HGH Level - what is optimal? average?

1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

HGH Level - what is optimal? average?

I've done some searching around, and I can't seem to find (on here, or on the web) a list of what "normal" or even optimal HGH levels are for individuals based on demographics. Obviously, HGH levels are high as you're younger and trail off and then I'd read that they decline 25% every year after age 30. However, I can't find anywhere that doesn't talk percentages and actually lists what someone's optimal numbers should be. I would assume this information is out there somewhere and I'm kind of surprised I don't see a chart that displays this.

My natural IGF-1 level is really good (in my opinion):

IGF-1: 357 ng/mL (ref: 112-402)

However, my HGH level, I assume, isn't:

HGH: 0.04 ng/mL (ref: <0.01-3.61)

The biggest problem is that I don't know what age range this lab chooses to account for for this range of numbers. On some of the tests, it will indicate "adult" and on others, there will be a note beneath it of what the level should be for a child under 6 months, etc. Does this range include teenagers? Just "adults"? Is my level only considered normal because it's still acceptable for a 60 year-old man? Would it be considered low out-of-range if the test was just for males age 20-30?

I would venture to guess that there are statistics out there somewhere that indicate what normal (but more importantly, optimal) levels are based on age. If anyone can assist me on this, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

The thing to remember is IGF1 chemistry is pretty hard to understand, especially from bloodwork that simply reports IGF1 as a total concentration.

IGF1 is basically the active form of GH. Most IGF1 is produced in the liver and sent through the blood to other tissues, but some IGF1 is produced in the tissue itself and acts on itself. The IGF1 that actually exerts an effect on tissues is unbound IGF1, or free IGF1 (like free testosterone in the testosterone system). However, IGF1 can also be complexed with other molecules, namely any of the IGF binding proteins (IGFBPs) and acid labile subunit (ALS). There are various reasons why IGF1 can be bound to these, but the important thing to know is that when IGF1 is complexed it won't bind to a cell receptor, and growth/cell proliferation/repair/etc won't occur. So to get a more complete picture of your personal GH-IGF1 axis, one would have to probably assay for total IGF1, free IGF1, and IGFBPs.

Now about your GH levels: to me, not terribly educated on the national average GH levels but having an inkling of an understanding of statistics, would say that you have low GH levels. However, without knowing the above, we can't really answer your question about your GH levels. It could be that you have a robust metabolic system that turns a greater amount of GH into IGF1, and that you have low IGFBPs allowing for a greater portion of your GH to become active IGF1 (free IGF1). If that's the case, then you are fine. Bottom line is I think you need to test for more parameters besides just IGF1.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.58%

What time of day were tests? Were the test in the early afternoon when GH maybe dropping, but IGF-1 still somewhat linear. How was sample taken and when and where analyzed. Dont have to answer, but all things to maybe look into.

My endo doesn't even test GH, only IGF-1 and other markets or factors because she says GH test can be unreliable. BTW, she is not your typical endo, was trained in Europe and was an endo for Russian athletes. I only say this because most just discount endos as American endo are generally useless unless needed to combat Americanized endocrine diseases such as diabetes and etc.

I have seen standard deviation charts on IGF-1 ranges for athletes and general public along with age brackets. You probably could find if you google.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 996ttelise View Post
    What time of day were tests? Were the test in the early afternoon when GH maybe dropping, but IGF-1 still somewhat linear. How was sample taken and when and where analyzed. Dont have to answer, but all things to maybe look into.

My endo doesn't even test GH, only IGF-1 and other markets or factors because she says GH test can be unreliable. BTW, she is not your typical endo, was trained in Europe and was an endo for Russian athletes. I only say this because most just discount endos as American endo are generally useless unless needed to combat Americanized endocrine diseases such as diabetes and etc.

I have seen standard deviation charts on IGF-1 ranges for athletes and general public along with age brackets. You probably could find if you google.
    I've had both tested in the AM and in the PM; levels of each have been consistent regardless of time.

The only reason HGH was measured was because I have elevated prolactin, so we were looking for other issues in the pituitary hormones. I was really happy with what my IGF-1 level was and would have never even looked at HGH if it weren't for the prolactin problem. But once I had it checked, it just made me wonder since GH has a host of benefits. That range is so wide, but I have no idea if that factors in teens' numbers, as well, which are obviously going to be higher.

And I remember you from the Vitamin D thread, so I'm already quite jealous of your endo, haha.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.58%

Yeah, your IGF-1 is great. Seems like professional athletes in the mid 20s have a mean of 350 to 400 and they are much higher than general population. Mine is generally between 290 and 350, but the range for my lab is up to 280 if I remember correctly. I generally run out of range high. Don't know much about GH result except I wouldn't worry to much about as I have always heard it is not very accurate. Places like Cybergenics would script you GH based on that reading though for the right amount of $$$s. My endo and anti aging doc would not because IGF-1 is too high and you could run risk of shifting axis permanently.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.58%

One final thought, did you eat or drink anything prior to your test. I always take these fasting. Something like a coke it candy bar good drive IGF-1 up and yet lower GH. IGF-1 is actually pretty easy to manipulate so you could gave accidentally altered results. You also do not want too huge if a gap or ratio too far out of whack.
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38%

Nope. Always fasted
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38%

Iv just bought £350.00 worth of Human Growth Hormone can anyone tell me how 2 administer it ie inject it into the wall of my belly?
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.56%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I'm wondering this too, if your low, who would script it to you, I can't imagine an endo doing it
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.58%

