Need help constituting my IGF-LR3 - AnabolicMinds.com

Need help constituting my IGF-LR3

1. New Member
    Answers

Need help constituting my IGF-LR3

I'm new to the board. I was asking this question at musclechemistry and go no help. I just got 20mg IGF-1 LR3 in lyophilized (powder) form. I need to dilute it for my research. I know alot of the "research companies" are diluting it with BA. The MSDS data sheet that came with my IGF-1LR3 calls for diluting with a 10mM HCL or 100mM Acetic acid solution. They claim this is best for cell research and the product will remain stable for 2-4 years. 2yr min. Based on this I would like to dilute with the HCL. I know bacteria can live in Acetic acid so I opt to go with HCL. Now in diluting do I use bacteriostatic water or some microwaved distilled water?

For those of you whom disagree and think BA is the way to go please explain why you believe this to be beneficial over the manufacturers suggestion.

I would appreciate any help that any of you can give me on what type of water to use, on deciding for using HCL, acetic acid, or BA and why. Thanks in advance,,,,bigjosh

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Answers

I'm not quite sure you want to be injecting HCL of any molarity into your research subjects...

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*

3. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast
    I'm not quite sure you want to be injecting HCL of any molarity into your research subjects...

ManBeast
    in that case I may just go with the acetic acid solution. I am going to try a few i.u's of each solution and see how they feel. I still do not know what type of water to use though.

Also, why do people dilute with BA when the MSDS calls for different. In cell cultures the acetic acid solution and HCL solution works wonders and is what is recommended. I have never read of any dilution other than HCL and acetic acid EXCEPT that used by research companies that sell it pre-diluted.

Anyone out there have any suggestions on which solution to dilute with???

My choices are:

A. HCL and Distilled water
    B. HCL and Bacteriostatic water
    C. Acetic Acid and Distilled water
    D. Acetic Acid and Bacteriostatic water
    E. BA and Bacteriostatic water

Also, what mixture do the research companies use of BA and water? thanks,,,,bigjosh
    Last edited by bigjosh; 08-04-2004 at 09:55 AM.

•   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Answers

Again... Acetic acid probably won't feel too good when your subject is injected with it. I would re-constitute it 1mg at a time with BA, and dilute with bacteriostatic water.

Also... why did you buy this stuff before you knew how to use it?

ManBeast
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*

5. New Member
    Answers

Again... Acetic acid probably won't feel too good when your subject is injected with it. I would re-constitute it 1mg at a time with BA, and dilute with bacteriostatic water.

Also... why did you buy this stuff before you knew how to use it?

ManBeast
    I do know how to use it. Diluting it is minor details...and in my eyes I know how to dilute it and everyone else does it incorrectly, lol. I am further educating myself on why the research companies dilute with BA. If you must know I have access to a gropep distributor and they offer price breaks the more you buy and i came into some money just as 3 of my friends did so it was a go now and finish up the minor details upon ar***** or get later and spend an assload more just getting 5mg instead of 20mg.

I still do not understand why people dilute with BA. I think i am going to go with the manufacturers suggestion pending my test injection of the HCL solution and acetic acid solution isn't too painful. I have been researching this for well over a year and still do not understand why people dilute w/ BA. I have injected some pretty painful **** in my day with a high BA content and I can't imagine a low mM solution of vinegar or HCL being too much more painful in comparrison, but I will let you know unless I get some actual information from someone on why they dilute the way they do. Seems help is hard to come by on nearly every board.

I have researched IGF-1LR3 for well over a year. I am not some idiot who bought some **** and is like ummmm "how do i use it?"... I have been doing gh/slin and pgf2 on and off for over 2 yrs and cycling AS for 6 and spend nearly 4-6 hours a day and have for the past five years reading about my hobby...

What mixture do you use for diluting with BA Manbeast?

I am diluting the full 20mg at one time and splitting 20mg among 4 test subjects.

6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Answers

Mine came pre-diluted in BA from MR and I use BW to further dilute it. I haven't gone above 20mcg, So I'll draw that up, and enough BW to make it .2-.5cc total and boom.

ManBeast

7. New Member
    Answers

Mine came pre-diluted in BA from MR and I use BW to further dilute it. I haven't gone above 20mcg, So I'll draw that up, and enough BW to make it .2-.5cc total and boom.

ManBeast
    Pending I don't hear from someone else I will do what the manufacturer suggests IF my test injections do not hurt. Otherwise I will dilute w/ straight BA and dilute each injection upon drawing out into slin pin.

Thanks ManBeast.

8. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bigjosh
    Pending I don't hear from someone else I will do what the manufacturer suggests IF my test injections do not hurt. Otherwise I will dilute w/ straight BA and dilute each injection upon drawing out into slin pin.

Thanks ManBeast.
    you might want to check into life after mixed with BA, I think it is shorter than with the other solutions you mentioned, and if you store it in the freezer (with just the BA, since ba doesn't freeze), that helps too..since you got a bunch....

9. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by willieman
    you might want to check into life after mixed with BA, I think it is shorter than with the other solutions you mentioned, and if you store it in the freezer (with just the BA, since ba doesn't freeze), that helps too..since you got a bunch....
    There is absolutely no proof of this.....it's something that one person from one board keeps propogating. HCl and acetic acid are recommended because LR3 is meant to be used IN VITRO, and these two solvents don't provide any abnormal media constituents (acetate ions and Cl- ions are no big deal), BA has been shown to be a very good solvent for reconstituting IGF and preserving tertiary structure. I too get my LR3 lyophilized and still use BA, when I have HCl and acetic acid right here at my disposal. The MSDS is applicable to its intended use only, where media conditions cannot be altered to any appreciable degree so as to affect the outcome of the assays used. This does NOT mean that these two solvents are the best solvents for reconstitution. They are "good" because of their pHs and common counterions, but BA is very good for its hydrophobic/hydrophillic interactions with LR3

10. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    There is absolutely no proof of this.....it's something that one person from one board keeps propogating. HCl and acetic acid are recommended because LR3 is meant to be used IN VITRO, and these two solvents don't provide any abnormal media constituents (acetate ions and Cl- ions are no big deal), BA has been shown to be a very good solvent for reconstituting IGF and preserving tertiary structure. I too get my LR3 lyophilized and still use BA, when I have HCl and acetic acid right here at my disposal. The MSDS is applicable to its intended use only, where media conditions cannot be altered to any appreciable degree so as to affect the outcome of the assays used. This does NOT mean that these two solvents are the best solvents for reconstitution. They are "good" because of their pHs and common counterions, but BA is very good for its hydrophobic/hydrophillic interactions with LR3
    Einstein thanks for your informative post! Do you have any guesses as to how long igf-1 lr3 will last in BA? thanks again, finally someone with some input.

11. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bigjosh
    Einstein thanks for your informative post! Do you have any guesses as to how long igf-1 lr3 will last in BA? thanks again, finally someone with some input.
    There's no reason to assume that it wouldn't last as long or longer than in 10mM HCl or 100mM acetic acid. The longest I've heard someone storing it has been 3 months, with no noticeabley decreased activity....In BA, keep it in the freezer.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. NEED HELP WITH MY CYCLE
    By bionicBC in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 11:19 AM
  2. I need help planning my diet
    By plattinum in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-10-2004, 02:52 PM
  3. Need help w/ my weird idea
    By j_neatherlin in forum Anabolics