work the same type of receptor, so would one overpower the other, or would one enahnce the others action.I was sure I read that the insulin would delay they action of the igf, and carry it more throught the blood stream, and it would have more of a tendancy to attatch to intestinal lining.(not good)
Not totally sure though...still reading.

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
no no, they work on similar type of receptor cycles, but not on the same, anyway, low insulin levels are not good to have when u have high igf-1 levels in the blood, i read this somewhere:
High IGF-1 with low insulin has no anabolic effect because to have new proteo-genesis you need ALL the amino acids helped across by IGF-1 AND of insulin. Low IGF-1 and high insulin also does not help to build muscle because IGF-1 is missing, so the amino acid array is incomplete.

and insulin increases free igf-1 levels in the blood, and i think the active life of free igf-1 is just a few minutes, true? less than an hour i'm pretty sure...but either way, whatever it is, its not a bad idea to use slin and igf-1 together.

harleyc

Awards
I have used them both in the same dart 10 iu and 60mcg. I used slin instead of water. For my PWO. It worked fine. There are a lot of guys doing it that way now. And they are saying it awesome. But I guess were find out soon in some ones lab pappers.