Igf-1 question regarding timing-

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I will be running 40mcg ED during my igf-1 cycle. I'm going to try to get some added spot growth like some say they have achieved, by injecting my biceps and triceps.

Normally i think i'm going to split the dosage to 2x per day at 20mcg, but i was wondering on days i lift biceps and days i lift triceps, if i should inject 40mcg directly post workout. (20mcg into each bicep) I'm kind of curious if there would be any added benefit to this?

Reason i ask is that a lot of people (mostly on other boards i frequent) just take the 40mcg dosage directly after workout and don't split the dosage 2x a day.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I think you should just do 1 injection each day of 40mcg PWO.

ManBeast

einstein1905

Banned
Awards
I'm all for the 1x/day dosing. The fact that IGF receptors are upregulated in response to muscle trauma (due to resistance training in our case) is reason enough for me to attempt to take full advantage of this by injectin ginto the muscles just worked to get the greatest IGF-1:IGF receptor ratio at the most beneficial time. the site-specific effects have been very apparent for many, myself included.

The argument for 2x/day dosing would be a more consistent plasma level over a 24hr period, but to what advantage? There is a window of opportunity during which IGF-1 can have a significantly better chance of binding receptors at desireable sites, so it's best to capitalize on that. I think the "level plasma concentration" mentality carries over from the idea of using cholesterol-derived, esterified AAS, where consistent plasma levels are more favorable, but with these peptide hormones, their actions are immediate and acute, so timing their delivery to best suit the periods where they're most efficiently utilized is key IMO.
I can say that I've had very good results this way, and most I know have switched over to 1x/day IM into muscles just worked. I urge you to at least try it.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
1x a day it is then. New question, say someone was lifting only 4 days a week?

On off days would you then inject the 40mcg whenever during the day, not inject, or lower the dosage to say 20mcg?

einstein1905

Banned
Awards
1x a day it is then. New question, say someone was lifting only 4 days a week?

On off days would you then inject the 40mcg whenever during the day, not inject, or lower the dosage to say 20mcg?
That's something I can't answer well. I inject in the AM into the muscles worked the prvious workout. My logic being that IGF receptors are upregulated, for how long is not clear, so injectin gin the AM it is for me on off days. Also, after chest/tri day, I'll hit tris the day of (pwo) then pecs the day after (in the AM)....I'm much less set in my ways on the off day timing though

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That's something I can't answer well. I inject in the AM into the muscles worked the prvious workout. My logic being that IGF receptors are upregulated, for how long is not clear, so injectin gin the AM it is for me on off days. Also, after chest/tri day, I'll hit tris the day of (pwo) then pecs the day after (in the AM)....I'm much less set in my ways on the off day timing though
here was my reasoning, it's probabaly retarded. I figured if i lowered the dosage to 20mcg on non workout days, which is 3x a week, i could inject 60mcg on 3 of my 4 workout days, (and just do 40mcg on my leg days) and still have the cycle last the full amount of time.

If you say next morning though, then who am i to argue w/ the almighty einstein1905. :drunk:

Myth

Awards
Thanks

Blaze, you asked the questions I was sitting on for about a week. I have been reading boards also and trying to map this thing out right. I can't afford to screw up the igf.

RunDMT

Awards
I did the same as einstein, I chose I primary muscle to inject immediately after the workout, then the next morning (if on an off day) inject into a seconday muscle. Don't know whether it was the best way to do it, but it worked well for me. I grouped bi/tri days together and always did biceps post workout, and triceps the next morning. The biceps grew a bit better but I definitely had good improvement in the triceps as well.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I did the same as einstein, I chose I primary muscle to inject immediately after the workout, then the next morning (if on an off day) inject into a seconday muscle. Don't know whether it was the best way to do it, but it worked well for me. I grouped bi/tri days together and always did biceps post workout, and triceps the next morning. The biceps grew a bit better but I definitely had good improvement in the triceps as well.
after leg workouts, were you hitting thighs or calves?

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps john, you should try working out with light weights the other 3 days per week, not enough to tax the CNS or to overtrain but to cause some muscular taxation so that the igf1 will have a better opprotunity to bind? Lets see what the smart guys think about that.

Note: I have not yet used igf1 and do not have a doctorate, yet,so i am not giving medical advice simply suggesting an option.

prostock

Awards
AS far as site inj. would it be acceptable to inj. right before your workout instead of post workout....thanx ..pro