Anti Myostatin polyclonal anti-body

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
Anybody have any more info on this? What is it and why is it $2000 for a mg?!?!?!?

Ataraxis

Awards
I know this isn't the sort of response you were looking for. Read this report:

http://gigtforeningen.dk/17C6BE62-AAE5-4A6B-A927-D60E99BA3945

If you can sift through all the microbiological verbosity of the report, you will find some interesting information on the absence of myostatin in humans and other mammalian species. Myostatin inhibitors are probably very expensive to produce, so that would explain the price of the product in question.

Last edited:
sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
Where did you see for sale?? i didn't know that it was available to the public yet.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
l.i.f.e. just added it to their product list, along with a few other very expensive goodies.

misconstrued

Awards
So who wants to be the first to try it? ;)

(i'll be the second)

Grant

Awards
  • Established
ANy long term health effects? Do the effects go away when you stop taking it?

misconstrued

Awards
Yeah it would change everything. For those that don't know, at least as I understand it, myostatin reduces muscle growth in our bodies. People with naturally low levels of myostatin are naturally much more stronger, have much less bodyfat and much more muscle. For what it's worth, from an evolutionary standpoint it's explained in that people with high myostatin levels and lower muscle mass were more likely to live longer historically because they required less food to live.

There was a baby born recently in Germany I believe that who has a myostatin mutation where he doesn't produce any at all. You should see the pictures of this kid. He is unbelieveably muscular and strong for his age and they haven't found a single thing wrong with him healthwise.

They have done many tests with mice and the pictures are breathtaking. The mice with myostatin blocked are like "Hulk" mice and they ate the same exact food and had the exact same activity levels as the normal mice.

I could see a time in the not so distant future when pills are available and your myostatin levels are reduced depending on the dosage and your strength and muscle mass is proportionate.

Myostatin blocking/suppression is really fascinating and it could potentially change sports and the treatment of muscle wasting disorders as we know it.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure if it pertains to the German kid, but myostatin mutations also cause a growth of heart tissue, and a large heart can cause death.

Most people that have these mutations are not expected to live for very long, as their heart gets too big.

I question the use this would really have as it would have very negative effects on heart hypertrophy, assuming that a "cycle" of myostatin blocking drugs would allow for heart hypertrophy.

misconstrued

Awards
Here is a quote from the report on this boy published in the New England Journal of Medicine:

"These results strongly indicate that our patient has a loss-of-function mutation in the myostatin gene, thus suggesting that the inactivation of myostatin has similar effects in humans, mice, and cattle. So far, we have not observed any health problems in the patient. Since myostatin is also expressed in the heart, we have closely monitored our patient's cardiac function but have not yet detected any signs of cardiomyopathy or a conduction disturbance. However, at 4.5 years of age, our patient is still too young for such abnormalities to be ruled out definitively. Our results suggest the possibility that muscle bulk and strength could be therapeutically increased by the inactivation of myostatin in patients with muscle-wasting conditions."

I'm not sure if it pertains to the German kid, but myostatin mutations also cause a growth of heart tissue, and a large heart can cause death.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
I'd be willing to try it out but what's the dosing scheme and how should it be taken (IM, SubQ, etc...)??

misconstrued

Awards
I have no idea what sort of dosage should be taken or how even. At this point it's probably best to sit back and watch.

Here are some quotes from another article:

"Genetically engineered myostatin-free mice and cattle exhibit twice the lean muscle mass as their normal stable-mates, without extra feeding or resistance training!"

"The research on myostatin and the ability to block myostatin is very exciting. In 5 to 10 years, when it is possible to isolate, stabilize then synthesize on a large scale, the myostatin propeptide and follistatin protein blockers, it will be in the tight grip of billion dollar pharmaceutical companies. These drugs will be only made available on prescription for extreme wasting conditions. That is, until they find their way onto the black market, and then, god help this sport!"

There is even a picture of a "Hulk" mouse next to a normal mouse. Both apparently eating the same and having the same activity level.

...and the link:

http://www.ast-ss.com/articles/article.asp?AID=85

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
I'd be willing to try it out but what's the dosing scheme and how should it be taken (IM, SubQ, etc...)??

We are about at the same place there, I am hoping someone can provide some insight on this...