Quote Originally Posted by jaydollars View Post
    I'm wondering this too, if your low, who would script it to you, I can't imagine an endo doing it
    Endos that do very expensive no insurance taken anti-aging practices. Cybergenics is one such place that I will mention because what they fo used to be all over the net. Be prepared to spend about 40k to 50k for year. They do full body scans dexa and crazy hormone panel testing. Very expensive to get the real stuff and you need to be closely monitored. There are other doctors out there if you search, but very, very $$$. Regular doctors won't write because no off label indications and that stuff is well monitored. This is reason why all **** you get elsewhere is inferior or fake as hell. I have done low dose, 2ius a day, for several months to heal am injury and I can tell you that, that stuff, when real, is amazing and truly fountain of youth.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.56%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 996ttelise
    Endos that do very expensive no insurance taken anti-aging practices. Cybergenics is one such place that I will mention because what they fo used to be all over the net. Be prepared to spend about 40k to 50k for year. They do full body scans dexa and crazy hormone panel testing. Very expensive to get the real stuff and you need to be closely monitored. There are other doctors out there if you search, but very, very $$$. Regular doctors won't write because no off label indications and that stuff is well monitored. This is reason why all **** you get elsewhere is inferior or fake as hell. I have done low dose, 2ius a day, for several months to heal am injury and I can tell you that, that stuff, when real, is amazing and truly fountain of youth.
    Did it help you reduce adipose tissue as well? Sleep better etc?

I am so intrigued by HGH, but the money is insane to get it, would never try to order it online either
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.92%

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    I've done some searching around, and I can't seem to find (on here, or on the web) a list of what "normal" or even optimal HGH levels are for individuals based on demographics. Obviously, HGH levels are high as you're younger and trail off and then I'd read that they decline 25% every year after age 30. However, I can't find anywhere that doesn't talk percentages and actually lists what someone's optimal numbers should be. I would assume this information is out there somewhere and I'm kind of surprised I don't see a chart that displays this.

My natural IGF-1 level is really good (in my opinion):

IGF-1: 357 ng/mL (ref: 112-402)

However, my HGH level, I assume, isn't:

HGH: 0.04 ng/mL (ref: <0.01-3.61)

The biggest problem is that I don't know what age range this lab chooses to account for for this range of numbers. On some of the tests, it will indicate "adult" and on others, there will be a note beneath it of what the level should be for a child under 6 months, etc. Does this range include teenagers? Just "adults"? Is my level only considered normal because it's still acceptable for a 60 year-old man? Would it be considered low out-of-range if the test was just for males age 20-30?

I would venture to guess that there are statistics out there somewhere that indicate what normal (but more importantly, optimal) levels are based on age. If anyone can assist me on this, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    hgh has a very short halflife(20 minutes?), it's produced in bursts by pituitary gland, and mostly at bed time. Only way to be sure is to take a specific test(I did), but with your igf1 I would not worry too much, it's probably going to be high..
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.58%

Quote Originally Posted by jaydollars View Post
    Did it help you reduce adipose tissue as well? Sleep better etc?I am so intrigued by HGH, but the money is insane to get it, would never try to order it online either
    I used it to heal a broken femur so I was in pretty bad shape when taking it. I healed it in about half the time and was back on tour competing within 5 months when season started back up.

I noticed differences in skin, energy, hair, vision seemed clearer and I am already 20/18. Sleep was best I have ever had as I am somewhat of an insomniac. Hard to explain, but I felt like a new person and my mood seemed brighter and energy seemed higher. Definitely a nice little kick sexually and my shoulders seem to feel better and smoother than they have felt in years. Pro surfer so shoulders get a lot of use.

I was not hitting gym as far as heavy weight lifting and mainly doing physical therapy and stuff to keep in shape and build core muscles, but I stayed really cut even though I was sitting in my arse more than I had ever had. Not sure GH is what body builders would seek, but if you want to feel years younger, look younger and all if sudden have no joints that hurt, this may be for you.

The joint thing is hard to explain as I lived with it so long you tune it out and don't think about it. One day I woke up and just realized when moving about and showering that nothing ached and I did not have compensate or move in certain ways to keep shoulder and knees from aching.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38%

HGH Levels

Quote Originally Posted by francesco View Post
    hgh has a very short halflife(20 minutes?), it's produced in bursts by pituitary gland, and mostly at bed time. Only way to be sure is to take a specific test(I did), but with your igf1 I would not worry too much, it's probably going to be high..
    8/19/12
    I'm 49yrs, I started HGH because I thought I would benefit from it. So I talked with my doc about and he agreed to watch my levels(testing). healthy levels should be no more then 3.0 Now when I had started my levels were at 0.025, almost NOTHING! injecting 3UI a day of Yellow tops 1 in the morning 1 hour before bed, my levels jumped to 3.4 tappered back to just 2ui before bed. levels are just under 3.0 October 4th 2012 will be 1yr on HGH. Love the sleep, the energy, no more back aches and pains when waking in the morning!!!!

Similar Forum Threads

1. High vitamin D level = high testosterone level
    By liquid in forum Supplements
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-09-2014, 03:40 AM
  2. How much sleep do you average?
    By purebred in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 07:16 PM
  3. gains above average
    By king1033 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7