Safe for an 18-19 yr. old?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.67%

Safe for an 18-19 yr. old?

Don't wanna get flamed here but am curious whether or not it's safe for a late yrs. teen to use this? Just curious, remember. Thanks!

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

What GH, slin, IGF-1?
    I personally think it should all wait for a few years..
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.55%

None of them are remotely safe for a teen. Although slin is the most dangerous substance of the three for ANYONE, I think it would be the one substance of the three, that would produce the fewest amount of long term side effects for the teen in question.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.67%

Quote Originally Posted by captainbicept
    None of them are remotely safe for a teen. Although slin is the most dangerous substance of the three for ANYONE, I think it would be the one substance of the three, that would produce the fewest amount of long term side effects for the teen in question.
    I'm sorry, that was stupid of me. I wanted to ask about IGF-1. So it is dangerous? I haven't been able to find anything about the dangers of it, or the possible dangers I should say. Any info out there you guys have? Links?
  5. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.52%

Scientists and doctors still have really FEW data concerning its use in the muscle realm, basically it has been synthetized and used extensively as a therapeutic compound only for growth failure and diabetes. Almost every cells in the body is affected by IGF1, especially in muscle cells, cartilage, bones, liver, kidney, and it can regulate cell growth and cellular dna synthesis. Anyway,the highest rates of IGF1 occur during the puberty, and the lowest during infancy and old age. Basically, as stated above, it affects the body in MANY WAYS, way more than anabolic steroids do, hence the fact that a lot of side effects of all kind can be expected remember that, personally I would NOT take IGF (as well as GH or SLIN) at 18.... No doubt it got huge potential for hyperplasmia in muscle cells, again I think it would be non sense to take it when you are in your 20s . Skip that, Wait until you turn 60 or around, and then you can think about it.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.67%

Quote Originally Posted by Julien
    Scientists and doctors still have really FEW data concerning its use in the muscle realm, basically it has been synthetized and used extensively as a therapeutic compound only for growth failure and diabetes. Almost every cells in the body is affected by IGF1, especially in muscle cells, cartilage, bones, liver, kidney, and it can regulate cell growth and cellular dna synthesis. Anyway,the highest rates of IGF1 occur during the puberty, and the lowest during infancy and old age. Basically, as stated above, it affects the body in MANY WAYS, way more than anabolic steroids do, hence the fact that a lot of side effects of all kind can be expected remember that, personally I would NOT take IGF (as well as GH or SLIN) at 18.... No doubt it got huge potential for hyperplasmia in muscle cells, again I think it would be non sense to take it when you are in your 20s . Skip that, Wait until you turn 60 or around, and then you can think about it.
    Good call i think. I was just really curious. I do hope to see more research on this though. Very interesting!
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.66%

interesting yes, its probably not safe for anyone.
  8. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.52%

yup more research are being done in laboratories when i'm writing these words but theres still a lot of mystery around these substances (IGF and GH). It generates a lot of contreversy about its use, even in the medical field, this is what happened when they first discovered androgens ....
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.23%

The great thing about IGF1 is its ability to create brand new strands of muscle fiber...whereas steroids and lifting makes the fibers thicker and bigger...I think IGF1 is the main reason and cause of the difference of how bodybuilders look today than they did in arnolds era....
  10. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.56%

GH is basically a "prohormone" to IGF and I would not condone the use of either. Yes, they are very tempting, but you must also consider the fact that with IGF-R3 there is basically no real medical knowledge of this drug. My buddys in med school right now and I am trying to get him to do a research project on it if he ever gets the opportunity.
  11. king of useless information!!!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.24%

a 18-19 year old should have NO use for IGF

boss k - what do you mean GH is like a "ph" to IGF? Are you trying to say it's a precursor?
  12. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.47%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Why would a teenager want to use IGF-1?. That makes no sense at all!. I wish I had the igf-1 and test levels of a teenager!. Teenagers I guess always want shortcuts, but being a teenager you already are primed hormonally to make the best gains of your life!. Most teens just don't realize this and they should pick up a book once in a while before asking questions...
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

IGF-1 is formed from GH, so in that way it could be seen as a precursor, but GH is a precursor to other things as well as having effects of its own.

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.67%

Just asking a question. Considering it's technically not illegal now, and there is so much talkn about it I thought I'd ask. I do realize I'm young and have no need of it now. The thought of forming "totally new" muscle fibers really made me interested. That's a very tempting proposition, teenager or not. Now that I have my question answered, I'm in better perspective. I like books too, by the way. :>)

Speaking of which, are there any books out there dedicated to drugs in research that aren't out yet? I was looking at a Borders yesterday and didn't find squat.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.23%

Builttolast it says your 25?

I dont wanna tempt you, I myself have never used it...And while im against teenagers using these substances they WILL use these substances no matter what is said(look how many use narcotic/stimulant drugs with all the antidrug ads).. Lotsa the pros im sure used in their teens, they dont care about already high test levels, its big freaky mass there obsessed about, or being the strongest, or the sexiest, with magazine likes flex and Mmag showing huge muscular men with girls hanging around on them kids these days are expected to be 'strong' and built alot more these days, theres alot of pressure. While I never used PH/roids when I was a teen lotsa teens in the gym who used them appreared to be guys under enourmous amounts of social and peer pressure constantly comparing themselves to the guys iin the magazine or the 28 year old roid user in the gym, at the same time with the football coach yelling at them to do more sacks and increase his leg strenght...
  16. king of useless information!!!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.24%

good call renton - how old are you builtolast?

Similar Forum Threads

1. AI/SERM for 19 yr old???
    By rankbull in forum Supplements
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 06:02 AM
  2. AI/SERM for 19 yr old??
    By rankbull in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 07:22 AM
  3. Bulking Training Program for an 18 year old
    By kmoore in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6