Freezing IGF

cmlpwr

Awards
I recently started my second cycle of IGF. My first cycle I had stored the vial of IGF in the freeezer, and never had a problem with it freezing. Today I got the vial of igf that just purchased through MR, and had stored it in the freezer just as I did before, and when I took it out it was froze. It only took about 5 min to thaw, but my concern is that could it of harmed it at all? I appreciate any feedback.

builtolast

Awards
I recently started my second cycle of IGF. My first cycle I had stored the vial of IGF in the freeezer, and never had a problem with it freezing. Today I got the vial of igf that just purchased through MR, and had stored it in the freezer just as I did before, and when I took it out it was froze. It only took about 5 min to thaw, but my concern is that could it of harmed it at all? I appreciate any feedback.
Bump, also how long (if it's a good idea) can you store IGF-1 w/o it going bad? Any way to stockl up if you don't plan on using it within the next year? Just thought I'd ask. thanks

956Vette

Awards
no need to freeze. its fine if it is just in ba...but you need to make darn sure what it is suspended in. lesson being, just place it in the fridge under normal temp and dont worry about it :)

JTrans

Awards
I agree w/ 956....I just keep em in the fridge....no need to freeze it.....and I always mix mine w/ B12 regardless if theres BA in it.....just to make sure......JT

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
Could you post your results about how the frozen stuff is working?

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I stored the old BA formula in the freezer with no freezing or problems. The new MR formula uses AA instead of BA. I read somewhere that you definitely shouldn't store the AA version in the freezer, as AA freezes at fairly low temps. Letting it actually freeze will probably damage the peptide, it may be useless. I'd email MR & see what they say.

drei

Awards
Why Freeze it?

Why freeze your IGF-1 when the fridge will do?

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I found it easier to stash it out of sight in my freezer, in case I have people over going into the fridge, etc. There is no usage benefit.