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
Okay, now post some pictures of Flex Wheeler.....:lol:

misconstrued

Awards
I didn't know that about Flex. I sure wish this myostatin-less german baby would hurry and grow up :)

bencozzy

Awards
from what ive read if its an anti body its life long effects from it just like the virus for carring igf-1 gene that their using and developing for MD patients, and from the studies if you use a anti myostatin with igf-1 you'll grow like crazy(blocking myostatin allows you to make more satallite cells, then igf-1 activates S cells into muscle cells, then if you were to combine with an anobolic it would make you larger then life) but the long term affects of should things are unknown

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
If that was true about Flex, then shouldn't he be twice as big as Coleman??? The pics of the mices and the cows are pretty awsome considering that they didn't have to "workout" to get that much bigger.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
Its always possible that wasnt the look he was going for?

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
Fact is Flex isn't much bigger that the typical pro BB'er, if he really has this gene then he couldn't help but to get huge. Look at the pics of the rats and cows, they're huges WITHOUT exercize. Now with Flex' workouts and the gear that he used, he should be as big as a house.

Flex was real set on winning the Olympia title before he retired and was competing against guys like Lee Haney and Dorian Yates, do you really think he didn't want to be huge?? What pro BB'er doesn't want to be bigger than the competition??

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
Are you asking me to make a list of bodybuilders who arent willing to sacrifice their personal view of aesthetics just so they can play the "size game" with Ronnie Coleman?

I know what youre saying though, my point is just that each individual has their own idea of what is or isnt too big, and maybe Flex was just as big as he wanted to be.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That letter was circulated to make it look like he never used steroids, or any enhancers, and was just that big because of his supposed myostatin mutation. Just what I heard.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
I hear ya...

but the point i was trying to make is that the baby that was born without myostatin was twice the size of normal babies, hulk mice is almost twice the size of a normal mouse, and those Belgian Blue cattle have twice as much meat as regular cows all without doing any extra work. They got that big just because the aren't producing myostatin. If Flex really had the mutant gene as claimed on the article, he wouldn't even have had to workout to get as big as he is already.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh I agree, and definitely don't believe that letter.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Can anyone post any pics of this wunderkid? The article from New England Journal of Medicine seems to imply that it's possible to build muscle mass without the associated hypertrophy of the heart as this kid is twice the size but his heart appears to be normal sized.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fact is Flex isn't much bigger that the typical pro BB'er, if he really has this gene then he couldn't help but to get huge. Look at the pics of the rats and cows, they're huges WITHOUT exercize. Now with Flex' workouts and the gear that he used, he should be as big as a house.

Flex was real set on winning the Olympia title before he retired and was competing against guys like Lee Haney and Dorian Yates, do you really think he didn't want to be huge?? What pro BB'er doesn't want to be bigger than the competition??
Actualy I beleive he did have the mutation. I remeber reading something about a few people having it. It was awhile ago but to answer your question why he didn't grow like the cows or the mice is because their is diffrent forms of mutation to the myostatin gene. If I remeber right both babys parents had a mutation also and were unusualy strong. I guess I can't say for sure if flex had it but from what I read not all will turn out like that baby. LOL like I said I've read things on the past about myostatin but its been awhile so hopefully someone will jump in that can explain it to us.

csly

Awards
Cardiac muscle fibers and skeletal muscle fibers are differnt. And I assume that differnt genes controll regulation of each. So Myostatin for skeletal tissue and something else for Cardiac tissue fibers. I will try to look more into this.

enash

Awards
Man l.i.f.e has got some heavy stuff up there now. They say the have MT II in stock. As far as the myostat antibodies, they need to tell us some more info. like is it a human/ape antibody, or a fuckin chicken antibody. Makes a huge difference. Were is Einstein? We need him on this one.

enash

Awards
Also, is it a myostatin anti-body, or an anti-myostatin antibody? Sounds like just redundancy, but it could means it inhibits the inhibitors. Garsh would that suck! Man why can't they even give a little detail about the peptide.

enash

Awards
Anyone posting about these specific products in the other forums? I strictly go here. Can't stand them other sites.

misconstrued

Awards
This is a picture of him at 7 months of age:

Can anyone post any pics of this wunderkid? The article from New England Journal of Medicine seems to imply that it's possible to build muscle mass without the associated hypertrophy of the heart as this kid is twice the size but his heart appears to be normal sized.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
Damn... if he continues to grow like that, he'll make coleman look like mini-me...

EPe9686518

Awards
Man I am so interested in this. Specially now with the virus delivery system. I hope some one starts doing some research on this soon. I can't wait to see the results. So who is brave enough to order some? :p

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Not me! Without much data on this stuff you would have to be crazy to use it.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
If someone can tell me how to use it, i'd place an order tomorrow...