starting igf tonight finally

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well finally going to start tonight at 40mcg a day IM bilaterally, few last minute qusetions

1) Its been in the freezer for two months suppose its good still?

2) Two night a week I have to run straight off after lifting to teach an intense cardio karate class. Should I poke between or just wait till after cardio? Dont watn to lose the effectiveness of pwo shot but dont have a lot of time between sessions.

3) Do you all carb up when u shoot this stuff? Think I read of someone eating a big bowl of oatmeal to combat next day lethargy....any help appreciated.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
1- Yes it's still good.

2- Try to inject asap after lifting. To get the site-specific results you are looking for by shooting bilaterally, you should inject when receptors are upregulated.

3- Yes, you absolutely need to carb-up with a simple carb immediately after injecting. For best results, you also need a fast acting protein. I use 50g dextrose with 75g whey in water. If you feel any symtoms of going hypo, take more simple carbs immediately. It's not a bad idea to have glucose tabs just in case.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
1- Yes it's still good.

2- Try to inject asap after lifting. To get the site-specific results you are looking for by shooting bilaterally, you should inject when receptors are upregulated.

3- Yes, you absolutely need to carb-up with a simple carb immediately after injecting. For best results, you also need a fast acting protein. I use 50g dextrose with 75g whey in water. If you feel any symtoms of going hypo, take more simple carbs immediately. It's not a bad idea to have glucose tabs just in case.
lol looks like I will not be starting tonight. Thanks for the answers longdog. I guess I need to get some dextrose and some glucose tabs. Can you get the tabs at any drugstore? I am concerned with using this much sugar a day. hope the igf keeps it from turning to fat. I am also concerned that if I use it after lifting but before the cardio that the lethargy may keep me from being able to teach. lOL my schedule sux at times. Do you suppose since the cardio is intense and does involve pushups dips etc it might be ok to inject after

farmer

Awards
Longdog, I just wanted to bring to your attention that he is talking about igf not slin. Maybe I missed something here, but it sounded like your advice was for slin.

SyntholMan

Banned
Awards
yeah I don't think you need all those carbs at once after igf-1 If i were you I would take 'slin with the igf-1 they seem to boost each other's effects greatly

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the response so far guys I do appreciate it. I did two shots tonight 20mcg per bicep. Used 1/2 cc slin wiht the balance BW. I have the MR stuff with 1ml BA and added 1.5 for ease of measuring. couple things i notice

1) Stuff bubbles like hell when you add the BW. perhaps because the igf is in freezer and the BW was room temp?

2) The igf vial leaked after withdrawing the slin pin....I wonder if this is because the rubber stopper if brittle from being frozen? maybe I should move to frig now that I am using it?

3) my biceps hurt like hell! lol...hopefully it is normal that the shot makes them sore?? they are subsiding some. Its not like debilitating or anything but defineately sore.

any advice appreciated.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
IGF does not require the same protocol as slin, but users can get hypo symptoms. I have only felt slight hypo symtoms 1-2 times, but better safe than sorry. The risks are not nearly the same as slin. To maximize IGF's effects, you need the dextrose & whey- read thru the stickies for details. Some guys are taking upwards of 70g sugar, which I think is overkill. You can get by with 25-30g dextrose if cutting, etc. But yes, IGF is a great nutrient partitioner, it would be very difficult to put on fat. You will see some nice fat loss even without a calorie defecit.

You'll be fine waiting until after cardio to inject.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
3) my biceps hurt like hell! lol...hopefully it is normal that the shot makes them sore?? they are subsiding some. Its not like debilitating or anything but defineately sore.

any advice appreciated.
My bi's always hurt afterwards, more than any other site. Most likely the BA. Quads usually ache a little, but rarely anywhere else. I've found pecs to be the easiest & most painless.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
igf-1 has many of the same hypo symptoms as slin.

