My IGF-1 Cycle Thread

joetrisman

Awards
20mcg IGF-1(media grade) x2/day (one @ noon and one @midnight....either working out at 10pm or 10am depending on my schedule).

*Hoping cycle will improve joints enough to merit an AAS cycle (never done one before due to bad joints)*

Day 5
I didn't post before today as I hadn't noticed anything unusual till today. Did bi's/tri's today and the pumps were amazing. :thumbsup: I felt huge. I still felt very strong today and continued to push out my projected higher weight this week, but my reps fell short as the pumps made my 10rep sets impossible. I was only able to complete 6-8 reps per set.

Felt my shoulder flaring up a little bit through the workout(torn rotator cuff about 2yrs ago when I was @ 227 15%BF and been trying to get back ever since). So I'm still waiting for the tendon repairing/strengthing effects. Will keep posted.

BTW, haven't lost/gained any weight since starting. Dead stuck at 198. No notice of other side effects that I have read such as skin changes, increased vascularity, or bf loss. Did have a headache from hell today (which is rare for me), but I had read this was only at high doses?

Will keep "daily" (well at least workout days unless other symptoms arise) posts. And if any of you mods thinks this would be better in the cycle info forum, then please move. I just thought it might be better here as it's not really a cycle about gains as in terms with androgens, but a thread about recovery and my experiences with igf-1

Cosmo

Awards
"*Hoping cycle will improve joints enough to merit an AAS cycle (never done one before due to bad joints)*"

Is deca not an option?

joetrisman

Awards
My understanding is that deca will only help joints while on cycle by water retention? After cycle, I'd still have the strength and the size, but my joints would go back to being below par. So the only solutions I've came up with is to run this IGF-1 cycle and later try a HGH cycle.

Cosmo

Awards
I'll assume you take glucosamine, chondroiton, msm, and omega-3 oils, but have you tried cetyl myristoleate?

joetrisman

Awards
I'll assume you take glucosamine, chondroiton, msm, and omega-3 oils, but have you tried cetyl myristoleate?
Yeah, I run glucosamine, chondroiton, and flax oil (not msm though, I know its suppose to help, just never added it to the mix). I'll try the cetyl myristoleate, but after a quick search, it seemed a little hoky to me. Don't take it the wrong way, but the way I understood the text I read, was that it clears up some type of chemicals that send pain signals. That sounds counter productive to me as you could be hurting yourself and not know it. Have you personally had any experience with this supplement? I'll do more reading on it later tonight.

Day 6.

Doh! Ate a heavy meal with red meat too soon before the gym. Hurt my workout bad. Pumps were still better than normal. No headaches today and body composition is looking slightly better (probably all in my head considering this is day 6). Shoulder generally bothers me some the day after a bi/tri workout (not from shitty form....from stablizing), but today I am pain free. Really looking forward to my chest and back day on Thursday to push the envolope and see how my shoulder is doing :cheers:

Edit: Still @ 198

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Are you using Muscle Research's igf and is it 1mg/ml? How do you get 20mcg thats such a small amount.

Cosmo

Awards
"Have you personally had any experience with this supplement?"

Yes, I popped my shoulder (in and out of the socket very quickly) doing overhead db presses. Shoulder hurt for weeks and didnt seem to get better until I ran a course of CM, the pain was gone in 2 weeks I think (long time ago). Anyways I believe it helped me and I also told a friend that had shoulder problems for years and he says it helps him alot, though not 100%. I was reading about it awhile ago but and I believe I read that it works through multiple functions one was by accumulating in the joints and directly helping becuase it is a waxy substance and the other function seemed to be by regulating the immune system and its effect on the joints. Havent heard about it stopping pain signals though, who knows.

joetrisman

Awards
Day 8.

Weight (all things being equal) @ 202 - Your guess is as good as mine

Chest/Back Day:
Excellent pumps again. Vascularity is developing a little more. All of my pressing movements went up today, but I feel like that's a result of me not fearing my shoulder right now. I am pain free today, but sometimes the irratation doesn't happen till the following day. Also noticed the hypo effects today, which is reassuring that my observations aren't totally in my head. I really don't look forward to coming off IGF-1 :(

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
My understanding is that deca will only help joints while on cycle by water retention? After cycle, I'd still have the strength and the size, but my joints would go back to being below par. So the only solutions I've came up with is to run this IGF-1 cycle and later try a HGH cycle.
Deca actually stimulates collagen synthesis, as does EQ and could certainly help your joints. Adequan is the king of joint repair and is gaurenteed to fix them up but I have heard that it is becoming difficult to obtain. Many vet supply places now requesting a prescription.

joetrisman

Awards
Deca actually stimulates collagen synthesis, as does EQ and could certainly help your joints. Adequan is the king of joint repair and is gaurenteed to fix them up but I have heard that it is becoming difficult to obtain. Many vet supply places now requesting a prescription.
I found mixed reviews about the Adequan on other boards. It seems very interesting, but the price along with it having some bad reviews offsets my curiousity. I'll file it away in my mind as a last resort.

Anyway,

Day 10 (yesterday)

Weight @ 201

Workout was just ok today. I went without a lot of sleep due to work the night before, so it definately hindered things. Pumps were still way above normal, but my intensity was **** due to lack of energy. I hate how life interfers with my bodybuilding :( However, I did kill my calves yesterday, which usually results in my ankles hurting the following day (tendons? ligaments?), but today, everything feels fine. It even seems like the igf-1 is offsetting my soreness to some degree. I think I will try receptor grade next time around with the igf-1 though, as I've heard that the differences are almost night and day between grades. If this is true, I can't imagine the kind of gains that I would make.

Oh, and other people have commented on my physique looking "a LOT better" in the past couple of days, but in all fairness, I have been busting my ass in the gym all winter with balls to the wall workouts (powerlifting exercises, drop sets, supersets, and been playing with german volume training lately).

joetrisman

Awards
Day 15. (yesterday)

Bi's/Tri's

My numbers continue to peak. I put up 5 more lbs on dumbell curls and 10 more lbs on tricep pressdowns. I wish I could maintain these pumps all day long. They feel great! I look and feel much bigger than when I normally workout. I'm thinking I've gained a little size in my arms, but alas, I did not measure when I started the cycle. I need to get some calipers as well. And the best part is my shoulder is virtually pain free! With this in mind, I am plan on a early summer cycle of tren and prop followed up with some more igf-1 :D

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I found mixed reviews about the Adequan on other boards. It seems very interesting, but the price along with it having some bad reviews offsets my curiousity. I'll file it away in my mind as a last resort.
What mixed reviews, I have read nothing but good things about it. And it is relativerly inexpensive, $150 worth should last a very long time.

I would like to hear some of the bad reviews for Adequan!

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
i agree with neuromancer. i've seen some studies (hardly conclusive, but pretty good nonetheless) that deca does help collagen synthesis. and of course, the umpteen anecdotal reports support this. iow, i agree. it's not just water retention, i think it is something more