insulin question

hazmat1

Awards
hey guys im new here tryin to figure out one thing, what is the ideal range of calories u should use when running slin? im tryin to put together a cycle and thinkin about using slin but want to get some reseaarch done first. i dont know the amout yet let's just if i was runnin 8-10 units a day.

thanks dave

cuba

Awards
Hello hazmat not sure about calories but as a type 1 diabetic myself ye need to take 10g of carbs per 1 unit of insulin hope this helps

cuba

Awards
Hello hazmat not sure about calories but as a type 1 diabetic myself ye need to take 10g of carbs per 1 unit of insulin hope this helps

chipsotoole

Awards
I do it at 11 iu post workout only. I also have played with the carb intake. If you are working out in the late day or evening you do not need (in my experience) as many simple carbs post dose. With that being said, a lot depends on how you eat during the day. If you know you will be dosing that day you stay a bit more generous with the carbs during the day. I find that if i dose early in the day,if I lift early, I get tired and sluggish and my eyes feel feverish...EVEN WITH the 10g carb per iu rule..NOT a good feeling and makes me worthless for the day. I have done two a day doses as well..****TY feeling X 10!..Be careful! You really need to get a feel for hypo when you are starting this stuff because it will kill you dead and you wont even know it till its too late. I would encourage you to have the ABB Carbo Force or grape juice with you as you start. have a buddy with you for at least 4 hours post. DO NOT think more is better here. More will cause erratic fluctuations that can not be controlled by eating sugar and once this begins god help you!.. !0 to 11 iu is all you need and if you are mature in your thinking and stay organized in diet and mind you will be fine. I also do not recommend more than three doses per week. This behavior is much like opening the back of the computer and probing around with a screw driver..Touch the wrong thing and its over.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That ratio is specific to you.

Some people are more or less. As a non diabetic his ratio should d a bit higher per unit

500/ total daily insulin = carbs per unit of insulin

cuba

Awards
I'm from n Ireland and I know compared to USA diabetics here are a LOT less educated.yes 1 unit is what I was told just in may as a new guideline for everyone on Novorapid but for me it would be closer to 3 to be honest.I just thought 1-10 would be a good rough guide sorry.
I've found that I'm not nearly as sensitive to my insulin as I used to be and was wondering EBF if that is a benefit to me as a weightlifter as I can/have to take more to simply regulate sugars.In other words is the anabolic effect reduced seeing as I'm not as sensitive?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm from n Ireland and I know compared to USA diabetics here are a LOT less educated.yes 1 unit is what I was told just in may as a new guideline for everyone on Novorapid but for me it would be closer to 3 to be honest.I just thought 1-10 would be a good rough guide sorry.
I've found that I'm not nearly as sensitive to my insulin as I used to be and was wondering EBF if that is a benefit to me as a weightlifter as I can/have to take more to simply regulate sugars.In other words is the anabolic effect reduced seeing as I'm not as sensitive?
As a type one you pancreas also secretes less amylin. Talk to your doc. About using it. It can cut insulin doses in half