is BA water required, or sterile distilled okay?

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
Okay, so here's the question...

I'm going to make some 0.6% AA solution, but before that, I want to make some sterile buffer/backfill solution. Can I used sterile distilled water, or do I have to use BA water? what about using some saline solution?

I figure I can either use regular salt and distilled water mix, or buy sterile saline solution, and run it through a 0.2 filter. However, is distilled water by itself suitable for injection? if I use 0.6%AA to dilute IGF, can I backfill w/ just sterile distilled water? and will sterile distilled water last in a vial? or MUST it be BA water? if so, why?

paying more shipping that BA water is worth sounds stupid IMO... that's the main reason, and I have everything else already.

956Vette

Awards
paying more shipping that BA water is worth sounds stupid IMO...
Pay for it done right.

$15-20, a quick e-commerce transaction...or waste time playing MacGyver and rolling the dice - sounds silly & impatient imo

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
If I'm already making AA, it doesn't take much more time to make some NaCL. AA has to be made anyways since it's not sold. I have some BA NaCL solution on the way already.

After more research, what causes the necrosis at the inject site? the AA or the hypotonic environment?

956Vette

Awards
If I'm already making AA, it doesn't take much more time to make some NaCL. AA has to be made anyways since it's not sold. I have some BA NaCL solution on the way already.
Makes more sense, thank you. A highly acidic injection could be harmful...that's the warning

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
So standard sterile NaCl would suffice, especially if the slin pin is backfilled and frozen for later use. This would negate the need for the benzyl alch preservative correct?

Just wondering... I got 2 bottles of usp BA NaCl coming my way, so this is more of a theoretical question now. As for the acidity, igf is most stable in an acidic solution (0.6 AA), but does a more neutral solution destroy it? or merely reduce shelf-life (which wouldn't matter if it's frozen immediately or injected immediately anyways).

In addition, if all the IGF-LR3 slin pins were first backfilled and frozen for later use, and thawed the day before use, wouldn't that negate the requirement of having to use AA, and thus the sting and necrosis associated with it?

Which leads to another issue of the varying stability reports of IGF reconstituted with BA and AA...

can anyone answer these questions? (sorry, just me being too academic, and not wanting to study for school)

956Vette

Awards
So standard sterile NaCl would suffice, especially if the slin pin is backfilled and frozen for later use. This would negate the need for the benzyl alch preservative correct?

Just wondering... I got 2 bottles of usp BA NaCl coming my way, so this is more of a theoretical question now. As for the acidity, igf is most stable in an acidic solution (0.6 AA), but does a more neutral solution destroy it? or merely reduce shelf-life (which wouldn't matter if it's frozen immediately or injected immediately anyways).

In addition, if all the IGF-LR3 slin pins were first backfilled and frozen for later use, and thawed the day before use, wouldn't that negate the requirement of having to use AA, and thus the sting and necrosis associated with it?

Which leads to another issue of the varying stability reports of IGF reconstituted with BA and AA...

can anyone answer these questions? (sorry, just me being too academic, and not wanting to study for school)
Yes sir, standard bact nacl suffices with IGF-1 analogs. Drive-by sound bites and cliff notes can lead to fear/hype marketing Acetic acid mixtures for reconstitution. The NaCl or simple bact water are just fine for IGF-1 research - long term storage hardly makes sense to me.
If you wanted to mix Lr3 with bact nacl, leave a little bubble and freeze - go for it! thawing just takes minutes or seconds warming up between your fingers prior to injection.