new to everything...need some good advice..

Jwade

Awards
What's up names jeremy. This will be my first time using any supplement...I was thinking about getting hgh up...any advice on this?

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
stick to a good training program, eating enough, and your basic supps of creatine and protein powders. perhaps a preworkout supplement after you've got a good program going. You don't need any anabolics or HGH at all right now. You'll be doing fine on your noob gains.

what's your age/weight/bf/lifts?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Work on dialing in your diet before you turn to supplementation.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Work on dialing in your diet before you turn to supplementation.
Those first months of growth are exponential. Eat right, lift heavy, sleep well, stick to the basics before for a while and learn the sport first. Stick around and keep asking questions, plenty of knowledgeable people here.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Well that all depends on what youre trying to accomplish. give me some goals, short term and long. And try to create a definitive objective to work towards.

Jwade

Awards
Well im 180 pounds...looking to stay about that weight for awhile...just wanna cut for now and down the road build mass...just heard hgh up was good for cutting up

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
You are correct but I would first recommend reevaluating you diet. Eating clean and a solid training schedule with a modest amount of cardio will do wonders.

Jwade

Awards
Thanks for the info..another website I was on they were being dicks and making fun...thanks for being cool about the situation

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Creatine, a good flavor protein & a nice pre work out will set you off just right.

When you're ready to move past that maybe looking into a natural test booster if you are old enough and you can also experiment around with a GDA & some glycobol for a pumped look :)
All In all have fun.

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
Main staples in your diet should have the following:
Oats (not the flavored instant stuff, the oats that come in the large bags)
chicken breasts
lots of veggies
cottage cheese
milk

Main supplements for now:
multivitamin
EFA's
creatine
protein powder supplement (only used if you can't stomach enough natural protein from whole foods, most can't)
possibly a pre-workout

Training program:
Stick to pre-written ones for now, pick one that is suited for your goals, or adjust so that they'll suit your goals
Some good ones are: Starting Strength, 5x5, WSSB

What you should REALLY do is get a hang of what your caloric needs are and how much you're getting. keep track of calories for a while so you know how much you're eating, and adjust from there. If you want to cut, you need at least 500 under maintenance. weigh yourself every week, no more, and go from there.

This thread really should be in a different subforum though.

As for HGH, don't even consider it. Most people go this route (all natural, getting training + diet in check first) -> (more "extreme" supplements to help push past plateaus and hit genetic limits) -> (PH and DS use) -> (AAS use) -> (HGH use)

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info..another website I was on they were being dicks and making fun...thanks for being cool about the situation
No doubt. Most AM'ers are more, i guess "professional?" than Ive seen on some other boards.

Creatine, a good flavor protein & a nice pre work out will set you off just right.

When you're ready to move past that maybe looking into a natural test booster if you are old enough and you can also experiment around with a GDA & some glycobol for a pumped look :)
All In all have fun.
Love glycobol. Good point - if you're not having fun, why do it?

Training program:
Stick to pre-written ones for now, pick one that is suited for your goals, or adjust so that they'll suit your goals
Some good ones are: Starting Strength, 5x5, WSSB

What you should REALLY do is get a hang of what your caloric needs are and how much you're getting. keep track of calories for a while so you know how much you're eating, and adjust from there. If you want to cut, you need at least 500 under maintenance. weigh yourself every week, no more, and go from there.
Youre very much in the phase of testing the waters. Go with text book training programs and diets and observe how things go. Change little things here and there as you go along (not too frequent) and see what works better for you. Ask questions... always ask questions.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Wats a good workout program and diet
This would have to google and experiment. Eat beyond 2000 calories a day most say increase by 250 a day and watch for weight gain and keeping going up in u need to.

Almost every1 has a different routine.
I would say maybe 4 sets of 8-12 reps usually work & about 3-4 exercises per muscle and get some good rest and you should be solid.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wats a good workout program and diet
Diet:
Scivation american diet (www.scivationbooks.com)

Workout program:
Athletics - WS4SB
Strength - 5/3/1 or stronglifts 5x5
Bodybuilding - Scivation Tri-phase is a solid program IMO but I an sure there are better options (im not a bodybuilder)

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I like scivations stuff - thats a good starting point for you. Nice suggestion JJ :bigok:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like scivations stuff - thats a good starting point for you. Nice suggestion JJ :bigok:
There New American Diet book is a very solid starting point for most people. From here people can adjust and play with the macros but it is a very good starting point IMO

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
What's up names jeremy. This will be my first time using any supplement...I was thinking about getting hgh up...any advice on this?
I havent sed that one but i highly rec:
Need2sleep
needtowhey
M1D from LG
powerchews.
N2Guard
bulk creatine