IGF-1 Treatment

B

BryanFury

Awards
I know this is way off topic from what you guys are used to. Before I start, a little history. I will be 22 in about 2 weeks, and have been lifting since freshman year in high school. I have reached my goal of being able to bench 350, and am of adequate size. But, I am looking to start using IGF-1 Long R3.

I have a demyelinizing genetic disorder which slowly cripples the use of nerves. The weight training has combated the weakness associated with this, but the numbness, loss of feeling, and degredation of balance is setting in even more so now. At one point, I was being scouted as one of the best baseball players in the state, but the disease took that out of the picture. I am serious about training, and figure the IGF is worth a shot, since there are no other treatments available.

In studies, IGF-1 Long R3 has been shown to rapidly activate Schwann cells in a short period of time, causing the growth of new myelin sheathing around nerves. This means that the IGF is the only thing somewhat available now that can slow, halt, or possibly reverse the degredation of the nervous system with a disorder of this nature.

I know that I am still fairly young, but when there is a chance I might not see 30, that really isn't an issue right now. I am willing to be one of the first to try this for this reason. My only real question is what size pin do you suggest for injections? Is it 27 gauge 1/2inch? I have read everything on this forum about the use of IGF, but have never done any form of injectables. I haven't ordered any materials yet, as I am waiting for my next paycheck. Any help or suggestions will be extremely appreciated, as I hope some effects are noticeable and if they are, I plan to be on IGF every other month for quite some time. If anyone would like to ask a question of me, feel free. Thank you for your help, and time reading my somewhat long post.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Others will hopefully answer your technical questions on IGF as I'm not experienced in that area yet.

I would however like to say that I "think" for whatever its worth, that you are making a brave and hopefully wise move in trying to preserve your health. I've pledge to myself that is some accident were ever to befall myself or loved one that I would administer IGF in hopes that its regenerative qualities could ward off permanent nerve damage since it seems to be the only option available.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck on this endeavor! Please keep us apprised of your progress.

B

BryanFury

Awards
Others will hopefully answer your technical questions on IGF as I'm not experienced in that area yet.

I would however like to say that I "think" for whatever its worth, that you are making a brave and hopefully wise move in trying to preserve your health. I've pledge to myself that is some accident were ever to befall myself or loved one that I would administer IGF in hopes that its regenerative qualities could ward off permanent nerve damage since it seems to be the only option available.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck on this endeavor! Please keep us apprised of your progress.
Thank you.

N

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
I know this is way off topic from what you guys are used to. Before I start, a little history. I will be 22 in about 2 weeks, and have been lifting since freshman year in high school. I have reached my goal of being able to bench 350, and am of adequate size. But, I am looking to start using IGF-1 Long R3.

I have a demyelinizing genetic disorder which slowly cripples the use of nerves. The weight training has combated the weakness associated with this, but the numbness, loss of feeling, and degredation of balance is setting in even more so now. At one point, I was being scouted as one of the best baseball players in the state, but the disease took that out of the picture. I am serious about training, and figure the IGF is worth a shot, since there are no other treatments available.

In studies, IGF-1 Long R3 has been shown to rapidly activate Schwann cells in a short period of time, causing the growth of new myelin sheathing around nerves. This means that the IGF is the only thing somewhat available now that can slow, halt, or possibly reverse the degredation of the nervous system with a disorder of this nature.

I know that I am still fairly young, but when there is a chance I might not see 30, that really isn't an issue right now. I am willing to be one of the first to try this for this reason. My only real question is what size pin do you suggest for injections? Is it 27 gauge 1/2inch? I have read everything on this forum about the use of IGF, but have never done any form of injectables. I haven't ordered any materials yet, as I am waiting for my next paycheck. Any help or suggestions will be extremely appreciated, as I hope some effects are noticeable and if they are, I plan to be on IGF every other month for quite some time. If anyone would like to ask a question of me, feel free. Thank you for your help, and time reading my somewhat long post.
Well I suppose you could use a 27g, but all you really need is a slin pin (29g or 30g), 1/2 inch. Its mainly water and ba so no larger gauge is needed.

Good luck to you my friend!

B

BryanFury

Awards
Well I suppose you could use a 27g, but all you really need is a slin pin (29g or 30g), 1/2 inch. Its mainly water and ba so no larger gauge is needed.
Thats what I was looking for, thank you very much.

F

FullyBuilt

Awards
  • Established
yah, just go to getpinz.com or gearboxinc.com and order a box of 29gauge 1/2" insulin pins.

L

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I use 31 gauge slin pins IM. Larger ones will work, but the smaller the better for ease of spot injecting & less scar tissue.

