IGF cutting cycle

Grant

Awards
  • Established
I might be using IGF while I cut, for the next 4-5 weeks before my next cycle, I am 5'11 and 194 pounds and will be eating about 2200-500 cals a day, doing 4-5 days a week of max ot training, and also doing HIIT cardio for 3-4 times a week. My diet has been really shitty so I will have to get that in check first, not sure how I am going to split it up, I will get 1-1.5 grams of protein per lb per day. I am on clen and will be cycling an ephedra after the clen. Any suggestions or tips?

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
keep it all low gi carbs (whole grains, oatmeal, etc)

Limit carbs last meal

eat 6x a day

Get between 300-330 g protein a day

I personally thought a 50p/30c/20f split worked really well. Its hard to get that much protein but theres some good stuff to eat out there, canned chicken, tuna, skim milk should all be good.

Also 2200 calories for someone your size while on IGF-1 is extremly low, be careful! Personally i'd bump it between 2500-2700, but you know your body better than i do, so i'm just gonna tell you to stay safe.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think by far the most important tip you need to know is that igf-1 lowers blood sugar the most around the 2 hour point after injection. (i may be able to dig up graphs somewhere if i find time).

Make sure you have carbs between 1 hour and 30 minutes, and 1 hour and 45 minutes after your injections. This is especi`lly crucial on a cutting diet.

Hope that helps some.

Jerry1979

Awards
I'm starting a 6 week ph-cycle in january and will run IGF with it the last few weeks. I was in bulk and never stopped when the summer came. Right now I'm at 19% bodyfat and do want that to be as low as possible before I start the cycle in january. Will it help a lot if I throw in an IGF-1 cycle for 4 weeks in my cutting now? (along with a cal. reduced diet of course). Will it give a big difference?

Thanks in advance!

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I don't think you need to lower cals that much with IGF, it really is an excellent nutrient partitioner. I lost 3% BF in a month eating at maintenance & doing cardio 3-4x a week.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Ok cool, I will raise cals to 2500. I have done IGF once before, shot it IM, this time I think I will do sub-q, as it seems many people are geting more systemic uptake of it rather then localized in just that muslce you shoot in to. Or maybe I have it wrong, when you shoot IM does it mainly stay in the muscles, or eventully go systemic but at a slower rate then sub-q?

Mr.Sparkle

Awards
I thought when shooting sub-q leaves welts? IM is faster absorbtion

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Welts are not an issue with the IGF in an AA solution instead of a BA solution.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
You have a more systemic uptake with sub-q. But the problem with that is there's a large amount IGF receptors in your intestines, so much of it will bind there. IM supposedly keeps it more localized to skeletal muscle.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
what kind of carbs would want 1.5 hours after shot high or low GI?
i would think high GI if your blood sugar is dropping low but i don't know for sure and that's why i ask :)

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
what kind of carbs would want 1.5 hours after shot high or low GI?
i would think high GI if your blood sugar is dropping low but i don't know for sure and that's why i ask :)
its not like slin where you immediately need carbs. Low GI would work fine, it's usually not even an issue, but since he said he was cutting, sometimes people only eat like 5 meals and really space them out, so i was just trying to keep him safe.