Gigantism

Renton405

Awards
I noticed in the 2003 olympia jay cutlers look really changed from back in his day...There was part i remember in the lineups in the room where jay lifted his arms and his hands looked like the size of a gorrilas hands or something...as well as a big change in his facial bone structure...Would you say this is from an excess of GH, or do you think that gigantism is only in prone individuals(like people who are prone to gyno, etc)...is it irreversable??? Does IGF1 aggrevate it? or is it only a symptom in HGH use?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I doubt it is true gigantism that we're dealing with here. That condition causes growth of the entire skeletal system (think Andre the Giant). Growth of the circulatory system apparently cannot keep up and this leads to a short lifespan.

HGH in excess, causes a condition called acromegaly which consists of growth of the extremities, jaw and brow..causing the caveman look. Some argue that no facial changes happen but I think the anecdotal evidence is pretty compelling.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It is a non-reversible condition. IGF-1 or R3-IGF1 would likely aggrevate it.

Renton405

Awards
if its not true gigantisn what is growth of just certain parts of the body, such as arms , facial structure, hands, etc..it seems sometimes HGH can cause one extremetie to be bigger than the other... i guess its more of a genetic response to it...

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
GH, cannot create this problem out of nowhere...the individual must be genetically prone to it. Some are...some aren't

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Oh absolutely...GH will certainly speed up or worsen the process. Although I believe the key here is "used in excess" ...which really wouldn't concern most of us. Although I wish I had money to burn like that :D

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, spending $20,000 a year to look awful is not in my future plans.

Stumbo

Awards
I was born with isolated gigantism in one of my toes.

Sooooo, am i at any kind of risk or what? BUT I LOVE IGF SOOO MUCH!