conflicting information on storage/What do u do?

956Vette

Awards
This is the last thing holding me back before obtaining igf lr3. I read everything that igf can survive at room temp for 2 years in powder form and months suspended in AA.

"Supposedly the downgradation of the IGF if it is not frozen is 8-10% per month. After 1 year when it is suspended in AA it is rendered basicly useless. Best to have whatever you plan to use, used if its not frozen within a month or 2 tops."

"Storage- the most popular (and most effective) way to store, transport, preserve IGF is by suspending it in sterile BA in a sterile vial.
This will keep your IGF 99% potent for many months at a time in just about ANY indoor storage, I.E.-closet, drawer, etc."

I read everywhere that AA is far better then the use of BA. But these are just some exsamples of tons of stuff on the net.

So I figure I would ask people with experience. Any info will help.
Reconstitute your LR3 multi-use vial with diluted sterile acetic acid should you want to preserve potency for extended length & wish to buffer injects with either bact water/nacl. Should you not follow the hype, simply reconstitute with bacteriostatic sodium chloride, use within a month & be done with the fear(s) the long chain amino acid will hide in pores and/or degrade.

Craig Machine

Awards
Thanks for the info. What about having to keep it in the fridge? I read a study graph that has been around for awhile

Storage of LR3 IGF-1
*Study conducted by Gropep

The stability of a liquid solution of LR3IGF-I was monitored for a period of two years at storage conditions of -20 C, +4 C, +22 C, and +37 C. The final concentration of LR3IGF-I was in acetic acid. At various time points, samples were taken and compared to a lyophilized control (stored at 4 C). Listed below are the stability results for each respective storage condition.

Storage Condition: -20 C (-4 F)
Biological Potency No Change up to 2 years
Immunological Activity No Change up to 2 years
Mobility of Protein No Change up to 2 years
Elution Profile by reversed phased HPLC No Change up to 2 years

Storage Condition: +4 C (39.2 F)

Storage Condition: +22 C (71.6 F)

Storage Condition: +37 C (98.6 F)
Biological Potency No Change up to 1 year
Immunological Activity No Change up to 1 year
Mobility of Protein No Change up to 1 year
Elution Profile by reversed phased HPLC No Change up to 1 year

In conclusion, there is no significant difference in the potency of LR3IGF-I associated with the storage of the liquid formulation when stored at this range of temperatures. There is no evidence for loss of biological activity at any of the tested temperatures when stored as a liquid product. As you can see IGF can be quite stable for even a year at room temperature, but if you want to keep it around for a while then stick it into the fridge. So in my opinion the best way to store LR3 that is suspended in BA (benzoic acid) is in the freezer. The BA won’t allow it to freeze. And if you have it suspended in AA (acetic acid), store it in the fridge.

Thoughts??