Reconstituting IGF-1 with white vinegar
11-09-2004 03:27 PM
Hang'n & Bang'n
Reconstituting IGF-1 with white vinegar
Here's some interesting reading from RedBaron... this was a repost on the AnabolicReview board.
Reconstituting IGF-1 with white vinegar I have noticed several posts lately wondering about a good method for reconstituting IGF-1 and a few posts about using vinegar/water to do so. I originally wrote this post at anabolicmonsterz, but since there seems to be a reasonable interest here as well, I will post it for those that might be interested.
I began using this method many months ago mainly out of impatience. I was out of Benzyl Alcohol, and while I had access to HCl, it wasn't accessible when I wanted to begin my IGF-1 LR3 cycle. I decided to use plain ol' grocery store Distilled White Vinegar. I used the following, which has worked out really well for me....and the feedback I have had from others that I have shared it with has been positive so far. So here it is for anyone that is interested:
Distilled white vinegar is supposed to be standardized to ~5% acetic acid, which would make it 850mM. To get it to the recommended 100mM, you'd want 11.76% white vinegar (100mM/850mM = 11.76%). Since it would be almost impossible to draw out 11.76IU's, I round this to 12, which is certainly going to be close to our desired 100mM.
The filtering process:
I use off the shelf grocery store distilled white vinegar. In order to ensure safety, I filter it using .20u whatman filters. Here is the step by step for those that may not be familiar with filtering using whatmans. What you will want to have on hand before starting out is some sterile vials, some .20u whatman filters, some syringes and needles (I use a 10cc syringe, and .23 gauge 1" needles), and some alcohol swabs.
(1) First draw up about 10cc of the distilled white vinegar
(2) screw on the .20u whatman to the 10cc syringe (or whatever size you use)
(3) screw on a .23 gauge needle (or whatever size you decide to use)
(4) take your sterile vial, swab the top with alcohol, insert a needle for venting.
(5) Insert your syringe/whatman/needle apparatus and slowly push the 10cc's into the sterile vial.
Now you have safe vinegar to use for your reconstituting.
How much water/vinegar you reconstitute with is going to somewhat depend on which IGF-1 LR3 you are using. Igtropin is shipped in 100mcg vials, which I usually reconstitute at 1ml(cc) per 100mcg vial. The gropep based IGF-1's are primarily shipped in 1mg vials, and I usually use 3ml - 5mls for these. At any rate, what I do is:
(1) take an alcohol swab and swab the tops of my water, vinegar solution, and IGF-1 vials
(2) take a 3cc syringe with a 23 gauge, 1" needle and draw out .12 cc's of vinegar for the 100mcg vials or .36 cc's(if 3ml) - .60cc's(if 5ml) for the 1mg vials.
(3) next I take this syringe and draw out the water - .88cc's for 100mcg, 2.64cc's(if 3ml) to 4.4cc's(if 5ml) for the 1mg.
*****I realize that I can't get this kind of precision, but I get it as close as possible******
(4) next i poke the needle into the IGF-1 LR3 vial and dribble this solution down the side of the vial, avoid any direct spray on the lyophilized powder until all of the dilutent is in the vial
(5) using a gentle swirling motion, I reconstitute the powder.
(6) I stick the vial in the fridge and it is now ready for use.
Well, I think that about sums it up. Hope this helps some people who have maybe been wondering about using vinegar to reconstitute. I would advise that if you end up using Igtropin, you avoid using BA....use this vinegar method for sure. Igtropin and BA do not get along well together at all.
Similar Forum Threads
By jshin in forum Nutrition / Health
Last Post: 02-20-2010, 02:26 PM
By unoigo in forum IGF-1/GH
Last Post: 06-14-2008, 01:58 PM
By massarmor in forum Nutrition / Health
Last Post: 11-22-2006, 10:19 AM
By oswizzle in forum Supplements
Last Post: 08-02-2006, 12:45 PM
By The Graduate in forum Supplements
Last Post: 06-16-2006, 06:18 AM