B

BryanFury

Awards
I use 31 gauge slin pins IM. Larger ones will work, but the smaller the better for ease of spot injecting & less scar tissue.
Where can I get 31 gauge pins? I haven't found anywhere to order them. If it is seen as a source, please send me a PM.

Thank you for the help, advice, and support. Best wishes to you all.

S

serengo

Awards
Where can I get 31 gauge pins? I haven't found anywhere to order them. If it is seen as a source, please send me a PM.

First let me say that, were I in your shoes, I would try this, and I am not by any means an expert, just my .02

If it's not a prescription item in your state...
Go to the drugstore and ask for them, if they say anything tell them you have a cat that is diabetic and you give it a shot every day, and that your vet told you you could get them w/o a scrip.

Good Luck Bro

E

einstein1905

Banned
Awards
An important question.....what exactly is your disease? Many demyelinating diseases are autoimmune diseases. growth hormone, both directly and via IGF-1, has been shown to be imprtant in Schwann cell activation and myelination in general. however, if it is in fact an autoimmune disease, you also have to be prepared for the upregulatory effects that GH can have on Th1 immunity (cell-mediated immunity, which is most often responsible for autoimmunity of this sort.

Even AAS can have a positive affect on neural development, at least with motor neurons.

It's difficult to say more w/o knowing more. Hopefully the doc will chime in here.

BTW, I know you were referring to LR3 here, but GH would probably be a better choice IMO

Last edited:
M

Myth

Awards
An important question.....what exactly is your disease? Many demyelinating diseases are autoimmune diseases. growth hormone, both directly and via IGF-1, has been shown to be imprtant in Schwann cell activation and myelination in general. however, if it is in fact an autoimmune disease, you also have to be prepared for the upregulatory effects that GH can have on Th1 immunity (cell-mediated immunity, which is most often responsible for autoimmunity of this sort.

Even AAS can have a positive affect on neural development, at least with motor neurons.

It's difficult to say more w/o knowing more. Hopefully the doc will chime in here.

BTW, I know you were referring to LR3 here, but GH would probably be a better choice IMO
This is why I love this place! Good bro's with good clean advice!

B

BryanFury

Awards

It isn't autoimmune. I lack production of a certain protein that protects the myelin from destruction, mainly free radicals. A relative of mine was diagnosed with the same condition, and lost the ability to walk by his early teens, and recently died from complications caused by it. When he was still living, he was one of three known cases in the world. I haven't been completely diagnosed, but doctors speculate it is the same disorder. I've had multiple conductivity tests run on nerves in my extremities showing a slow decline in conductivity due to the apparent disorder and subsequest myelin damage. My Schwann cells still function correctly, its just that I can't repair as fast as damage is being done.

B

BryanFury

Awards

The main reason I am looking at the LR3 right now, is that multiple tests have shown it works. In a saturdated environment, a nerve will go from completely bare to a full coating of myelin in 72hrs. Will it work in a real life test, and not in a lab...I don't know. I have to at least try though. Just wish it wasn't so expensive, heh.

L

Longdog

Awards
  • Established

diabeticexpress.com has them for $22.50, cheapest I've seen. Look for the BD Ultra Fine II 31g.

B

BryanFury

Awards
Well, everything should be in the mail, and plan to start the cycle end of the week at the latest. Ordered the IGF late last week from MR, hope it comes in soon. I keep watching for it so that it won't sit outside.

I just wanted to get anyones opinion that might have some input on this. I am 5'7, 182lbs, fairly lean. As you can see my goals are somewhat different from the normal use of IGF. Anyone have a suggestion on how much I should be used? I have been considering 30mcg, but since my goal is different, maybe 40mcg would offer more results due to a higher concentration. I'm kind of at a loss because I haven't found a medical report with dosing numbers related to my intentions.

Any more input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Damn... all the questions I could have answerd have been gotten already. I still want to wish you the best on your endeavor in combatting this, if only more people had your resolve to fight something instead of giving up. Very inspirational.

ManBeast

B

BryanFury

Awards
Damn... all the questions I could have answerd have been gotten already. I still want to wish you the best on your endeavor in combatting this, if only more people had your resolve to fight something instead of giving up. Very inspirational.

ManBeast
No worries. Thank you for the kind words though.

Not sure on MR's turn around time on orders, but as soon as I can start keeping a log, I will.

B

BryanFury

Awards
MR order apparently got mixed up. It didn't get to me within a week, but I mailed them to check on everything and make sure there were no errors. Won't get it soon due to the holiday. When I finally start, I will update this thread, hopefully with some new information.