If i remember correctly, the effects of the igf-1 on blood glucose are the greatest 2 hours post injection, (this is the period where blood sugar levels are the lowest), so i think if using igf-1 alone w/ no slin, the PWO meal of low GI carbs about 1 hour-1 hour and 15 minutes later is more important to have on time, than even the dextrose PWO.

Personally i'd use a bit less dextrose PWO, maybe around 30g. But otherwise i'd listen to every bit of longdogs advice, he's a real smart bro who knows his stuff.

farmer

Awards
Thanks. I just learned something I didn't know. I didn't want to imply that you didn't know what you were talking about. It's just that I don't remember the hypo situation occuring with igf. Guess I need to read the stickies again.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well day two .......may as well make this a log of sorts. So for starters I am 6'1 185lbs 15% bf. Do a lot of intense cardio karate training (I instruct) and resistance training. Added weights not so long ago. 42 years old and looking for an edge to jump start further body comp changes. I should add that 14mos ago i was 260 and over 31% BF so have been working my ass off.

Ok day two - Felt pretty good when I woke up today. noticed that last night I had a lot of heavy night sweats. Not sure if it was the igf but it is definately not normal for me. late morning and throughout the afternoon I felt a bit nauseous. Again may be coincedance. I was very sleepy tonight. Almost hard to describe...not tired physically or yawning...just sleepy. LOL got home and decided to take a quick nap. was asleep for 2 and a half hours!! LOL got up and worked out. I worked chest, shoulders tris.....decided to hit both tris today with the igf. Not much pain at all today. They sting a bit but definately not like yesterdays biceps. Early in the game so thats all I have noticed so far.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Are you getting enough carbs in? The sleepiness sounds like a mild hypo symptom...

ManBeast

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
bumped em up a bit today Manbeast...will see how that goes....lol terrified of overcarbing and getting fat. btw you just answere my pheromone question over on love scnet.....I am zaarel over there..the newbie to em

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dude if you are 42, you will also start noticing some anti-aging benifits,I am almost 40, and started looking a little younger, never went hypo though.You will get a quality look too.

peace

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
You don't have to worry as much about carbs turning to fat while on IGF. A 40/40/20 diet is recommended, I used 45/45/10 last time & lost a lot of fat.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
personally i did a 50p/30c/20f. Worked out real well, if u want to see what i ate, i can provide a link to my thread.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
shoot me a link jon..would love to check it out

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well its day five....no real positives to report yet. Really dont notice pumps or anything out of the ordinary. I do notice I have the worst cottonmouth I have ever had. Its almost indescribable...anyone else get this from igf?? I have a bit of a dull headache at the base of my skull as well...coincidence??

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well starting week two. After the last few days I am convinced some of the negative effects I felt in week one were placebo and or diet related. I have felt nothing at all the last few days either positive or negative. I sure hope something kicks in this week. I do realize its early still but I sure have seen a lot of folks post some postivies earlier on than week two....especially in my age range.

One question I have is this.....when mine arrived it did not go next day as it should have for some reason but was delayed a day. When I recieved it the cold pack was entirely melted and warm. The cold pack and product were close to , if not at, room temp probably for a day. Is it possible that my stuff went bad??

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
you're fine. Mine was the same way and it worked great, patience!

You're right some people start feeling something right away, others dont feel anything until week 3! Just wait it out.

For the first week and a half all i really felt was more thirsty and hungry.

tickled

Awards
Will he of ruined it?

Quote from jcam222:Stuff bubbles like hell when you add the BW. perhaps because the igf is in freezer and the BW was room temp?

I thought the procedure was to mix with BA then put in freezer i.e not letting powder form freeze

Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Awards
you're fine. Mine was the same way and it worked great, patience!

You're right some people start feeling something right away, others dont feel anything until week 3! Just wait it out.

For the first week and a half all i really felt was more thirsty and hungry.
How long did it take to receive your order? I'm out of town quite a bit for work, and I'm trying to figure out when I should place my order with MR to make sure it doesn't sit on my porch...

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It was shipped next day but for some reason the post office didnt deliever until a full day after that