lr3igf1 and corpal tunnel

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
i did lr3 IGF-1 last year ,well off/on most off the year[been off for 7 mnth's ] and i got corpal tunnel in my wrists/hands and it hasnt subsided all the way when i try to curl i aggrvate it and i even went to the doc and she gave me a brace for my right hand/wrist ,...so does anybody know how i can fix this side ? i guess its perminant but , "oh well"

pounder

Awards
i did lr3 IGF-1 last year ,well off/on most off the year[been off for 7 mnth's ] and i got corpal tunnel in my wrists/hands and it hasnt subsided all the way when i try to curl i aggrvate it and i even went to the doc and she gave me a brace for my right hand/wrist ,...so does anybody know how i can fix this side ? i guess its perminant but , "oh well"
I used to research carpal tunnel syndrome, so let me give you a little advice.

First of all - too many doctors have no idea what CTS is or how to properly diagnose it. That doesn't stop them from slicing and dicing and charging you and your insurance company. So be careful. You need to be diagnosed by a good, professional hand surgeon (yes, a hand surgeon), but these are the major indicators:

1) Pain/numbness in the area of your thumb through your ring finger. Anywhere else, and it is not likely the median nerve.

2) One of the best indicators of CTS is waking up at night with numbness in the affected hand(s). How many times a week do you wake up from numbness or pain?

If you do decide to get surgery, a good hand surgeon will typically first offer a cortisone shot directly into your carpal tunnel. This is a pretty good indicator of how well the surgery will turn out - if your pain/numbness go away completely after the shot for a few days (even weeks) then the odds that a carpal tunnel release (either open or endoscopic) will give you releif are pretty good. If you don't get any releif from a cortisone shot, then I'd be wary of barging into surgery. Sometimes CTS goes away permanently from a cortisone shot, so it's always worth a try. Most of the time it is just temporary releif, though.

If you need the surgery, then I'd say opt for an endoscopic release. This lowers recovery time significantly.

Be very very careful. I know you've got pain and frustration right now, but if you think things suck now wait till some hack surgeon accidentally slices your median or ulnar nerve and then you will know the true meaning of "suck." Any question at all and get a second or third opinion if you have to. You've only got two hands and damned if they're not really useful.

Good luck.

pounder

Awards
Forgot to mention, but there are a few things that can give you temporary carpal tunnel syndrome. Typically high estrogen levels can be the culprit - this leads to excessive water retention (which raises the tissue pressure in the carpal tunnel leading to a strangulation of the blood supply to the median nerve and CTS symptoms). If you've done a cycle and are in post (or your e levels are still high), this could be something to consider. Even during cycle your e levels are high. If this is the case, then maybe hit up some nolva for a little while and see if you get some improvement.

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
well , i did notice while on my last cycle[high test] my wrist/hands did feel alot better till now [ low natty test ]
i do have letro maybe ill start that for a few weeks and see if they feel better...thanks thats something for me to try and fix them.....but no , i repeat nobody is cuttin on my fugkin hands/wrists ever period !!!!

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
excellent advice, pounder!

Surgery is an absolute, last-ditch, when-all-else-has-failed option - it's tragic to see it used so often as a FIRST resort. It's the old "if all you have is a hammer" scenario....

waterlogged, if you have a chiropractor, tell him/her about the pain in your wrist during your next visit - you may be pleasantly surprised!

There are hand-&-wrist care books/videos, too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 0
IGF-1/GH 8
IGF-1/GH 0