B

BryanFury

Awards
2nd day: Still getting used to self-injection. Sore from the BA a little in my left quad. Strength seems to be up, and honestly I feel more stable doing squats. I could probably attirbute this all to placebo effect since it is very early, but I do feel optomistic at least, which is a plus. Will probably update every 3 days since I don't expect drastic leaps and bounds from dose to dose.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Injections get to be fun. I honestly look forward to mine most of the time. :D
It probably is a placebo right now, but I wish you nothing but good luck and progress with this. Are you going to do the standard 4 on 4 off type dosing? Or does research show a better result for your goals with a longer dosing schedule?

ManBeast

B

BryanFury

Awards
Injections get to be fun. I honestly look forward to mine most of the time. :D
It probably is a placebo right now, but I wish you nothing but good luck and progress with this. Are you going to do the standard 4 on 4 off type dosing? Or does research show a better result for your goals with a longer dosing schedule?

ManBeast
Going to stick with the 4 on 4 off for now. Trying it a 40. Figured it would be best to test the waters before trying a higher dose. I would probably see better results with a higher dosing for two weeks, but like I said, testing the waters. Figure it will be similar to lifting, a slow change over a long period of time, patience is a virtue I suppose. Higher dosing will also mean more cost. I have been restoring a corvette, but it is shelved for now in anticipation of purchasing more IGF.

B

BryanFury

Awards
Day 3; Agree with ManBeast, you do start looking forward to them :twisted: Anyway, on a serious note, I did find a noticable physical difference today. My left calf, under any load, would spasm, appearing as though fibers weren't firing together. The spasming was gone completely today. It had been evident every day for roughly a year. I don't think placebo effect will explain that away.

MuscleResearch

MuscleResearch

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bryan sorry about the delay. Sounds very interesting and I hope this helps you out. That would just be awesome.

-MR

B

BryanFury

Awards
Bryan sorry about the delay. Sounds very interesting and I hope this helps you out. That would just be awesome.

-MR
No worries at all. I owe you thanks for making this available so I can even give it a shot.

B

BryanFury

Awards
Day 6/7: Feeling really great. I definately see a difference while lifting and with daily activities. I don't get fatigued like I have been when I am on my feet all day. If I don't have any more progress with my current dosing, I will be happy condsidering I have seen change. Wouldn't have happened without this board. On top of that, strength is up a little, body composition shifting around, weight is up, and vascularity is up. I can't complain at all, well, aside from the crazy dreams I am having that I guess are attributed to the IGF. Now to load up on non-perishable protein, Ivan looks like its going to be a monster. Will probably lose access mid-week, will update again when I can.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Awesome to hear! I hope that the improvements keep coming and that Ivan turns out to be a sissy bitch of a hurricane.

ManBeast

B

BryanFury

Awards
In anticipation of Ivan and loss of power, what should I do with the IGF? I will have 2 weeks left in the bottle. I keep it in the fridge, but without power, that is kind of pointless. Any suggestions?

B

BryanFury

Awards
Day 10/11-Back at it. I lost about two pounds during the hurricane, not eating right and working a lot today to clear the yard of debris. I have developed an arthritic feeling in my knees. People reported that in wrists, is it common? Still feeling very good about everything, other than calf injections+the arthritic ache making walking a chore.

B

BryanFury

Awards
Day 14/15- Still at it, nothing really new to report. Have noticed I don't get sore at all from the BA anymore...which I guess is kind of odd.

Question though. There is a thread in the PH forum about the ban possibly landing as soon as next week. Will this affect IGF at all, as in changing the scheduling? I don't know the details since the bill was alterred.

M

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I have not seen anything on changing it

B

BryanFury

Awards
Well, cycle cut early today...I had been sick the last week from some bug I got from a friend of mine, so my eating had been off. Then today I finally feel normal, I go to use the IGF, and after I draw I knock the bottle with my elbow and it breaks on the floor. Two or three days worth shot...This isn't my week.

But I think it did some good as a whole. Will be doing it again in a month, probably with a PH cycle. Hopefully combined with the new anti-oxidant stack, I will benefit more so the next time around.

J

Jason161

Awards
Good luck man...

This is why I think stem cell research is so important, but it's not likley that it will be developed on, at least in public.

B

BryanFury

Awards
Good luck man...

This is why I think stem cell research is so important, but it's not likley that it will be developed on, at least in public.
I'd also love to see it seriously developed, there are so many people that could benefit from it so much more than I would. But, the Bush administration has cut funding, and I don't see it being studied with government funding again this decade.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tobias Sherman IGF-1/GH 16
J IGF-1/GH 2
S Anabolics 1
V Supplements 3
V Supplements 0