Can Lr3 IGF use make one a diabetic ?

H

heavyperformer

Awards
Do you people think it's possible to upset the insulin balance with IGF use and after it's stopped the user is essentially a diabetic ?

B

builtolast

Awards
bump, very curious. I know very little about it too, so this would help.

G

Greenguy

Awards
  • Established
Do you people think it's possible to upset the insulin balance with IGF use and after it's stopped the user is essentially a diabetic ?
No, I don't believe it is possible...

I have type 2 diabetes, and have studied the disease extensively.

Greenguy

MuscleResearch

MuscleResearch

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There is actually positive research being done that is showing igf may benefit people who are diabetic

M

Mr.Striation

Awards
There is actually positive research being done that is showing igf may benefit people who are diabetic
All of the studies I have read on Igf and diabetes have suggested that Igf-1 increases insulin sensitivity in type II diabetics. However it is thought that this is due to the fact that Igf can bind to the IR and act like insulin. I have not seen any long term studies however it has been suggested that the Igf-1 may not only help while on but should increase insulin sensitivity even after terminating its use. Im figuring this has been suggested, because while on it may be able to stimulate non-active IR's and make them active and they may remain active even after. As far as type I diabetes I would assume IGF-1 would be helpful with them as well because of its ability to bind to the IR, however would make no difference after stopping use because there would again be no insulin to bind to the IR so it would not matter if you made inactive ones active or not. So pretty much to some it up from what is currently known about Igf-1 no it is not possible to become diabetic from use, atleast from anything I have ever read.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tobias Sherman IGF-1/GH 16
J IGF-1/GH 2
S Anabolics 1
V Supplements 3
R Anabolics 5